Who has applied to obgyn??? any interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mailbuddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is someone getting interviews? What scores/credentials do you have. I'm planning on applying but late october cause I still am waiting for step 1 score and will take st2 november... running a bit late

Members don't see this ad.

i applied for ob for the 2004 match. i have one interview so far. I have average stats and am a US citizen IMG. My ERAS is not yet complete- I am still waiting on 2 LORs. If I had this to do over again, i would start collecting my LORs in May.

I submitted my CAF on 9/2, applied to my programs on 9/9, and my third LoR appeared last week (making my application complete). I was asked to interview in one place with only 2 LoRs received. I am also a US IMG, hit the US average on Step 1 and will take Step 2 next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have US clinical experience? Do you know if programs ask for USCE / which ones?? I graduated march 2003, also US IMG.

Yes. Although my school is in Mexico, I did my 4th year at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, and am now doing a year of 5th Pathway at Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle, NY. So I'll have had 2 years of US experience by the time I start residency, in addition to the three I spent in Guad.

Do you guys mind saying where you are interviewing? I've had my ERAS done for almost a month now and haven't heard anything! How soon before your interview date did they contact you? Were you contacted through ERAS?
Thanks!

I was contacted via e-mail (with a hard copy sent by snail mail) and they gave me the choice of a few dates in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan. The program is UNM. I was really surprised at how quickly I heard from them, especially since I didn't have all three LoRs uploaded (but the LoRs were assigned so the programs could see who the third writer is). I now check my e-mail with bated breath, hoping to find another invitation...

Almost all of my programs have downloaded my info. One needs to get all three LoRs, and another needs to get everything. What's interesting to me is that supposedly the programs can't download your photo until they've offered an interview, but mine was downloaded by everybody...

I think they download the photo but cannot see it until you interview...