General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT.OT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know we are still fairly early in the 16-17 cycle but I've been seeing some people posting that they are already hearing back from schools! I figured this would be a good way to gauge how far along some schools are in the decision process. So, are there any schools you have heard back from about interviews/decisions? And when did you get all materials submitted?

I submitted my OTCAS application in mid-late August and once it was verified I got an interview at Salus within the following week or two. I still haven't heard from the three other schools that I applied to through OTCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I know we are still fairly early in the 16-17 cycle but I've been seeing some people posting that they are already hearing back from schools! I figured this would be a good way to gauge how far along some schools are in the decision process. So, are there any schools you have heard back from about interviews/decisions? And when did you get all materials submitted?

I submitted my OTCAS application in mid-late August and once it was verified I got an interview at Salus within the following week or two. I still haven't heard from the three other schools that I applied to through OTCAS.

Hi, I have heard back from Salus, Midwestern (both AZ and IL campuses), and ATSU - Still (AZ). I have heard back from other schools as well but just to let me know that they received my supplemental app or asking for additional information.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to midwestern too (IL) and my applications were submitted mid-august and I have not heard anything back yet I'm starting to get really nervous. What kind of gpa and stuff did you apply with

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application through OTCAS on 9/12/16 and it was verified on 9/17/16. I applied to San Jose State University and Samuel Merritt University (Oakland). Both schools have confirmed that they have received my applications. Now the anticipation begins...

I submitted my application through OTCAS on 9/12/16 and it was verified on 9/17/16. I applied to San Jose State University and Samuel Merritt University (Oakland). Both schools have confirmed that they have received my applications. Now the anticipation begins...
Don't forget to fill out the CSU application for SJSU! I believe that they opened yesterday.

Don't forget to fill out the CSU application for SJSU! I believe that they opened yesterday.
Hahaha! I did it 12:05 AM on 10/1. Couldn't sleep.

I submitted my secondary applications for Loma Linda and Touro Nevada. Now I try to keep busy while I hope to be offered interviews. The wait begins....

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted to WashU and Thomas Jefferson back in mid August. WashU emailed me a couple weeks ago saying they have downloaded their first batch of apps and will be looking at them. Thomas Jefferson will be sending out secondary apps later this month.

Fingers crossed.

I submitted my secondary applications for Loma Linda and Touro Nevada. Now I try to keep busy while I hope to be offered interviews. The wait begins....

I'm also waiting on Touro....

I just heard back from Indiana State in Terre Haute, inviting me for an interview!

When did you submit your application to Touro Nevada? And when did they ask you to fill out the supplemental application?

I submitted for Touro Nevada Aug 22nd and got an invite for the secondary app on Sept 13th.

I heard back from Belmont University today, I got an interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the both of you on your interviews! If you don't mind, could you share your stats?

I actually declined my interview spot today because I am coordinating with my spouse who is also applying for a higher education program (not in OT) and was not offered an interview in Nashville so it doesn't make sense for me to interview there after all which is unfortunate because I really love the program at Belmont.

My stats: My GPA is around 3.9, I have about 100 hours of shadowing, I have a previous master's degree and this is a second career for me so I have a bunch of work experience. I choose not to pay too close attention to other people's stats tho since I'm sure most programs look at other stuff besides GPAs and shadowing hours such as the personal statement and other experience.

Completely! That's a good mindset to have; thank you for sharing though. Did they contact you through email?

Completely! That's a good mindset to have; thank you for sharing though. Did they contact you through email?

Yes, they contacted me through email. I actually got an email yesterday, not today. Hopefully this clears up a spot for you :) Interviews are held on November 18th 12:30-4:30pm. Sounds like a group interview situation.

Oh they also mentioned that interviewees will also have to complete an onsite writing sample.

Oh they also mentioned that interviewees will also have to complete an onsite writing sample.
Thank you again for the information, I appreciate it! :) Good luck with future interviews!

I have heard back from Midwestern (IL) and Chatham university and was offered interviews. I received emails from Indiana University, UIC, and East Carolina University that my application was complete and that it's just a waiting game now!

Hello!

I finished applying to Midwestern AZ campus. Does anyone know how long they contact you in regards to your application? Also, the process after OTCAS verification for this school?

Thanks!

Hello!

I finished applying to Midwestern AZ campus. Does anyone know how long they contact you in regards to your application? Also, the process after OTCAS verification for this school?

Thanks!
I sent in my app August 15th and heard back about an interview the first week of September. They are pretty quick! I just got accepted to that school so good luck to you!

Congrats!! I'm interviewing there 10/26--excited! Any tips you can share about prepping for the interview? And how long between the interview and notification that you were accepted?
I am so eager to get this step underway, haha!

Congrats to the both of you on your interviews! If you don't mind, could you share your stats?

I have a 3.7 GPA, with 157 quant and 154 verbal and 4.0 writing. I have over 300 hours of observation, and I work as a Line Therapist. But as previously said, they look into more than just our stats!

Did anyone apply to Creighton, Brenau University, or Gannon University?

Congrats!! I'm interviewing there 10/26--excited! Any tips you can share about prepping for the interview? And how long between the interview and notification that you were accepted?
I am so eager to get this step underway, haha!

It was a week and a day after my interview that I found out! I would just know why you want to be an OT and anything you have learned from observation experiences. Best of luck!

It was a week and a day after my interview that I found out! I would just know why you want to be an OT and anything you have learned from observation experiences. Best of luck!
Thank you! I'm excited :)

i applied to creighton! have you heard anything?

No I haven't heard back. But the first interview date is on November the 4th. My friend applied for the DPT program and was invited for an interview on October 5 and their first interview date is on October 28th. I figured they would notify OT applicants around the same time frame... When did you submit your application?

Interview with Creighton (Regis Denver Colorado)
Friday, March 24th.

Is this for the GO-Pathway? When did you submit your application?

The GO pathway is Greater Omaha I believe. I applied for the regis pathway. I submitted my application on Oct 8th, received on the 10th, interview invite on the 14th. There is one interview date in March for the regis pathway.

No I haven't heard back. But the first interview date is on November the 4th. My friend applied for the DPT program and was invited for an interview on October 5 and their first interview date is on October 28th. I figured they would notify OT applicants around the same time frame... When did you submit your application?
I submitted mine August 15th and didn't get a student portal until Sept 28th. Very weird :/

I submitted mine August 15th and didn't get a student portal until Sept 28th. Very weird :/

I submitted my application way back in August too and I didn't get a student portal until Sept. 28 also. You applied for the Entry-Level OTD Program - Campus Pathway right?

I heard back from Rockhurst University in Kansas City with an interview in November :)

I submitted my application way back in August too and I didn't get a student portal until Sept. 28 also. You applied for the Entry-Level OTD Program - Campus Pathway right?
Yes I did! Part of me thinks everything is very late but the other part is nervous...

I've received an interview for Augusta for November 1. Crossing my fingers I'll be offered acceptance, as it's my top program and could potentially save me hundreds in application fees.

Hi everyone! I submitted my application on 09/14/16 and it was verified on 09/22 I believe, then I completed the supplemental application on 09/11/16.
On 10/11, I got a notice email from the university that said that they received applications and started their review process, and we will tell us in January what decision they made....

Hi everyone! I submitted my application on 09/14/16 and it was verified on 09/22 I believe, then I completed the supplemental application on 09/11/16.
On 10/11, I got a notice email from the university that said that they received applications and started their review process, and we will tell us in January what decision they made....

What program/school are you referring to?

I just got an invitation to Creighton Greater Omaha Pathway! I will be interviewing November 4th.

Did anyone apply to Creighton, Brenau University, or Gannon University?

I will be interviewing at Creighton on December 2nd. I almost chose the November 4th date, but I thought that I might need more time to prepare for the interview. Does anyone know how many people actually get invited for an interview?

Just heard back from BU for early decision interviews! Does anyone have experience going through their interview process?

Reactions: 1 users
I sent in my app August 15th and heard back about an interview the first week of September. They are pretty quick! I just got accepted to that school so good luck to you!

Are you going to go to MWU? I just got accepted this morning and I'm trying to decide if I should hold out and wait and hear back from ATSU in Mesa.