Who has interviewed at Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been waitlisted at Drexel :( I was wondering if you interviewed there and you know that outcome of the interview if you could post your stats....Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 7th and am totally waiting : )

i interviewed on 2/5 and i haven't heard anything back yet...any form of status change...i will post if i do hear anything but i figured that it wouldn't be for awhile b/c it has only been a little over 1 month.

Members don't see this ad :)
My roomate interviewed on February 5, and got the acceptance yesterday in California. He had a 34 MCAT and 3.8 GPA (if you wanted stats).

hi all,
i was interviewed on 1/16 and was accepted at the end of feb. stats: 3.7 gpa and 30P mcat. katiejune, keep your head up because there seems to be a lot of movement on their waitlist. good luck!!

Late meaning end of April?

Good luck, I pmed you

hi I interviewed in nov and have been waitlisted haven't heard anything since......:confused:confused:

I was just interviewed this past Wednesday. They said we'd hear in 6 weeks. My student interviewer stated that she was on the adcom last year and that they didn't fill all their spots till end of April. So maybe there's still hope!

Hang in there. Patience is a virtue. Just make sure you get all your update letters and LOI's in.

I interviewed 11/22, and got accepted 2/3. My stats aren't stellar...3.6 GPA and 28QMCAT

Hi guys- I interviewed at Drexel in Mid- March- still waiting!! Good luck everybody!!:)

Originally posted by garnetgirl
Hi guys- I interviewed at Drexel in Mid- March- still waiting!! Good luck everybody!!:)

Ditto

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed feb 13th. still waiting...

I have an interview scheduled for May 1st :eek:

My best hope might be a waitlist spot, but here's to hoping....
Anyway, good luck to all of you who are awaiting decisions

Hey all I interveiwed this past thursday at Drexel. The Assistant Admissions Director told us that the class had been filled and that we were interviewing for waitlist spots. I'm sure some acceptances have yet to be sent so I hope it works out for you all.

i interviewed at the end of march and they said up to eight weeks before we'd hear.

I interviewed late March and we were told the same thing, 8 weeks before we will hear something.

I interviewed at the end of January. Have yet to hear from them.

For those of you who emailed the "status" address, can you post that addy? I looked on their website but most of the links are broken :rolleyes: and the contacts I found didn't say anything about a status check. TIA!

here's the address: [email protected]

i hope we're not at the point where we're either waitlisted/rejected. this would make drexel the third school i was interviewing at for a waitlist :(.

:confused: Hmm... I wrote that addy; it bounced. Hmm... :confused:

househead,
i sent you a pm.

try this one: [email protected]

Although, I sent an e-mail there on Friday, and I haven't heard anything. Back to waiting...

...interviewed early Nov. and I was waitlisted....

I wrote to [email protected] on Tuesday (thanks mgw519!) and heard back from them today (okay, yesterday, but barely :D ). I've gone to committee and been sent a decision letter, so I should be getting it sooooooon... :D

good luck to you, sounds like everyone is having to wait forever to hear back, I probably won't go to committee until november.

Hey, me too, Househead! Interviewed 2/13, went to committee this Tuesday, now just waiting to hear. I'm in CA tho', so I'm trying to be patient. Actually, Moskeeto, I heard that you wouldn't be going to committee until the first of the year. ;)

...interviewd early Nov.- waitlisted- haven't heard a thing since....

Lola- I interviewed with you and got an outright acceptance, so I wouldn't worry (2/13). Good luck waiting guys.

jmwalker, i know they were handing out acceptances when they reviewed your file, but i'm just afraid that by the time they get around to mine they won't be. oh well. it'll be par for the course, right? :( i'm paying my HUGE deposit to ireland today so at this point it doesn't matter that much when i hear from these u.s. schools anyway.

Got my acceptance packet today! :clap: I interviewed on 1/30.
I think I might do a re-visit. I'm still leaning towards NJMS, but I need to think on it for a week or two. All y'all SDNers who are planning on going there seem so cool :D

woo hoo, househead! it took them long enough :). congratulations!

Congrats, HouseHead!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You are awesome!!
:D

i assume then that you were reviewed this past Tuesday (like me) since you got the letter already?

Thanks y'all :D
I think I was reviewed this week- the status email (sent Wednesday) didn't say when I had been reviewed, just that I had been and the decision was in the mail.

Did anyone apply in late December? I was just curious, because I haven't heard anything back from Drexel and I don't know if they're just backed up or my rejection letter is lying somewhere waiting for a stamp.

I applied with a 35R MCAT and was hoping to get at least an interview at Drexel....but no love so far.

Good luck everyone.

Does anybody know if anyone actually gets into Drexel without being invited to interview? I didn't interview, and the admissions office told me that my application shows a 'No Decision Status', and that I would find out in early summer. Are they just giving me the run around?

But people who are -interviewing- now are for the waitlist, not people being -reviewed- now, which I think is a big difference.

Congrats househead!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by descartes
Does anybody know if anyone actually gets into Drexel without being invited to interview? I didn't interview, and the admissions office told me that my application shows a 'No Decision Status', and that I would find out in early summer. Are they just giving me the run around?

I think the decision will be a rejection...not to sound harsh but nobody gets into medical school without an interview.

Hey! I was really excited about Drexel. Unfortunately, when I interviewed on 4/14 they said that the class was already filled:(

Good luck with everyone who is a Drexel-hopeful!

Also, if u are that nice lady from Hawaii/San Fran, I really missed talking with ya! OUr convo got cut short a lil and I wish I asked ur email or something. If you are out there, could ya PM me sometime? Haha sorry I know that sounds cheesy. I'm glad Drexel attracts such awesome people to their school tho!

Originally posted by gcc2002
Hey! I was really excited about Drexel. Unfortunately, when I interviewed on 4/14 they said that the class was already filled:(

I would not get too down about the class being full because Drexel historically has a large amount of movement on their waitlist. It might mean waiting a little while oinger, but if all went well you may still get an acceptance there.

hey i am not sure about the eight week thing for review...i interviewed march 28th and got my acceptance packet in the mail today (4/19) ...however i am not accepting the position...so i hope that helps some of the waitlisted or ppl that have yet to hear out...my stats aren't stellar but they are 3.55 and 32...good luck to everyone trying to get at drexel

oh my lord -- march 28th?!! i interviewed feb 13th and am still waiting :rolleyes:. i think i need to stop reading sdn today. it is making me angry.

hi everyone
just to let you go the waitlist moves. i interviewed early jan. got waitlisted late feb, and recieved my acceptance letter early april. so don't give up waitlisted folks. it moves. your acceptance letter is on the way

good luck

March 28th? I interviewed that day... man, i'm so jealous... that's like 3 weeks.... ergh. :( )Congrats though :)).

yeah but the funny thing is that it was the interview from hell...they didnt know i was coming that day...so when i showed up...they were like "hello who the hell are you"...then to make matters worse i got lost in the hospital for like an hour...so i was late to my interview...then my interviewer didnt seem like he really cared that i was there since he had just found out maybe two hours ago that he was gonna interview me...i called my mom after the day was done and almost cried...but guess it wasnt as bad as i thought it was...i think i pretty much cursed philly and drexel the whole way home cuz i was so mad about the day...good thing i am not a witchdoctor...i could have screwed myself over

wow, you heard already....I interviewed on March 25 and I'm assuming I will hear in late May at the earliest.

Why the hell hasn't lola gotten her decision yet? It makes no damn sense. I'm mad along with you lola.

.... I emailed Drexel last week about my waitlist status and I just got a reply saying that they won't be getting to the waitlist til the end of June....

I interviewed 2/22 (or so?). Got my acceptance last Saturday (4/18). In the mean time, I didn't hear anything from them at all.

I'm deciding between a couple of other schools right now that I liked better than Drexel, however. Maybe that'll help someone on the wait list?

Good luck everyone!!

I interviewed on the 29th of April, and during my interview with Dr. Weingarten, an adcom member, told me I wasn't just interviewing for a waitlist spot. I imagine the requirements for admission at this point are mroe stringent, thus accounting for us not seeing more peopel posting late acceptances.

Good Luck, Peeps!