who got in from "under 3.0 club"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So did anyone from the under 3.0 Club get into dental school? Congrats!

Please list DAT and gpa/sci gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

As the Club CEO, I guess I'll start:

Then:
Undergrad Cumulative GPA: 2.4
Post-Bac: 3.3
1st DAT: 17/24 (AA/PAT)
2nd DAT: 20/23 (AA/PAT)
Accepted to: NYU, Temple and Nova

Now:
Attend: Nova
Dental Cumulative GPA: 3.54
NBDE Part 1: 90

Undergrad Cumulative GPA: 2.96
BCP GPA: 2.88
SCI GPA: 2.90
NON SCI GPA: 3.08
1st DAT: 19/18/21 (AA/PAT/sci)

Accepted to and will attend: IUSD

Members don't see this ad :)
He was doing very well in class and NBDE 1! How do I know?
The professors told me while I was interviewing at Nova.

Grettlin2:

Which professor was it? Maybe Yah-E needs to know so he can treat the professors to a nice dinner or something! :laugh:

I think I'm only half of the under 3.0 club....
Overall gpa 3.0
science 2.9
dat aa/pat/sci 21/16/20

I'm in at tufts :clap: and case, waitlisted at nova and upitt, still haven't heard back from Uof maryland and temple (hmmmm)
I declined interviews at 3 other schools
Does this help?
There's always hope!
I'd rather have my 3.0 and some great school memories and stories than a 4.0 and regret missing out while I was in college....

Originally posted by LITTLED
I'd rather have my 3.0 and some great school memories and stories than a 4.0 and regret missing out while I was in college....

you can have over a 3.0 and still have a good time!

There's got to be more members than this. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by blankguy
There's got to be more members than this. :rolleyes:

There are, there's a whole thread on this. Just do a search, you'll find more info to comfort you.

Originally posted by sxr71
There are, there's a whole thread on this. Just do a search, you'll find more info to comfort you.

Yea but that thread has a tendency of dropping down in this forum. Several pages down.

Originally posted by blankguy
Yea but that thread has a tendency of dropping down in this forum. Several pages down.

Sure but it has a lot more members with below 3.0 GPAs with a good number of success stories.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by The Musketeer
Grettlin2:

Which professor was it? Maybe Yah-E needs to know so he can treat the professors to a nice dinner or something! :laugh:

I forgot his name now, but I told Yah-E the dean's name. He knows the person that he should pay the dinner for. :laugh:
Wonderful experience and conversation in Nova.

17/19/15
2.7 science
3.0 cum
double major biology, chemistry

Sell the person not the packet!

Accepted
Maryland

I have a GPA of 2.82 from ChemEng and I'm interested in going to dental school. I'm planning to do a post-bacc for the prereq's that I still need (bio). Would I stand a fairly decent shot at some schools?

Thanks for any help :)

Do the best you can and kick butt in the class you'll take prior to applying. With your GPA, i would concentrate heavily on the DAT. Aim for the 20's. You definetly have a chance, just kick the DATs butt. Also look at the offical 3.0 and under thread, lots of tips and sucess stories can be found there. Good luck!

Undergrad Cumulative GPA: 2.87
BCP GPA: 3.36
SCI GPA: 2.73
NON SCI GPA: 3.30
1st DAT: 24/22/22 (AA/PAT/sci)

Accepted to and will attend: Loma Linda

Overall 2.7
Sci 2.9
Non-sci 2.4
BCP 3.3

DAT: TS/AA/PAT 24/21/19

Schools really look at the last few years of college. I screwed up royally the first year with 4-5 failing grades. I do not know why I was not kickout of school.

Accepted and will attend UDM

Originally posted by Thaxil
Overall 2.7
Sci 2.9
Non-sci 2.4
BCP 3.3

DAT: TS/AA/PAT 24/21/19

Schools really look at the last few years of college. I screwed up royally the first year with 4-5 failing grades. I do not know why I was not kickout of school.

Accepted and will attend UDM

This was some ten years ago. I flunked orgo(multiple times! like 3) and once in bio. Was put on probation and then asked to take a couple of years off to clear my head. I think my transcript will make whoever is looking at it wonder "what the heck was he thinking?"

I don't know how this play out for me since it was screwing up over an extended period of time. Also later on took some cosci courses(towards the end of my undergrad and beyond) that I didn't do too well after returning from my time off so I will have to explain to that. Gap between my new grades and the last of my lousy grades about 4 or 5 yrs.

Originally posted by woodbj2
17/19/15
2.7 science
3.0 cum
double major biology, chemistry

Sell the person not the packet!

Accepted
Maryland

wow thats really amazing. most would have sworn that you couldn't get in with a score of 15 (pat?)

the thing that people forget is that its not just your scores that get you in. sure it will be easier to get into dental scholl with good gpa/DAT but this thread proves that you will and can get in with lower stats. of course, there are some other factors that the adcoms take in consideration.

in your case, i am sure there were some other good things that helped you get in.

congratulations!

Have any "under 3.0" club member got a question in the interview about their blemished record or any other questions that you felt was influenced by the blemished record??

yes i was asked why is it that my stats improved a lot over the last 2 yrs and why they were so bad early on.

i told them the truth. i was immature, uncertain of what i wanted to do, and irresponsible.
after having my daughter in 2000 and deciding on dentistry soon after, helped me mature and grow more responsible and aware of what i wanted to do with my life.

trust me guys, adcoms love honesty and there is nothing wrong with telling them why you screwed up. moslt, all that matters is what have you done lately to show you are a better person now.

good luck to you all.

Under AADSAS:

BCP Gpa: 2.9
Cum Gpa: 3.1

DAT: 23/17 AA/Pat

Interview offers at Boston U, UoMaryland, Temple, Nyu, UMDNJ, Columbia.

Accepted to UMDNJ, NYU, and Columbia..and declined interviews at the first three schools in the list..