who has been accepted to OSU-COM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently got accepted to OSU-com and am really pumped about it. It was my first choice school and Im eager to talk to any other students who have decided to attend OSU for DO school. Please write me back if you are going to be in my med school class!

Thanks
Brian.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on getting accepted to OSU!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

There are a few people from the class of 2006 who log on to SDN so feel free to ask any of us any questions you have about the school.

Looking forward to meeting the OSU class of 2007 next year!

Yeah!!! I am going to OSU-COM and I excited. I interviewed on the 23rd of Oct., when did you interview? After I got in here I withdrew from all of the other schools I had applied to, including the state MD school. I think it gave me a sense of self in this chaotic world : ) j/k

Do you know anyone else going here, and have you talked to the financial aid person yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. As Fenrezz said, there are a number of 2006 classmates on here who would be willing to help you out also.

As far a financial aid goes, Dana Livingston is who you need to talk to. You probably remember her from when you interviewed--she's great and is happy to talk with those of you who have been accepted.

Hey, I was just admitted to OSU-COM also. I am very, very excited about it, as this was not only my first choice, but my only choice for medical school. The atmosphere is just so great up in Tulsa. I have a few questions regarding living arangement suggestions from anyone who has already started the Gauntlet that is medical school. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by jon62781
Hey, I was just admitted to OSU-COM also. I am very, very excited about it, as this was not only my first choice, but my only choice for medical school. The atmosphere is just so great up in Tulsa. I have a few questions regarding living arangement suggestions from anyone who has already started the Gauntlet that is medical school. Thanks!!!

Westport apartments are the most convenient place to live. You can walk to school from there. There are also several apartment complexes within 5-10 minutes of campus. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

Hey Jon,

Congrats on your acceptance!

I live at Westport and haven't regretted it a bit. You just can't beat rolling out of your apartment 5 minutes before class starts and still being on time.

Plus, it's always handy if you need to do some studying at the school (anatomy lab). I have a feeling if I lived 20 minutes away, it might be more of a struggle to put the time in.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected].

Hello all, I received my acceptance letter the day after Christmas, pretty good Christmas present!!!!

Anyways, I am an OKie, so OSU-COM was really my #1 choice. I am really impressed with the people at the school and the family atmosphere that is presented.

I interviewed on the 24th of October, anyone else at that date?

Anyone coming to the New Acceptance Day on the 31st?

I will be married when I get to school with a 19 month old son, so housing is a major concern for me right now. I really want to find some place where my wife and son will feel safe and I will have peace of mind that they will be safe. As for Westport, I have heard some pretty scary stories concerning that particular complex. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have also been informed that the school is not in the safest of neighborhoods.

Hope to get to know you all soon!

There are lots of apartment complexes nearby school that are in better areas (mostly across the river). There are even more that are within decent driving distance to school. Feel free to PM me & I can give you some ideas based on what you're looking for.

Hey CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU GUYS.......WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU FELLOWS SOON.

And please dont judge Dr. Maxy from his quotes in his signature...he is from some weird part of Ghana (is there a normal part?) and we all just kind of leave him alone... :)

hi guys,

I am looking forward to going to school in august. as Dr.Mom suggested some of us should get together before school starts.

hey.. anyone who is admitted to osu-com class of 2007 that is interested in getting to know some of their future classmates, my email is

[email protected]

Right now, if live in edmond, but i will be in tulsa in july!!!! talk to you all soooooon!!!
+pissed+

:clap:

There are a few of these threads floating around. You might want to do a search for OSU in the pre-osteo and osteo forums. There are more of your classmates out there.

I've posted this before & will do so again now: I strongly recommend that you guys get together before orientation (go out to dinner or something) so that you'll know a few names and faces when you get there. If you'd like some 2nd year input, I'd be happy to come along (and I'm sure Fenrezz & some others would be interested, too). :)

Now go and enjoy your summer! :D