Who has been accepted off the TAMU waitlist in the past?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
Please post if you were accepted off the TAMU waitlist in the past. Getting conflicting answers from the addmissions office.

dookbloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
trauma,
did you get into any tx schools or are you only on the waitlist at atm. good luck

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
Ya, I'm only waitlisted at A&M. This is my last chance for a while too. If I don't get in off this list, I have to wait till the kids are in school and the wife has a good paying job before I can apply again. Plus I'm a little jadded about the whole process.

About the Ads

TJ Ford

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2004
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Status
Hey Trauma Junky, what conflicting responses have you gotten from the admissions office? They told me that last year they didn't take anyone off of the waitlist....is this what they told you?

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
TJ Ford said:
Hey Trauma Junky, what conflicting responses have you gotten from the admissions office? They told me that last year they didn't take anyone off of the waitlist....is this what they told you?

Dookbloo says he was accepted to TAMU last year and then went ot Tulane thus opening a spot in their class. He then stated that not long after that someone on SDN states getting accepted off the waitlist, so I don't know what to believe.

askoogi

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Visit site
Status
hey trauma junky and dookbloo:

i've cut and pasted the post from the SDNer who was accepted off the TAMU waitlist last year, who i hypothesized was the replacement for the spot i gave up. he wrote this on 6/9/2003 on an old thread titled "Texas waitlist - Any Movement . . . " i found it via a search.

md2banthony said:
:clap: I was just accepted off the wait-list at Texas A&M two weeks ago.
dookbloo and trauma junky: i recieved your PM's yesterday and want you to know that i will write back. unfortunately, i have 3 exams next week and have some very serious catching up to do! however, pay attention to your inboxes in about a week. sorry in advance for my ****iness in reply. thanks for your patience.

i feel for you guys, and hope for the very best!

askoogi

dookbloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
i think there may be some confusion. i think it was someone else who said they were taken off the tamu waitlist last year because i am currently on it. sorry about that.

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
opps, i ment askoogi

trauma_junky

12 step pre-med rehab
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
askoogi said:
hey trauma junky and dookbloo:

i've cut and pasted the post from the SDNer who was accepted off the TAMU waitlist last year, who i hypothesized was the replacement for the spot i gave up. he wrote this on 6/9/2003 on an old thread titled "Texas waitlist - Any Movement . . . " i found it via a search.

dookbloo and trauma junky: i recieved your PM's yesterday and want you to know that i will write back. unfortunately, i have 3 exams next week and have some very serious catching up to do! however, pay attention to your inboxes in about a week. sorry in advance for my ****iness in reply. thanks for your patience.

i feel for you guys, and hope for the very best!

askoogi

This guy is not comming up in there student directory.

About the Ads