Who has higher sGPA than cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meth mouth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
aggie-master said:
I think it is best to be balanced.

see sig.

j/k

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
meth mouth said:
I do..
How do you think schools view this?
Had a bad start in undergrad but made up for it in post bacc with 4.0 on all pre-reqs
Also, I'm a criminology major and the only science is the pre-reqs I've taken so far... in addition to some math and non-major sciences
How does this look compared to someone who is a bio or chem major with alot of upper div science under their belt but lower sGPA?

I think this hurts my chances.. but we'll see
You can be honest.. I'm not sensitive

I'm in the same boat, brother. Was a philosophy major in undergrad so had only a couple science courses. Since then I've been rocking it up and while my overall has improved slightly (because I have so many credits) my science gpa has gotten much higher. I have to believe that of the two reasons people do post bacs -- to change direction or to improve upon previously taken sciences -- our results are very highly regarded. A 4.0 the last 40 credit hours HAS to be a good thing.

But no, it's not the 3.9 3.9 22,22,22 the other posters had. But we've already fallen down and learned what it's like to have to pick yourself up and dust off. These guys haven't -- yet. It happens to everyone at some point or another and I wouldn't want it to happen to me in dental school. There isn't a safety net at that level...

Just my 2 cents. Mack

Mackchops said:
I'm in the same boat, brother. Was a philosophy major in undergrad so had only a couple science courses. Since then I've been rocking it up and while my overall has improved slightly (because I have so many credits) my science gpa has gotten much higher. I have to believe that of the two reasons people do post bacs -- to change direction or to improve upon previously taken sciences -- our results are very highly regarded. A 4.0 the last 40 credit hours HAS to be a good thing.

But no, it's not the 3.9 3.9 22,22,22 the other posters had. But we've already fallen down and learned what it's like to have to pick yourself up and dust off. These guys haven't -- yet. It happens to everyone at some point or another and I wouldn't want it to happen to me in dental school. There isn't a safety net at that level...

Just my 2 cents. Mack

Well grades aren't important anymore in dental school all you gotta do is pass.