Who got an interview/acceptance with a low Physics grade??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

inkysphinx

State your grade and where you got the interview/acceptance. How much do adcoms look at the Physics grade??

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by inkysphinx
State your grade and where you got the interview/acceptance. How much do adcoms look at the Physics grade??

This is not a helpful thread. You'll need to look at the whole package to really judge your competitiveness. If you're a good applicant, it is very doubtful that a 'C' in Physics will keep you from getting in.

1 or two C's won't kill you as long as you have a strong overall gpa and science gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had 6 C's in undergrad- and i guarantee you that i'll get in somewhere.
p

It's helpful to ME because I asked it. Point blank.

You don't have to be so hateful. Ophtho_MudPhud was just trying to give you some helpful advice but he needed some additional information. Remember, he has been there and done that so his advice is REALLY helpful. Ophtho I have been taking down some notes because your advice is inspirational and valuable.Keep on doing what you doing.:clap:

Originally posted by Raptor
You don't have to be so hateful. Ophtho_MudPhud was just trying to give you some helpful advice but he needed some additional information. Remember, he has been there and done that so his advice is REALLY helpful. Ophtho I have been taking down some notes because your advice is inspirational and valuable.Keep on doing what you doing.:clap:

Only relevant posts, please.

Why the deletion, DW? That was truly hilarious, but one of those 'egging on' examples, I suppose :p .

ophtho's pretty accurate, though. There are folks at Harvard with C's; and folks being rejected other places with nothing lower than a B+. It's the total package that counts. Don't sweat one area of weakness too much - we've all got 'em.

my motorola timeport's antenna broke. i got a replacement one from the mall of america. i emailed sprint pcs to get an official replacement. they just emailed me to call them back. so i had to dig for my old broken antennae...it only took me 1/2 hour to dig it outta my messy desk.

there is still no heat in my room,its not that bad though cos i am wearing my winter coat and posting on SDN, its all good.

...and when I went outside, I realized I forgot to put on my shoes. It was raining! My feet got wet. I then pondered whether I should go back inside and put my shoes on or just continue on my way since my feet were already wet. I didn't know what to do, so I sat down to think about it. Then my a$$ got wet! I was really having a bad day. :p

Inkysphinx,

Great Job! Now I'm sure the people at SDN are really going to want to help you with future advice...

UCLA Paratrooper

I just bought a laser printer. I had gotten sick of the way that my HP inkjet would leave the text looking jagged and smudgy. So I went to Best Buy last night and got a Samsung laser printer - huge difference in print quality. And when I took it out of the box, my cats were happy because they love to play in empty cardboard boxes. Do you guys think cats have dreams? I'm pretty sure they do. They sleep so much that it would seem an awful waste of time not to have something going on in that cute little kitty cranium.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maggie D,

Weren't YOU the one who posted your transcript and the one whom most SDNers told to NOT even aply to medical school?

But seriously. although I've enjoyed the creative posts, please people, let's stop the madness and NOT be immature. . .

It's helpful to ME because I asked it.

Me too, with only a month left, it's not looking too good for physics:(

I got a B+ once in physics; I don't think it hurt too much.

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
I got a B+ once in physics; I don't think it hurt too much.
This belongs in the Affirmative Action thread....

i just got back from a bar after watching some of the NFL games today. I'm pretty buzzed right now. I'm happy the Eagles won, but a little dissappointed the bar's guinness tap was broken :( I'm getting slightly concerned abiut GW. They said a decision would get to my place by the first week of november. I guess patience is a virtue
pity.gif

Anyone watching Big 12 football?

ND lost!!! yeah!!!

nothing against ND...just that it will help my school rank to go up!!!

Maggie D,

Weren't YOU the one who posted your transcript and the one whom most SDNers told to NOT even aply to medical school?

But seriously. although I've enjoyed the creative posts, please people, let's stop the madness and NOT be immature. . .

Are you trying to get on people's bad side? Or are you just clueless about forum etiquette? The latter doesn't mean we've lost all hope in you. People can be trained. :)

We're here to have fun too, not just for business.

-RA

Maggie D,

Look who is being immature. Little boy inky, you have to treat people the same way you want to be treated. People in here are resourceful however you are being rude. Therefore they aren't going to take you serious.:p :oops:

Originally posted by Raptor
Look who is being immature. Little boy inky, you have to treat people the same way you want to be treated. People in here are resourceful however you are being rude. Therefore they aren't going to take you serious.:p :oops:
Ok we should give the guy(or girl) a break.Not everyone is on to the proper etiquette.
And inky if someone has been there,done that it's ok to take their advice.Really-it's not meant to offend.
I believe your original question was if a low grade in physics was a bad thing. I would venture to say that the 'whole package' is what matters.There is a wide range of applicants (and those accepted) who had less than "traditional" gpas.If you have nothing but C's across the board..well that's another story.I agree with Raptor-(OK little boy might have been a little harsh) but people in here know their stuff.
I doubt if anyone is intentionally trying to be rude-but remember-and this is my Grandma pointing her finger at you- the pendulum of courtesy swings both ways.:)

I got two BC's (UW is on the intermediate grading system. A BC is like a B- and C+ combined). So far I have 9 interview invites and one acceptance.

In my opion, no applicant should ever throw in the towel.

Cheers

Originally posted by DW
i just got back from a bar after watching some of the NFL games today. I'm pretty buzzed right now. I'm happy the Eagles won, but a little dissappointed the bar's guinness tap was broken :( I'm getting slightly concerned abiut GW. They said a decision would get to my place by the first week of november. I guess patience is a virtue
pity.gif

DW, you manwhore, it's Nov. 4. Patience, my friend. Patience. ;) :D