Who has the nicest and worst looking status page?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I thought I'd join in with all these surveys lately.

Every time I log onto the UPenn status page, I'd have to say that I feel as though it were designed by Apple or something - it looks so nice and shiny. I think the worst I experienced was MSU-COM's, which consisted of a 2 columned, 3 row box, that stopped letting you know anything after they got your money...

Members don't see this ad.

I really liked Ohio State's and UCSF's status pages. They were such a pleasure to use.

I can't think of any awful pages off the top of my head

Tufts has a pretty nice secondary application website/status page. It was easy to use and nice looking.

Members don't see this ad :)
i vote harvard for the worst tied w/ baylor. harvard's b/c it was inaccurate and never updated. baylor b/c it had the same damn annoying message for months and the message wasn't really indicative of status. vandy's was pretty high tech in that it even told you your interviewer and had a link to their bio, etc.

I thought Penn Hershey was very nice...it said the same thing for the entire process :rolleyes:

USC’s never worked for me. I'm not sure if it was because I'm using a mac, but the frames overlap and I can't read stuff. Also, I tried to withdraw (and even mentioned that the status page should be more clear), but when I hit "submit" I received an error message. I tried again a few days later and got another error message. Awesome.

Cornell's was ridiculous. You go through all the effort of typing in your AMCAS ID, DOB, etc just to get the same freakin' one sentence every time: "Your application is complete. It's a long process, please be patient." Really, why did they even bother?

By contrast, Michigan's status page is great because it's actually informative and up-to-date. They have a checklist of all the stuff you've sent, including thank you notes!

I thought VCU had a decent status page which let you know what part of the process you are on, i.e. review, hold etc.