Who got accepted from the 3.0 or under club?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexanMedicRN

EMT-Paramedic
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious to who all got accepted and where. At the moment I am in this club but have two more years to go. I calculated my GPA per AADSAS rules and I am at a 2.7 cGPA. I am at a 2.97 at school, but they drop the lower grade if a class is repeated. You guys and gals give me hope! Congrats and good luck!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sub-3.0 in science...several F's and D's and Withdrawals during 1st two years of undergrad. Last 2 years, I had many A's, B's in upper level engineering classes. Did a post-bac with a 3.7 gpa (including a C in orgo 1).

Keep the hope, but start getting A's and be consistent from here on out! If you show a positive trend then D-schools will be forgiving. Also, you're going to have to KILL the DAT!

Good luck!

My BCP is a 2.97. ONE stupid F and 8 units worth of Cs from a community college back when I was still in high school. They dropped my BCP GPA from a 3.3 down to a 2.97.

Members don't see this ad :)
2.97 for both sGPA and cGPA for me and I got into 2 schools with zero post-bac work. Rock the DAT and apply early.

hey texan, your school might drop the grade if you take it again, but im pretty sure AADSAS doesn't. they're not so forgiving if i remember correctly. either way i am/was in the same boat as you guys. trying to get out of the hole i dug for myself during undergrad haha.

I am not in that situation, but my advice would be simply this: work as hard as you can the next two years because an increasing trend will look very good, and as said, you really gotta go well on the DAT and apply as early as possible. Study hard and you can definitely make it.

2.97 for both sGPA and cGPA for me and I got into 2 schools with zero post-bac work. Rock the DAT and apply early.
Man thats awesome. I have been watching your status and congrats goes to you. You and I are in the same boat as messing up and having to redeem ourselves. Congrats on getting in man!

hey texan, your school might drop the grade if you take it again, but im pretty sure AADSAS doesn't.
Yeah that is why the GPA I calculated using AADSAS rules is lower. Kinda sucks but just means I have to work harder!

I am not in that situation, but my advice would be simply this: work as hard as you can the next two years because an increasing trend will look very good, and as said, you really gotta go well on the DAT and apply as early as possible. Study hard and you can definitely make it.
That is my plan. I am 26 years old and have finally realized "what I want to be when I grow up." My first 39 hours netted me a 1.82 GPA. I took a five year break from school and started working as a Paramedic. I realized that I wanted more with my life and started back in school. I have completed 50 hours(after this semester) with a 3.6 GPA. I retook some courses that I did horrible in. I am much more mature than I was when I first started college. I am not intoxicated daily either lol. I hope to finish it out kicking butt and attempting to get my GPA as high as possible. Gbrando gives me hope. :thumbup:

Texan-
Thanks man, glad I could give you hope cuz I've spent the last ~4 years trying to find some hope for myself. Our cases do sound really similar, except my first ~35 hours were actually lower than yours haha. If you keep the grades up, apply early, and nail the DAT, I would be willing to bet money that you'll be in. If I've learned anything from applying, it is that schools are willing to forget about your freshman coursework as long as you give them a reason to believe that you are a whole new person and prepared for D school. Good luck

That is my plan. I am 26 years old and have finally realized "what I want to be when I grow up." My first 39 hours netted me a 1.82 GPA. I took a five year break from school and started working as a Paramedic. I realized that I wanted more with my life and started back in school. I have completed 50 hours(after this semester) with a 3.6 GPA. I retook some courses that I did horrible in. I am much more mature than I was when I first started college. I am not intoxicated daily either lol. I hope to finish it out kicking butt and attempting to get my GPA as high as possible. Gbrando gives me hope. :thumbup:
Knowing your personal situation, I think you're fine. It is even better than perhaps just a random pre-dent student who did horrible for 2 years and started picking it up. You had a rough time, were confused about your future, but then figured it out and started doing things right. If nothing else, it shows growth and maturity IMO. Unfortunately, I won't be interviewing you :), so it will depend on how they see, but I'd say you DEFINITELY have a shot, provided you do well on the DAT. Make sure you get all the good study materials for that.