Who Do You Think is the Most Incompetent School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farantino

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
let me start off by saying that I don't mean to offend any particular school or anyone who might be a part of that dental school, but I'm sure that after dealing with the whole no secretary to be reached and no one to answer your questions, it's tough not to draw judgements on why the heck are these schools treating their prospective students so bad!
My top 3 has to be:
1-Howard: I have called 3 times last year, everytime a lady picked up and told me that the person who can give me an update on the status is gone right now. She took down my information and number and I never received a call back!
2-Nova: There is no sense in sending emails or leaving phone messages, you won't get a response. I tried so many times and have left my number on the machine more than 5 times over the period of a month. I'm still waiting to hear from them!
3-Boston University-They don't give you your status on the phone and they won't email you! What if a top student never receives their supposedly mailed out invitation? that happened to me!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe they're not responding to you on purpose...

let me start off by saying that I don't mean to offend any particular school or anyone who might be a part of that dental school, but I'm sure that after dealing with the whole no secretary to be reached and no one to answer your questions, it's tough not to draw judgements on why the heck are these schools treating their prospective students so bad!
My top 3 has to be:
1-Howard: I have called 3 times last year, everytime a lady picked up and told me that the person who can give me an update on the status is gone right now. She took down my information and number and I never received a call back!
2-Nova: There is no sense in sending emails or leaving phone messages, you won't get a response. I tried so many times and have left my number on the machine more than 5 times over the period of a month. I'm still waiting to hear from them!
3-Boston University-They don't give you your status on the phone and they won't email you! What if a top student never receives their supposedly mailed out invitation? that happened to me!

How do you know that happened to you if you never received it and they won't give you your status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools specifically ask you not to contact them...5 calls each from 2k applicants would be 10k calls and require atleast 2k return calls...that is a bit much for an office to handle.

It is early yet, Boston responds late as does Tufts...

Relax...and stop bothering admissions offices or they will probably just toss your application in the garbage and move on...if you bug the s&$% out of them before you get into the school, they may think you will be even worse when you get there

I called Nova today to confirm that I could attend my interview date, and the lady I spoke with was more than accomodating. She even asked if I had any questions about the process for her.

Hands down Colorado is the most incompetent. They told me I hadn't completed my Biology pre-reqs even though I majored in Biology from the University of Colorado.

Hands down Colorado is the most incompetent. They told me I hadn't completed my Biology pre-reqs even though I majored in Biology from the University of Colorado.

lol, that sucks

What biology classes did you take as an undergrad?
Did you take those classes under P/F track?

I am just worried because I applied to Colorado and I don't want to have to retake all bio classes :(

No, I didn't take any bio classes pass/fail. Some of the classes I took include:
-Genetics
-Evolutionary bio
-Cell phys
-Animal phys
-Micro
-Immunology
-Endocrinology
-Herpetology

Those are a few. Their argument was that I never took a Gen Bio class. They were the only school of all that I applied to that I had to convince to accept these others instead of Gen Bio.

The rejection email I got from them last cycle said "NO THANK YOU" in the subject line. How's that for incompetent...not to mention unprofessional?

No, I didn't take any bio classes pass/fail. Some of the classes I took include:
-Genetics
-Evolutionary bio
-Cell phys
-Animal phys
-Micro
-Immunology
-Endocrinology
-Herpetology

Those are a few. Their argument was that I never took a Gen Bio class. They were the only school of all that I applied to that I had to convince to accept these others instead of Gen Bio.

That's weird. I didn't take any genereal biology class, but CU told me that my biology requirement was met. Hmmm.

Thats so weird about Howard, I actually just called them, and they were so nice and accommodating. Like you said the lady said that the person wasn't in, but then she gave the me the person's information and I did receive a call back immediately. I don't know about the others though... good luck!