Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Who has got into Opto school with only 3 yrs undergrad?

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by nc2tarheels, Jan 3, 2009.

1. nc2tarheels

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Just as the title says. I'm hoping to get in with only 3 yrs undergrad. Of course all my pre-reqs will be finished but I know the odds are stacked against me. My question is, what are the stats of the ppl that got in with only 3 years undergrad. I have yet to take my OATs but my GPA is about 3.5 and I have worked in an opitical chain (manager of it for 3 years), an optical wholesale lab (2 years), and three independent optometrist offices (working at 2 of them right now, 2 years). Total, I have about 8-9 years experience in the field, so I'm hoping this will help.

2. sportsdude00

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    sounds like you're in good shape. i've been accepted to a school already (two more interviews in the next few weeks), and i have way less experience (like a few weeks shadowing only). 330 TS and AA, with two scores below 300, 3.8 gpa. stress your experience and you're good!

3. yanksfan422

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    i am one of these students. i have applied to and been accepted into SUNY, PCO, and Nova as a 3 yr student this year. My GPA was a 3.5 like yours with my OAT TS 340 and Total 340. i did an internship with an optometrist for three weeks and also did a couple shadowings here and there. obviously you have a lot more hours than i do. you should be fine.