who else hasn't sent in their deposit!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i havent made the decision yet and i'm not sure when i will...any suggestions? (UIC vs PENN)

jan 15th is right around the corner! aah

Members don't see this ad.

i havent made the decision yet and i'm not sure when i will...any suggestions? (UIC vs PENN)

Hey. I haven't been accepted to those schools (or anywhere) yet.... so I am not sure if this holds true.
But I read in other threads that some schools require it earlier than jan 15th even if its regularly stated that or you can lose your spot.

I don't know if you knew this already adn already checked it out but if you haven't maybe make sure its not actually jan 15th....

:)gluck

Ahh I'm in the same position! I'm trying to decide between Pitt, Penn, and UCLA. Jan 15th is coming fast and I still don't know where to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope... just sent in my deposit to Pittsburgh a couple of days ago!! I'm pretty excited, needless to say.

UIC deposit is $300, so if you really REALLY can't decide, send in both. $300 is a small price to pay if it may change the rest of your life.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I can't decide between Penn and Tufts and have no idea how I will reach a decision :shrug:

Nope... just sent in my deposit to Pittsburgh a couple of days ago!! I'm pretty excited, needless to say.

I thought you were definitely going to UNC. What changed your mind?
No complaints though. Just better chances for me. :laugh:thanks!

I haven't either. I need to pay UF $200
(not that much some may say :D)

Okay I know the title was "who HASN'T sent in deposit" but ... man, that $1000 I sent NJDS ... that was the single largest check I have ever written in my life. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to save up enough in time, but by the skin of my teeth I did. Hopefully I'll be able to make the second $1000 by May. (I work full time but have other bills to pay too, so 1 grand isn't just easy to part with.) But at least it'll feel good to have $2000 of tuition already paid when I start school in August.

Okay I know the title was "who HASN'T sent in deposit" but ... man, that $1000 I sent NJDS ... that was the single largest check I have ever written in my life. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to save up enough in time, but by the skin of my teeth I did. Hopefully I'll be able to make the second $1000 by May. (I work full time but have other bills to pay too, so 1 grand isn't just easy to part with.) But at least it'll feel good to have $2000 of tuition already paid when I start school in August.

Congrats! I like the skin of the tooth joke.

so a question: does the deposit need to be sent by 14th? or the school needs to receive it by 14th?

The schools office of admissions I think??? needs to ahve it received and processed by that date. You have to send your deposit in by like January 8-9 for them to getb your deposit on time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same position. Can't decide. Temple or NYU. please give your input. Thanks

UIC deposit is $300, so if you really REALLY can't decide, send in both. $300 is a small price to pay if it may change the rest of your life.

ak47, i think somethin+ made a good point. IDK how much penn's deposit is, but putting $300 down on UIC (very moderate compared to other schools) and putting the deposit on penn also might be your best bet. Then just keep talkin to friends and family next semester, and then decide. The last thing you want dude is if you're too late sending in a deposit, and then God forbid you lose your spot (after 4 years of hard work!!!) :eek::eek:

I still can't decide ...

I am in the same position. Can't decide. Temple or NYU. please give your input. Thanks

temple just cuz brian hahn was flippin' adorable!

quick question: i sent in a deposit to maryland 1/9/09 and the deadline is tomorrow the 15th. does anyone know if they update as soon as they receive the check? should i call them tomorrow to make sure that they get it? i just don't want them to get it a day late and end up rescinding their offer tomorrow or something... any advice?

Call yo

yup just give them a call. i called on monday to check on the school i deposited to and the admin coordinator seemed to have the list right by her side cause like 5 seconds after i told her my name she said i'm on the list she has.

quick question: i sent in a deposit to maryland 1/9/09 and the deadline is tomorrow the 15th. does anyone know if they update as soon as they receive the check? should i call them tomorrow to make sure that they get it? i just don't want them to get it a day late and end up rescinding their offer tomorrow or something... any advice?

i called today to ask about my deposit at UMaryland (I RAN it there last friday). i spoke with a nice lady whose name i now forget but she assured me my name was on "the list". she said the reason that it hasnt posted in my bank acct is becasue there is some time to process it; the check goes thru the central um-balt cashier office. i would call just to double check, it wont hurt and you will sleep much better! i know i did!:D