General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview for Brenau University's Day Program on 11/7!
I have an interview with Brenau in January. Do you have any advice on how to prepare or what to expect? Anything is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview with Brenau in January. Do you have any advice on how to prepare or what to expect? Anything is appreciated!
I had an interview in November. it was a group interview. routine questions like where did you shadow? what is your 5 to 7 year plan? what are your interests in ot ot? why Brenau? what do you do to relieve stress? there is a 30 minute writing sample you have to perform and a file review to check on admissions requirements.

The interview was with 2 staff and about 13 people splint into groups of 4 to 5

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, When did you hear back to schedule an interview? I called about a week ago about my application but they said it might be delayed because of the holidays :/
I got an email about the interview in early November however I got invited to the second batch of interviews in January, rather than December. I'm not sure if that means I was lower on the possible acceptance list? I do know SM does get super slow around the holidays, so don't stress too much! I'm sure that applications are still being processed. :) best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, When did you hear back to schedule an interview? I called about a week ago about my application but they said it might be delayed because of the holidays :/
oh, sorry, were you talking about Midwestern or Samuel Merritt?

I also have an interview in January! Are you accepting the interview? I don't know much about the program...

I had an interview in November. it was a group interview. routine questions like where did you shadow? what is your 5 to 7 year plan? what are your interests in ot ot? why Brenau? what do you do to relieve stress? there is a 30 minute writing sample you have to perform and a file review to check on admissions requirements.

The interview was with 2 staff and about 13 people splint into groups of 4 to 5
thanks for the info! piggy backing on this, what was the writing sample? was it just an essay prompt? Like analytical or critical thinking type? sometimes on site writing/exams make me super nervous and I'm worried i'll overthink the prompt and waste my 30 minutes! Any advise would help! :) thanks

Applied: west coast university, midwestern (IL and AZ), MCPHS, Springfield, usciences, seton hall, Touro-Manhattan, Carroll,

Interviews: west coast

Wait listed: Midwestern AZ

Rejected: touro, west coast

I felt like my interview with west coast didn't go well and the staff and I did not clique well
hey, if you don't mind me asking, how long was the wait between interviewing at Midwestern az and getting wait listed? I have an interview coming up in December but one of the programs I was accepted into wants a $500.00 deposit asap and I'm not sure if I should wait or pay!

Invited to interview with Rush for December 16th!

I interviewed at University of New England on 11/11. They're supposed to let us know by the first week or two of January.

haven't heard from anywhere else though.

For anyone that interviewed at Thomas Jefferson, how long after your app was verified did you receive an invite? My applied in October, but I think they just received my GRE scores last week because I just got the e-mail saying it is complete a couple days ago. I received the supplemental app today, but I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait before hearing from them again.

Also, has anyone heard from Sacred Heart?

For Arizona, I just emailed them just incase. I submitted my application around 10/20, and got an email saying my application was under review Nov 3, I did submit kind of late, but this is one of my top schools I want to go to so i'm so nervous

I applied very, VERY late in the game last application cycle - keep in mind that they fill 40 spots really quickly and those students put down deposits to reserve their seat int the program. With my experience, most students will end up withdrawing their deposits depending on acceptance to other programs. MWU is awesome because they will continue to interview throughout the entire year because they know people will drop to go to other programs. Not to mention they also have a waitlist. The interview is very relaxed and the faculty really just want to have a normal conversation with you about why you love OT! If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me! Good luck!

hey, if you don't mind me asking, how long was the wait between interviewing at Midwestern az and getting wait listed? I have an interview coming up in December but one of the programs I was accepted into wants a $500.00 deposit asap and I'm not sure if I should wait or pay!
I didn't interview quite yet. I got waitlisted initially. Currently waiting for an interview

Hey!! It was really nice. They split us into groups of 3 or 4 & we interviewed for an hour with 2 of the professors, we had a writing session that lasted for 30 minutes, a file review that basically went over any prerequisites that you had to take & a Q/A session with some students. The writing part was definitely the most nerve wracking for me! But it was really just your thoughts on a random quote they chose about OT. (they only asked for like 2 paragraphs) Although, the interview with professors was a whole hour, it still went pretty fast. They asked questions like the difference between OT/PT/SLP, your observation experiences were referenced ALOT, why OT, why Brenau, what classes you would think will be your most/least challenging and why, & when was a time you had to be assertive. You also have a chance to ask the interviewers questions so I'd say study up on the program so that you'd have questions that shows you're really intrigued by their program.

Hopefully this helps & good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite to interview with Stony Brook for December 9th!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was just invited to interview at Ohio State and also got accepted to KU Medical Center!!!

Pretty sure I'll be attending Midwestern, IL!! Waiting to hear back from others.

I was just invited to interview at Ohio State and also got accepted to KU Medical Center!!!
congrats!! I also applied to KU but haven't heard back yet. When did you submit your application?

Yes, I applied to OTCAS 9/13 (verified 9/17) and applied to GAPE 10/1.

I got my acceptance via email on 11/11.

I also got invited to interview at Samuel Merritt, which I will decline because SJSU is my #1 choice.

Those were the only 2 schools I applied to and I'm so happy that I got news so early... I hated waiting!!

Congratulations!! Would you mind me asking what your GRE scores/ GPA was? :)

This is a painful wait, indeed

congrats!! I also applied to KU but haven't heard back yet. When did you submit your application?

August 30th. I know someone who submitted October 1st and got accepted. I'm not really sure what they're doing but I think they're seeing if the first few they send acceptances too will take it and then whoever is left sending more letters from there.

Congratulations!! Would you mind me asking what your GRE scores/ GPA was? :)

This is a painful wait, indeed
Thanks! I'm super excited about it. And yes, waiting is the total pits.

My GPA from the last 60/90 is 3.5
I completed all the prereqs (except neuro) and earned A's
My GRE score is 154v/152q/4.0w

Wishing you the very best of luck! I hope you get good news soon!!

Got an invitation on 11/1 to interview at Midwestern (IL) on December 5th and an invite on 11/5 from Rush to interview on the 28th. So nervous...
Yay! Good luck, the interview isn't bad at all

Thanks! I'm super excited about it. And yes, waiting is the total pits.

My GPA from the last 60/90 is 3.5
I completed all the prereqs (except neuro) and earned A's
My GRE score is 154v/152q/4.0w

Wishing you the very best of luck! I hope you get good news soon!!
Thanks!! We have pretty identical stats, so I have some more hope :p

Update: just received an interview for Temple MOT! It is a phone interview, does anyone know anything about it?

Last edited:
I will be interviewing at Creighton on December 2nd. I almost chose the November 4th date, but I thought that I might need more time to prepare for the interview. Does anyone know how many people actually get invited for an interview?

I will be interviewing that day too! I'm flying tomorrow evening. Are you flying in as well? Also what are your thoughts about the cost of attendance, I spoke to their admissions director and he said that on average he sees students graduate $130,000 in student loans. Not sure if you are only considering OTD programs.

I will be interviewing that day too! I'm flying tomorrow evening. Are you flying in as well? Also what are your thoughts about the cost of attendance, I spoke to their admissions director and he said that on average he sees students graduate $130,000 in student loans. Not sure if you are only considering OTD programs.

There are 40 people at each interview!

I also received an interview invitation for Samuel Merritt on Monday!! My interview is scheduled for December 3rd. I've been scouring the forums and from prior application cycles, it looks like there are 5-10 standard questions that are asked and the email I received said there is a required writing sample. Any more information would be super helpful! Good luck to everyone who's interviewing! :)
I also have an interview on the 3rd (tomorrow!) I hear there is a morning and afternoon group. I'm in the afternoon one. Good luck, and I will see you there.

I have a interview with Hofstra December 9th

Update: just received an interview for Temple MOT! It is a phone interview, does anyone know anything about it?
Last year it was a very odd personality type quiz thing. The best thing to do is be yourself.

Applied: west coast university, midwestern (IL and AZ), MCPHS, Springfield, usciences, seton hall, Touro-Manhattan, Carroll,

Interviews: west coast

Wait listed: Midwestern AZ

Rejected: touro, west coast

I felt like my interview with west coast didn't go well and the staff and I did not clique well

youll probably be okay being waitlisted at midwestern in AZ they cycle through it a few times usually

I just got my acceptance email into Brenau University!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed at University of New England on 11/11. They're supposed to let us know by the first week or two of January.

haven't heard from anywhere else though.

For anyone that interviewed at Thomas Jefferson, how long after your app was verified did you receive an invite? My applied in October, but I think they just received my GRE scores last week because I just got the e-mail saying it is complete a couple days ago. I received the supplemental app today, but I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait before hearing from them again.

Also, has anyone heard from Sacred Heart?
Hey! Wondering if you have heard back from Sacred Heart?? I also applied there. Thanks!

Hey! Wondering if you have heard back from Sacred Heart?? I also applied there. Thanks!
I received an interview invitation for Sacred Heart for December 20th, but I'm sure there will be more interview sessions!

I received an interview invitation for Sacred Heart for December 20th, but I'm sure there will be more interview sessions!
Congrats!! That's awesome, good luck to you! I hope you're right. Trying to stay positive through the waiting game.

Congrats!! That's awesome, good luck to you! I hope you're right. Trying to stay positive through the waiting game.
Thank you! I read somewhere that they had an interview in January last year too. The waiting game is no fun, trying to stay positive as well.

Just got accepted into Brenau University!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted into University of the sciences!! :joyful:

Reactions: 7 users
After interviewing at Creighton in November I was just accepted to their campus pathway program!!!

I also have an interview on the 3rd (tomorrow!) I hear there is a morning and afternoon group. I'm in the afternoon one. Good luck, and I will see you there.
HOW WAS THE INTERVIEW??? any pointers or advise? :) what did you think of the program?

I have not :/
It's making me kind of nervous. When did you submit your app? I submitted mine mid-October (10/14).

When did they notify you of your invitation? and when did you submit your apps to them?

When did they notify you of your invitation? and when did you submit your apps to them?
My OTCAS application was verified on September 26th and I received the interview invitation on November 16th.

I am trying to keep positive about getting an update from SHU. I submitted my app in September.

Was anyone else here at stony brook's interview yesterday, 12/9?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was accepted to Samuel Merritt a couple of days ago! It was totally unexpected since they said they were sending out acceptances in February

Just got accepted into Brenau University!! :)
congrats! which program? I have an interview scheduled there for 1/20--I'm not sure about accepting the slot though. What did you think of the program? can you tell me anything about the surrounding area? what did you think of the professors and current students? :) anything would help! I'm from CA and got accepted into cheaper MS/OTD programs in AZ..so I'm torn about attending the interview.