Who didn't use the MSAR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darksmurf

I'm the boy smurf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you use it or not?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started a "What schools should I apply to with my stats?" thread. Everyone should try that!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't use it because I heard it's not as beneficial for those with graduate degrees...

Nope. I used a composite of some Princeton Review Guide to schools book I got freshman year, and the current USNews info, and the school's websites.

I found that the stats are really screwed up. All of the Avg. MCAT/Avg. GPA are of accepted students... not Matriculated students.

ie: NYU is listed as an avg MCAT of 35, yet on their own website they say their avg. is a 32.

Don't buy this book, it is of very little help!

i used it as a guide since im not the traditional applicant but regardless, you should never just use one source...

I didn't use it. I looked up various schools I was interested in online. Also used USnews. I didn't apply to many schools though since I wanted to stay in-state.

didn't use it, either. actually, i didn't know it existed until recently. i had a 2005 book from princeton review or something like that that my roommate gave me last year.