Who can't wait for their highschool reunion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chalklette

a child of god
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hmmm

Members don't see this ad.

Medikit said:
well I can see why they are your ex's

That is SOOOOOOOO messed up! :laugh:

I'm not excited because all of my REAL friends have kept in touch. I see them every once in a while and when we talk, it's like we haven't spent months apart. I love it. As for the reuinion, I'll just be sitting with my friends pretending to remember/like certain people. Oh, did I mention I'm going to pretend like I'm interested in what they do?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the point of high school reunions? Anyone you cared about, you would have kept in touch with. From TV and movies, they make it seem like high school reunions are for lonely people that hook up.

chalklette said:
Maybe it's just me but I would like to show my ex's what they missed out on. THey coulda been at home doing nothing while I support them. They coulda been my boy toy. And for those hefa's I would love to say now I see why you hated me so much. I would hate me too. :D

On the serious tip it would be nice to tell others about your accomplishments and and have them be proud and congratulate you. It also wouldn't hurt to drive up in your convertible beamer JUST AS PEOPLE ARE EXITING the building.

car's are not so hard to come by these days and driving a nice one doesn't mean u're loaded w/ $$$. i've seen people working minumum wage jobs afford decent cars. a lease for a low-end beamer would be around $350-something...maybe a hundred more than a typical car. some people might choose to pay off their 2004 corolla rather than lease a 2004 beamer.

I honestly can't run fast enough from my reuinion WHICH IS THIS SUMMER thank you very much. Thank Mary that school starts just in the nick of time to allow me to escape! I'm sure all my classmates are like divorced twice and have eleventy billion kids. No thanks.

i think reunions are mainly geared towards those who had been really active in hs and have a lot of school spirit (i.e. the people who actually art are of the school's alumni association or who were involved in clubs, sports, student gov't, etc) or those who have something to prove to their peers....i.e. the "in your face" mentality.

I'm gonna bust down the double doors.

Why would you want to go? I'm not going. I have nothing to prove. I've done well. But I didn't get pleasure out of making others feel like they are less because they haven't done as much. However, I did attend a school, private school, where all of us have done well. It was expected. Just being there was an accomplishment.

chalklette said:
THey coulda been at home doing nothing while I support them. They coulda been my boy toy.

Is it too late to sign up for this "boy toy" thing?

Brickhouse said:
I honestly can't run fast enough from my reuinion WHICH IS THIS SUMMER thank you very much. Thank Mary that school starts just in the nick of time to allow me to escape! I'm sure all my classmates are like divorced twice and have eleventy billion kids. No thanks.

which reunion is it for you? I have my 10th coming up (2005 sometime), and its strange that I will just be starting down my career path, while other ppl will be well established. Not that I'll likely have time to go during 2nd year--even if it is in the summer, I plan to have some research job or other. Interestingly enough, one of my classmates just graduated from the med school I'm going to next year and will be starting her pgy3.

I have had people tell me my entire life, especially in high school that I would never make it--that I just wasn't "smart enough". I AM GOING TO MAKE IT...and I would not really gloat, but it would make me feel good just to go and be proud of what I have accomplished in the face of everyone telling me it was impossible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Brickhouse said:

I'm right where you are bricky - and it's making me feel bizarre to be just starting med school this year when everyone's got their career, and are divorced or already done bunnying while I'm happily married and childless. Try being happy in a relationship - you'll feel like a freak half the time you're around other people :p Maybe it's a mid-twenties (okay, late-twenties) crisis?

Most of the people in my school wouldn't be shocked to see me going off to med school, and they're all pretty nice folks. I don't harbor them any ill will, and wouldn't mind seeing them, but ten years is such a long time to maintain interest...short attention span I guess. High school drama seems like something like happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Brickhouse said:
...eleventy billion kids...
I'm going to my 10-yr this summer, kind of looking forward to it. I've really only kept in touch with two or three folks, but I think it'll be fun to find out what others have been up to. If nothing else, it'll be nice to get back to my ****-town hometown and see my parents for a few days.

Alexander99 said:
What are the point of high school reunions? Anyone you cared about, you would have kept in touch with. From TV and movies, they make it seem like high school reunions are for lonely people that hook up.

The point of high school reunions is to find out what those people at high school that you hated are up to now so that you can feel better about yourself when you find out that they are still working at a gas station :D

I just went to my 10 year HS reunion and it was really bizarre! I am getting a late start on the medical career also so it was interesting to see my classmates who did the traditional straight schooling and are now doing their residencies. The weird thing was, they said the envied ME for going and doing all the things I did after school instead of going straight to med school. I was surprised to hear that. Other surprising things were seeing people like the prom queen married to the prom king and so many really drunk people (it was open bar) out on the dance floor hitting on each other. It was truly surreal!

Scubadoc said:
Other surprising things were seeing .... so many really drunk people (it was open bar) out on the dance floor hitting on each other. It was truly surreal!

eww, that's just ceepy and pathetic! Man, people come out of their miserable shells when they get a little alcohol in them, huh? :laugh: My friend and I have a pact to go together and sit together and not leave each other. Should be interesting in 6 years...hehe

In a way, I'd like to go to my HS reunion. I knew quite a few people in HS who wanted to be physcians and it would be good to network with these people (if they went through with it). I'd like to have acquaintances who've gone to different med schools from mine so that we can share information and be a part of a support system. On the other hand, our senior class president was very flakey and I have a feeling that he's never going to get it together enough for us to have a reunion ever. Oh well :(

I think it would be fun to go to my HS reunion. Many of my friends took a VERY different path than I did, and we've lost track of each other. I'm sure a good portion of them have kids now, and I dunno, I'd like to meet their kids, and their spouses.

I see the reunion as a reassurance that "Oh, good! He/she is doing okay!"

I was never the smartest kid in high school and people always scoffed at my dream of being a doctor. So its going to be revenge of the quasi-nerd when I show up to my ten year reunion with Orlando Bloom (or some other hot man) and my medical degree. Petty I know and in 6 years I probably won't care about going at all, but right now I can think of nothing sweeter.

I've almost reached ten years.. but not quite. My HS was small, and although it would be interesting to see how some people are doing, I doubt that there will be a strong showing of my class since the reunion this summer spans a thiry-year time frame. I'll be hanging out with folks that have children my age. :rolleyes: (not that there is anything wrong with that). One of my friends just wants me to go b/c she's ready to show off her husband... :laugh:

I did not go to mine. All the friends that I had in school, that I cared about, are still in contact. The HS is in Hawaii?. I didn?t have the funds anyway (sour grapes)?

I?d like to go to a 15 or 20 year?. maybe I?ll have the money then. I want to go to reminisce not to rub anything in someone?s face?I don?t even remember the people that I didn?t like anymore. Everyone loved me anyway?

SoulRFlare said:
which reunion is it for you? I have my 10th coming up (2005 sometime), and its strange that I will just be starting down my career path, while other ppl will be well established. Not that I'll likely have time to go during 2nd year--even if it is in the summer, I plan to have some research job or other. Interestingly enough, one of my classmates just graduated from the med school I'm going to next year and will be starting her pgy3.

yeah 10 years for me too and I hear ya - honestly - anyone I cared about then I still have in my life to this day - and the rest - well I can guess what they're up to and I really can't be bothered.

Swiper said:
I'm going to my 10-yr this summer, kind of looking forward to it. I've really only kept in touch with two or three folks, but I think it'll be fun to find out what others have been up to. If nothing else, it'll be nice to get back to my ****-town hometown and see my parents for a few days.

LOL! You know I threw that in there just for you.

gschl1234 said:
In a way, I'd like to go to my HS reunion. I knew quite a few people in HS who wanted to be physcians and it would be good to network with these people (if they went through with it). I'd like to have acquaintances who've gone to different med schools from mine so that we can share information and be a part of a support system. On the other hand, our senior class president was very flakey and I have a feeling that he's never going to get it together enough for us to have a reunion ever. Oh well :(

No worries girl, I'm gonna be part of your support system now!

celticmists18 said:
ISo its going to be revenge of the quasi-nerd when I show up to my ten year reunion with Orlando Bloom....

uh, not so fast.... :mad:

me too - I think people thought I was a dumb flake in high school - so it would be interesting to see people's faces when I tell them how far I've come.

My high school was soooooooooooooooooo clique-ish. There's no point in me attending my tenth year reunion (we don't have the silly five year reunion) since I've kept in touch with everyone I care to keep in touch with. If I want to know what someone else is up to, I can easily find out from someone else or call them, since I get updated phone lists once a year.

My sis went to her 10-year reunion (same high school) and said it was stupid since the cliques were still prominent and no one talked to someone outside their clique.

Besides half my class (652 class size) are on drugs, in drug rehab, or in jail by now. Maybe I could get some crazy wacked out stories if I do go then...decisions decisions.

Brickhouse said:
No worries girl, I'm gonna be part of your support system now!
Hey thanks and right back at you! I'm looking forward to meeting you (and eveyrone else in our class) in August! :)