Who are actually on this PharmD forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_Rx2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you on this PharmD forum are actually pharmacy student(not in prepharmacy program) or pharmacist(not counting the ones who went/or are going to medical schools)?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first year pharm d. student!

We just finished our finals yesterday:clap:

I am a 4th year PharmD student.....will graduate next spring:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a BS pharmacist-graduated in 1988.

loo

Originally posted by Dr_Rx2003
I am a 4th year PharmD student.....will graduate next spring:cool:

Its good to here from those who are almost through, it gives hope that my time will to come!

I also will be graduating in May with my PharmD. Rotations are awesome and a very nice break from the classroom grind. Unfortunately this year of lounging is quickly coming to an end and it will be back to the salt mines as I will start med school in August.

Originally posted by pharmer
I also will be graduating in May with my PharmD. Rotations are awesome and a very nice break from the classroom grind. Unfortunately this year of lounging is quickly coming to an end and it will be back to the salt mines as I will start med school in August.
Why/when did you decide to go to med school? Just curious -- it seems like a lot of work to go for a PharmD and then turn around and go through medical school!

How many of you on this PharmD forum are actually pharmacy student(not in prepharmacy program) or pharmacist(not counting the ones who went/or are going to medical schools)?not counting the ones who went/or are going to medical schools

Why/when did you decide to go to med school? Just curious -- it seems like a lot of work to go for a PharmD and then turn around and go through medical school!

It has been a long process in the making. In my second symester of pharm prerecs I had an anatomy and phys class that I really enjoyed and started thinking about med school. I switched my major over to pre-med and still applied to pharm school. I got in with the min 60h of pre-recs and decided I would go and that if I still wanted to go to med school afterwards I would. After my first 2 years in the prof. program I still had the desire to pursue medicine. I went ahead and added 2 symesters of physics on top of my pharm curriculumn and took the MCAT last April. It made for a full schedule but everything has worked out fine and it probably made for good prep come next August.

pharmer

Originally posted by pharmer
It has been a long process in the making. In my second symester of pharm prerecs I had an anatomy and phys class that I really enjoyed and started thinking about med school. I switched my major over to pre-med and still applied to pharm school. I got in with the min 60h of pre-recs and decided I would go and that if I still wanted to go to med school afterwards I would. After my first 2 years in the prof. program I still had the desire to pursue medicine. I went ahead and added 2 symesters of physics on top of my pharm curriculumn and took the MCAT last April. It made for a full schedule but everything has worked out fine and it probably made for good prep come next August.

pharmer
Good for you -- it sounds like a long road, but it's great that you're doing what you really want to do. Your drug knowlege will certainly be a huge benefit to you as an MD. Good luck!

Originally posted by Dr_Rx2003
How many of you on this PharmD forum are actually pharmacy student(not in prepharmacy program) or pharmacist(not counting the ones who went/or are going to medical schools)?

PharmD student here.

(not counting the ones who went/or are going to medical schools?

and premed... just a change of heart.... why don't I count? I'll still be a pharmacist when I graduate :)