who got acceptance from Marquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mailis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just got an acceptance letter from marquette. Excited, but don't know much about the school and I didn't interview. Anybody out there in similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you from WI?

How many people are put on hold and how many rounds of are there for admissions in the cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I'm from out of state. wanted to find out more about the school.

Marquette doesn't interview?

i got a "HOLD" letter from them on 12/3. i'm from austin, TX. no interview from them yet.

savvysearch said:
Marquette doesn't interview?

Yes Marquette interviews. I got an interview there but I am out of state so maybe they only interview out of state applicants.

Ya I got one. I'm in. There a few things they didn't clarify very well while I was there, and if anyone knows about these could please elaborate:

1) The didactic classrooms for D1 and D2 are NOT in the dental building. They are SOMEWHERE else. They were very sneaky about where and did NOT let us see them. So are they horrible and old? or are they ok?

2) What is the deal with housing. I have a wife and family and the dorm thing is n't gonna work out. They gave no speach at all about housing on or off campus, and I was wondering if anyone knows about where families can live safely/cheaply? I have also heard some rumors about subsidized housing, so that for single? or Married? or both?

3) This was the ONLY school I went to that didn't have a financial aid speach at all! So do they make an allowance for a family? Do they make the budget based on a single person sharing a room? How do they set up the budget?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because right now this is the top of my list but these issues could be deal breakers for me if not handled correctly.

Wayawa said:
Ya I got one. I'm in. There a few things they didn't clarify very well while I was there, and if anyone knows about these could please elaborate:

1) The didactic classrooms for D1 and D2 are NOT in the dental building. They are SOMEWHERE else. They were very sneaky about where and did NOT let us see them. So are they horrible and old? or are they ok?

2) What is the deal with housing. I have a wife and family and the dorm thing is n't gonna work out. They gave no speach at all about housing on or off campus, and I was wondering if anyone knows about where families can live safely/cheaply? I have also heard some rumors about subsidized housing, so that for single? or Married? or both?

3) This was the ONLY school I went to that didn't have a financial aid speach at all! So do they make an allowance for a family? Do they make the budget based on a single person sharing a room? How do they set up the budget?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because right now this is the top of my list but these issues could be deal breakers for me if not handled correctly.
1) I think many of the D1 and D2 classes are in a building across the street from the dental school. Our tour guide said the bldg was being remodeled, so we didn't take a look at them, but he said they pretty much looked like normal classrooms.

2) There is no "on campus" housing owned by Marquette, however there are lots of private apartments literally right across the street where many students live. Our tour guide said that if you become a WI resident and are married with children, then you can get nice subsidized housing about a 20-30 min drive from campus.

3) Not sure--I would call the financial aid advisor and ask.