who else is doing this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zurned

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, at every interview I've been to, they supply a folder with pamphlets that tell about the school and how great it is. Now, because I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, I've decided that I'm not even gonna read ANYTHING in those folders until I've been accepted into the school. I think that if i read it and I love the school even more, I would just be super disappointed if i get rejected. Anyone else that haven't touched the folder contents yet till acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep!

I skim through the contents briefly to find out if there are things I should do to follow up with the school, and then I throw the folder onto my stack of other folders...to be read through if I'm accepted.

I'd call it efficient time management, wouldn't you?

sounds like a plan... i caught myself looking at a few match lists earlier... so premature. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
zurned said:
So, at every interview I've been to, they supply a folder with pamphlets that tell about the school and how great it is. Now, because I haven't been accepted anywhere yet, I've decided that I'm not even gonna read ANYTHING in those folders until I've been accepted into the school. I think that if i read it and I love the school even more, I would just be super disappointed if i get rejected. Anyone else that haven't touched the folder contents yet till acceptance?

I do the exact same thing. I try to avoid reading anything about the school post-interview until I have an acceptance letter.

yep, i did that with Pitt, and I fell in love with the school even more. big mistake, as i'm now on the waitlist!

How else Am I gonna get all nerovous ans outta control if I don't read the pamphlets? :laugh:

Seriously this is a good idea. It might save a few pre-meds a few ulcers.

bo051103.gif

Yes!! I'm not alone. I've been telling my SO about that. It's not that I don't care, I just don't want to invest time learning about how great they are and not get in, or how crappy the curriculum is and then get in.

I pretty much feel the same about the tour. In the end, I don't think that the windows in the anatomy lab is going to seal the deal for me. I mean that is nice and eliminates the creepy feeling but in the end I'd rather do a comparison after I have been accepted.

I wish schools would conduct phone interviews and then if you get in, only then give you a tour and sell themselves to the accepted applicant. I would certainly pay attention and ask more questions.

I'm trying to avoid doing too much research on the schools. I looked at my top choice school stuff a lot, and now I'm going to be devastated if I don't get in there. So, I'm not making the same mistake. No forming emotional attachments to schools that may or may not want me!