Quantcast

Who do you ask to look over the dozens of secondary essays we have to write?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gabujabu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I've had a bunch of people look over my primary essay when I submitted it in June. However, I can't ask them to look over my many secondary essays, as they would be overwhelmed and, more than likely, bored to tears! :oops: What is everybody else doing? The writing center at my school is closed over the summer.

BuckerPark

Float on...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had Leahmaria's mom look at mine too.

Gabujabu said:
I've had a bunch of people look over my primary essay when I submitted it in June. However, I can't ask them to look over my many secondary essays, as they would be overwhelmed and, more than likely, bored to tears! :oops: What is everybody else doing? The writing center at my school is closed over the summer.

swim2md

Ni.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I send all of mine to my aunt who is an english professor. :)

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i usually dont really send the to anyone. after my PS experience, ive become good in learning to write. Most secondary questions are usually thigns like why do you want to go to our school, etc, etc. so I dont really bother much with how it sounds, as much as what i say. Ill be glad to look over other peoples secondaries though

Gabujabu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I am planning on having my parents look at them. The only problem is that they seem to think that everything I write is good, so I think I'd need someone a little more critical.

HairyCow

Sweeping the Nation
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm letting my parents look over mine. They can't read English, so I'm hoping they'll tell me it's great and boost my self esteem.

Reactions: 1 user

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have anyone proof them. It's probably a good idea to have someone to do so, but I ran out of proofing chits with my primary.

yobynaes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
BuckerPark said:
I had Leahmaria's mom look at mine too.

yeah, besides Leahmaria's mom, i also send mine around to all my close friends. They are quite critical.

Z

zimmie256

Offer to take your friends out and buy the first round of drinks if they'll read the essays for one school each... Nothing like a good bribe... ;)

By the way, I'll work for drinks...