Who else is worrying about unmatching?

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Poety, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just want to see how many others out there are scared they won't match too. Or, will match at their last choice :eek: It seems we were all worried about getting interviews, and now that they're rolling - its scary to think we could go through all this then not match at all :scared: I need clonazepam for my anxiety, and ambien for sleep or something :oops:

How is everyone else feeling? MOSCHE?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OldPsychDoc

OldPsychDoc Senior Curmudgeon
    Physician Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Alright, ENOUGH, all of you! You are (about to be) American medical graduates with stable vital signs and no felony convictions. You WILL MATCH someplace in psychiatry. I guarantee it. (As long as you go through the process and actually rank a few places, that is.)

Poety--worry about that cute kid of yours, not about matching.
    Mosche--worry about that hangover.

Now get out there and ENJOY being 4th year med students on the interview trail--there's nothing better! That's an order!!!!

4. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :horns: :eek: Ok, ok we will be good childrens (said in chef's voice) from now on :D

And I have an announcement +pad+ My daughter ate her first two spoons of cereal today!!!! :clap:

Thanks for the encouragement OLDPSYCHDOC :)

5. mosche

mosche Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Congrats on the solid food! :thumbup:

As for NOT matching, I wasn't worried before; however Oldpsychdoc brought up the whole criminal backround points. Does anyone know if they actually contact your high school to see your "Permanent record". In ninth grade, I was busted for chewing gum in Sister Kathryns World History class. The bad thing is, I lied. It earned me three swats with the paddle, and I was told that it would be on my permanent record. Now, I'm worried. Does this mean that I can never fulfil my lifelong dream of being a doctor; if so, what can I do with an M.D. degree without completing a residency.

HELP!

Disclaimer: To avoid any confusion, I feel that I need to state for the record "I'm not Catholic!" :laugh: :laugh:

6. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's a good thing yer not catholic or else you'd burn for that post +pad+

are we feeling better yet? :p

7. OldPsychDoc

Attending Physician
    Ditto--PsychDocClone#4 is now on three (loudly demanded and equally loudly relished) solid meals a day. Did you know Gerbers now makes a disgustingly pureed spinach lasagna?
    Unfortunately PsychDocClone#1 now eats ALL :eek: of OldPsychDoc's frozen pizza before OldPsychDoc even gets home from the office. PsychDocClone#2 and #3 are content with chicken nuggets and fries 14 times a week...

It will be on your Eternal Record, but even there does not count as a felony.

I'm guessing...sitcom writer? :D

8. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No, if Mosche doesn't get to be a psychiatrist, he's going for the national title of spelling bee champ :p he's practicing now:

It's not wikpedia, its wikIpedia

9. Hurricane

Hurricane Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am unmatching right now. Truly, I am fashion-impaired. But the psych attendings are always so well-dressed, they must teach this skill in residency, right?

;)

10. mosche

mosche Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Sitcom writers have to be good spellers, too.

I do have a great idea for a sitcom: the plot revolves around these really pretty people, who always have problems with their respective love lives. They'll live in a really hip area of New York or L.A., have really cool jobs, and drive really nice cars. And what will make it really interesting will be that one of them had a REALLY hard life -- his/her parents were DIVORCED, and yet he/she managed to survive. What do ya' think?

11. OldPsychDoc

Attending Physician
    Will one them be a conscientious, yet irreverent, young doctor, who is often in trouble with his/her superiors for challenging the status quo? And who often finds him/herself in humorous medical situations? And can there be an older mentor figure with a gruff demeanor, but a heart of gold?

12. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    YEAH YEAH THATS IT !!! We can base the characters off of Mosche, Poety and OldPsychDoc and Sazi too - it'll be great. Can I play myself?

13. mosche

mosche Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Everyone can be included -- even Hurricane ,Nortomoso and Miklos. Doc4daze, you can be the hot new hunk/chik who joins the cast and makes all the other hunks/chiks jealous. However, I'm certain that Oldpsychdoc will develop a "Hollywood attitude"(just look at his avatar), and then SDN will be nothing more than a gossip rag! I forsee a VH-1 Behind the Camera segment.

Atsai, your interview reviews were amazing. You can be a script supervisor! Solideliquid, with that name, you can help inject the scripts with the necessary irony that sitcom viewers have come to expect from quality T.V..

BTW, welcome to psych. Doc4daze! You'll find the posts here contain fewer references to "poo" than those in the path. forums!

14. Hurricane

Hurricane Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I demand $1 million an episode. :cool:

If it's good enough for Jennifer Aniston, it's good enough for me.

15. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hurricane can command that kinda money cuz shes got style too - I know I've seen her purse ;) :p

16. Anasazi23

Anasazi23 Your Digital Ruler
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You're making me even more paranoid than I already am.
    :scared:

17. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

+pad+ Who exactly am I in this sitcom? I matter you know, I'm a real person too, I deserve a big role. :oops: Don't I? +pity+

Sazi is the ever knowing resident that can pull odd quotes out of his hat, and hes like totally into space envaders so thats how he gets in trouble with his superiors all the time - he's playing it on his palm pilot nonstop :scared:

Mosche, he's the slacker drunk that gets like all the good grades and is REALLy good, so everyone just thinks hes great - no one knows hes really stuck in the 80's and a die hard def leppard/slayer and KiSS fan :horns:

OldPsychDoc looks like his Avatar - and talks like him too, but sometimes he acts a lot like Gandalf and goes around calling his residents "Bilbo"

Hurricane is that psych lady type from Scrubs that wears all those nice clothes and smells good - Shes got all the men chasing her, including Doc4Daze whos trying to get some :love:

18. OldPsychDoc

Attending Physician
    I do feel that old...

19. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

STOP IT YOU ARE NOT OLD OPD - you're an eternal *force* here in the world of SDN land :) You're our mentor ya know, like Yoda :D

20. OldPsychDoc

Attending Physician
    "When nine hundred years old YOU reach, look as good YOU will not, hmm?"

21. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh that was GREAT OPD!

Have you ever noticed how far off topic our threads go? I would be afraid of psych if I came in here to look and didn't know what was going on - I'd be like, ok these people ARE nuts ;)

All in a days work for those that are interviewing and bored I suppose - and those with important jobs like teaching the med students :) Oh, and those that are interns ofcourse (Sazi) ;)

22. Hurricane

Hurricane Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Too bad for all those guys, because I've got a computer geek of a husband who would probably write some evil virus in retaliation, commanding the medi-robots that roam the hospital at night to rise up and smite anyone who dares lay a hand on his woman. :smuggrin:

23. mosche

mosche Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Computer geeks rock! I can barely navigate the internet.

24. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You can sure navigate around here though can't ya?

25. mosche

mosche Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Look at how long I've been a member, and I'm still short of 500 posts!

26. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    why aren't you watching martha stewart?