Who doesn't like summer? Any plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddstobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are going to take or retake the DAT over the summer, what else are you all planning to do btw now to fall? Some say humanitarian trips, more research experience, dental experience, summer classes, make $$$, anything else that you guys can think of? Any sugguestions or comments are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who are going to take or retake the DAT over the summer, what else are you all planning to do btw now to fall? Some say humanitarian trips, more research experience, dental experience, summer classes, make $$$, anything else that you guys can think of? Any sugguestions or comments are welcome.

I wanted to click on this thread with something pleasant to say, but unfortunately like many others on SDN I'm going to be taking classes over the summer (Orgo I, II and Biochem I specifically), which will leave me unable to make any decent money. On the upside, I have an internship at a Harvard teaching hospital assisting an OMFS which I'm really excited about! And I'm getting my skydiving license! Things aren't so bad after all...

microbio, orgo lab 2 and working as dental technician at prosthetics lab in town

Members don't see this ad :)
3 camping trips, summerfest, brewing beer, having fun with my family. Taking one big giant breath before I start D1.

I wanted to click on this thread with something pleasant to say, but unfortunately like many others on SDN I'm going to be taking classes over the summer (Orgo I, II and Biochem I specifically), which will leave me unable to make any decent money. On the upside, I have an internship at a Harvard teaching hospital assisting an OMFS which I'm really excited about! And I'm getting my skydiving license! Things aren't so bad after all...

Seriously I love you avatar. It scares the hell out of me.

3 camping trips, summerfest, brewing beer, having fun with my family. Taking one big giant breath before I start D1.

I like your plan, I am going to drink a lot of beer. and go out to California a few time, and maybe go down to southwestern colorado and drink some more beer. you know before i leave.

I'm working until 10 days before dental school starts, and during my 9 days off I need to move all of my stuff and get my new house set up.

I wish I could afford to take a longer break.

I plan on attending a pre-dental summer program that helps prepare undergrads for the DAT, dental school admissions, etc. for about the whole month of June (3-29). As for July, I plan on relaxing, shadowing at a dental office, and working (maybe)...thought about taking a couple of classes but I think I deserve a break from school & anything school-related. :D

I plan on attending a pre-dental summer program that helps prepare undergrads for the DAT, dental school admissions, etc. for about the whole month of June (3-29). As for July, I plan on relaxing, shadowing at a dental office, and working (maybe)...thought about taking a couple of classes but I think I deserve a break from school & anything school-related. :D
What program? Where at?

What program? Where at?

It's called the MEDCORP Program at the University of MS Medical Center in Jackson, MS. I heard that it really helps...but I think that the deadline has passed to apply to it.

Here's a brief description:

Medical Cooperative Program (MEDCORP III & IV) – provides pre-junior and pre-senior college students with an intense, comprehensive program of study for the MCAT/DAT admission exams. Kaplan-trained instructors lead students though a course of study intended to reinforce students' knowledge of chemistry, physics, and biological sciences. A verbal reasoning section is also included. Students participate in clinical preceptorships with community and/ or UMC physicians designed to provide them with a meaningful health care professional shadowing experience.