Who do you ask to look over the dozens of secondary essays we have to write?

Gabujabu

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
CA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I've had a bunch of people look over my primary essay when I submitted it in June. However, I can't ask them to look over my many secondary essays, as they would be overwhelmed and, more than likely, bored to tears! :oops: What is everybody else doing? The writing center at my school is closed over the summer.

BuckerPark

Float on...
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
I had Leahmaria's mom look at mine too.

Gabujabu said:
I've had a bunch of people look over my primary essay when I submitted it in June. However, I can't ask them to look over my many secondary essays, as they would be overwhelmed and, more than likely, bored to tears! :oops: What is everybody else doing? The writing center at my school is closed over the summer.

About the Ads

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
i usually dont really send the to anyone. after my PS experience, ive become good in learning to write. Most secondary questions are usually thigns like why do you want to go to our school, etc, etc. so I dont really bother much with how it sounds, as much as what i say. Ill be glad to look over other peoples secondaries though

OP
Gabujabu

Gabujabu

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
CA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hmm, I am planning on having my parents look at them. The only problem is that they seem to think that everything I write is good, so I think I'd need someone a little more critical.

HairyCow

Sweeping the Nation
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm letting my parents look over mine. They can't read English, so I'm hoping they'll tell me it's great and boost my self esteem.

Reactions: strictlyanon

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I don't have anyone proof them. It's probably a good idea to have someone to do so, but I ran out of proofing chits with my primary.

yobynaes

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Seattle
Status
Attending Physician
BuckerPark said:
I had Leahmaria's mom look at mine too.
yeah, besides Leahmaria's mom, i also send mine around to all my close friends. They are quite critical.

Z

zimmie256

Offer to take your friends out and buy the first round of drinks if they'll read the essays for one school each... Nothing like a good bribe... ;)

By the way, I'll work for drinks...

About the Ads