Who had the most unlikely acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vapor1122

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious: out of everyone here who has an acceptance, who had the lowest GPA/DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

My buddy had a 3.0 and a 17 and was accepted to Indiana. Not ****ting ya.

I have a friend with a 13 on RC and ~3.0 GPA and got into Buffalo.

But in all fairness, she had a lot of extracurriculars and is a wonderful person.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend with a 13 on RC and ~3.0 GPA and got into Buffalo.

But in all fairness, she had a lot of extracurriculars and is a wonderful person.

Buffalo? With those scores? Was she a minority student? Just curious. I was told that if you have under about a 3.1, you have to get over 20 on the DAT as a general rule.

I think it's funny that stats alone make for an unlikely acceptance. If someone with a 13 RC started a free dental clinic in Zimbabwe, they wouldn't be an unlikely candidate in my book.

I think it's funny that stats alone make for an unlikely acceptance. If someone with a 13 RC started a free dental clinic in Zimbabwe, they wouldn't be an unlikely candidate in my book.

I understand that... which is why I mentioned that she had amazing extracurriculars and is a wonderful person.

But, when it comes to questions like these, what people are asking for are stats. It is an implicit stats question.

I understand what you mean, Fuji. And I apologize if I offended anybody. But please, also understand that I didn't mean to imply that she did not have the right to get in.

Buffalo? With those scores? Was she a minority student? Just curious. I was told that if you have under about a 3.1, you have to get over 20 on the DAT as a general rule.

No. She is Asian.

i know someone who got a 12 on the PAT and got in

A friend got into UIC with a 15 on QR.

I hope this is a joke. I didn't even get a look from UIC and I really wanted to go there...its only 20 minutes from home. Oh well, what's done is done:rolleyes:

I hope this is a joke. I didn't even get a look from UIC and I really wanted to go there...its only 20 minutes from home. Oh well, what's done is done:rolleyes:

It is reality. Sorry about the tough break. In the end, adcoms and AADSAS do whatever they need to do for whatever reasons they do it. I don't understand it but I'm grateful I got in and can go, even though my stats are solid. Nothing is automatic or predictable with admissions.

It is reality. Sorry about the tough break. In the end, adcoms and AADSAS do whatever they need to do for whatever reasons they do it. I don't understand it but I'm grateful I got in and can go, even though my stats are solid. Nothing is automatic or predictable with admissions.

such is life

About two years ago a friend of mine got into UPen with an academic average of 16 on the DAT. However she had a 3.9 gpa and other impressive credentials to go along. There are always exceptions to what admissions people will tell you.