1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Who has been accepted off the TAMU waitlist in the past?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by trauma_junky, Apr 14, 2004.

1. trauma_junky

trauma_junky 12 step pre-med rehab
    10+ Year Member

Please post if you were accepted off the TAMU waitlist in the past. Getting conflicting answers from the addmissions office.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dookbloo

dookbloo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

trauma,
    did you get into any tx schools or are you only on the waitlist at atm. good luck

4. trauma_junky

10+ Year Member

Ya, I'm only waitlisted at A&M. This is my last chance for a while too. If I don't get in off this list, I have to wait till the kids are in school and the wife has a good paying job before I can apply again. Plus I'm a little jadded about the whole process.

5. TJ Ford

TJ Ford Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Trauma Junky, what conflicting responses have you gotten from the admissions office? They told me that last year they didn't take anyone off of the waitlist....is this what they told you?

6. trauma_junky

10+ Year Member

Dookbloo says he was accepted to TAMU last year and then went ot Tulane thus opening a spot in their class. He then stated that not long after that someone on SDN states getting accepted off the waitlist, so I don't know what to believe.

7. askoogi

askoogi Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hey trauma junky and dookbloo:

i've cut and pasted the post from the SDNer who was accepted off the TAMU waitlist last year, who i hypothesized was the replacement for the spot i gave up. he wrote this on 6/9/2003 on an old thread titled "Texas waitlist - Any Movement . . . " i found it via a search.

dookbloo and trauma junky: i recieved your PM's yesterday and want you to know that i will write back. unfortunately, i have 3 exams next week and have some very serious catching up to do! however, pay attention to your inboxes in about a week. sorry in advance for my tardiness in reply. thanks for your patience.

i feel for you guys, and hope for the very best!

askoogi

8. dookbloo

dookbloo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i think there may be some confusion. i think it was someone else who said they were taken off the tamu waitlist last year because i am currently on it. sorry about that.

9. trauma_junky

10+ Year Member

opps, i ment askoogi

10. trauma_junky

10+ Year Member

This guy is not comming up in there student directory.