1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

who got acceptance from Marquette

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mailis, Dec 5, 2005.

1. mailis

mailis Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, just got an acceptance letter from marquette. Excited, but don't know much about the school and I didn't interview. Anybody out there in similar situation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mccarth2

mccarth2 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Are you from WI?

4. hedge

hedge New Member

Podiatry Student
    How many people are put on hold and how many rounds of are there for admissions in the cycle

5. mailis

mailis Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

No, I'm from out of state. wanted to find out more about the school.

6. ltb

ltb Member
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    wow, that's cool. when did you apply? and what are your stats?

7. savvysearch

savvysearch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Marquette doesn't interview?

8. vipergts66

vipergts66 Member
    7+ Year Member

i got a "HOLD" letter from them on 12/3. i'm from austin, TX. no interview from them yet.

9. tiny2533

tiny2533 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yes Marquette interviews. I got an interview there but I am out of state so maybe they only interview out of state applicants.

10. Wayawa

Wayawa Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ya I got one. I'm in. There a few things they didn't clarify very well while I was there, and if anyone knows about these could please elaborate:

1) The didactic classrooms for D1 and D2 are NOT in the dental building. They are SOMEWHERE else. They were very sneaky about where and did NOT let us see them. So are they horrible and old? or are they ok?

2) What is the deal with housing. I have a wife and family and the dorm thing is n't gonna work out. They gave no speach at all about housing on or off campus, and I was wondering if anyone knows about where families can live safely/cheaply? I have also heard some rumors about subsidized housing, so that for single? or Married? or both?

3) This was the ONLY school I went to that didn't have a financial aid speach at all! So do they make an allowance for a family? Do they make the budget based on a single person sharing a room? How do they set up the budget?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because right now this is the top of my list but these issues could be deal breakers for me if not handled correctly.

11. OnTheCusp

OnTheCusp Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    1) I think many of the D1 and D2 classes are in a building across the street from the dental school. Our tour guide said the bldg was being remodeled, so we didn't take a look at them, but he said they pretty much looked like normal classrooms.

2) There is no "on campus" housing owned by Marquette, however there are lots of private apartments literally right across the street where many students live. Our tour guide said that if you become a WI resident and are married with children, then you can get nice subsidized housing about a 20-30 min drive from campus.

3) Not sure--I would call the financial aid advisor and ask.