Who doesn't have the UCLA secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Milhouse Van Houten, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member

I used the status check, and it says they received my primary on august 22nd. yet, there is no link to a secondary and i have heard nothing from the school. is anyone else in the same boat? thank you.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    They havn't even told me I exist yet. I'll probably call them soon.

4. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member

Petros: They have my primary app and my letters of rec...no secondary yet

5. cali79

cali79 Member

My status is the same.

It says primary received 8/22 and nothing else. I called them and they just said they are behind.

6. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Add me to the list. I have 8/22 and that's it.

Andrew

7. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member

Hey D.J., did you ask them if it was OK to send your letters of recommendation? Both UCLA and UCSF make it clear to NOT send them letters of rec until they tell you to do so. UCSF will shred you letters if you send them without their request, I'm not sure if UCLA is so BOLD to dump the letters in the trash, but I would check with them as soon as you get a secondary from UCLA, in case you'll need to re-send.

8. Drako

Drako Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Add me to the list of 8/22 UC application received, but no secondary request. They don't have my LOR's either because I don't want them to be shreaded.

9. Supafly MD

Supafly MD Senior Member

I received a letter from UCLA advising me to complete the secondary online. I went to the website but only could find an AMCAS-looking primary application. Where's the secondary?

10. JenniferC15

JenniferC15 Member

I also got the same letter. To get to the secondary, go to the status check link. To get in (since I noticed you're canadian too), leave the SSN blank and just use your birthday and AMCAS#. The secondary isn't too bad....just 5 really short (800 characters) essays. Hope this helps!

11. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member

UCLA screens in a tier format. So the online thing only gives you a link to a secondary for some people. No worries, they accept lots of people of the next tiers. Of course, it still might be worth calling the office to see if anything is missing in your app. Good luck!

12. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member

It doesn't feel nice that UCLA SOM doesn't think I worthy to get a secondary up till now. I litterally submitted two days after they made their application available.

13. lilninja

lilninja Senior Member

About sending rec letters to the UCs... if you have not gotten a secondary, I don't think they file them. When I got the UCSD secondary, it said something like: If you have sent your letters prior to receiving this application, you will need to resubmit them.
    In my opinion, you should not send anything until the school requests them - no need to tie them up any more than they have to be. It'll save you from having to re-send them again.

14. Supafly MD

Supafly MD Senior Member

I received a letter from UCLA inviting me to complete the secondary. But, when I go to the status check, the search can NOT locate my file!!! What's going on? Does anyone know whether the problem might be the last 4 digits of my Canadian Social Insurance Number?!

Let me know!!

15. JenniferC15

JenniferC15 Member

Leave it blank...I had the same problem, and then I left that field blank and I got in.