General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview at LIU on February 5th!
I haven't heard back from Stockton or Seton Hall yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Offered admission to Rush and Midwestern (IL)!

Still waiting to hear back from UIC..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Rush on 12/16 and I found out today that I was accepted!

Has anyone heard anything from Kean yet? I heard they're starting interviews within the next few weeks.

has anyone heard from:
1. Dominican University, CA
2. Eastern Washington
3. University of Utah
Just curious! waiting creates soooo much anxiety! :)
I heard back from Dominican University yesterday! I have an interview on Feb 18th!

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I'm really curious about the activity they will have us down during the interview.
I know! I'm going to have to learn about group behavioral interviews. I think, from reading other posts, that everyone takes turns answering the same questions, and/ or they participate in a group activity

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I'm really curious about the activity they will have us down during the interview.
I heard back from Dominican University yesterday! I have an interview on Feb 18th!
me too!(except i'll be interviewing on the 17th) finally, I was getting worried since I hadn't heard anything. Will you be going to the DU interview? I know you also were accepted at SM, so I didn't know if you were planning on going!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard back from Belmont today and I have been accepted!!

University of Puget Sound called me tonight to let me know I have been accepted!

me too!(except i'll be interviewing on the 17th) finally, I was getting worried since I hadn't heard anything. Will you be going to the DU interview? I know you also were accepted at SM, so I didn't know if you were planning on going!
Yes, I'm going! I haven't fully made up my mind yet so I figured I would keep my options open!

Anyone hear from Stockton?

Does anyone have any advice for the Boston University interview?

Interviewed at Stonybrook University Nov 18th, still haven't heard back :/
Interviewed at NYIT in early January, got accepted :)
Got an interview at LIU Brooklyn but I declined because I know I would choose NYIT over them.
Still waiting to hear back from Hofstra University, Touro College Bayshore, and York College. I've heard Touro and York are both kind of tough to hear back from.

Has anyone heard from these?

Got an interview at LIU Brooklyn but I declined because I know I would choose NYIT over them.
Still waiting to hear back from Hofstra University, Touro College Bayshore, and York College. I've heard Touro and York are both kind of tough to hear back from.

I'm still waiting to hear from stony brook too (interview on 1/13)

Does anyone have any advice for the Boston University interview?
I interviewed with them in the beginning of December. The interview is really laid back. You'll have 2 faculty members asking you questions. They asked me to tell them one thing about myself that isn't in my application. They also asked about a role model(not a family member) that I had. They gave me a fieldwork scenario that was to see if I have a moral compass pretty much (easy question). The questions were pretty easy. I remember saying "oh this is a fun question!" during my interview and they smiled and I could tell they were glad I was enjoying the interview rather than stressing out. If you are genuine and passionate about OT it will be no problem.

Reactions: 2 users

Waiting to hear from these as well...I interviewed at SBU but nothing yet either...
What have you heard about York college? I'm taking two prereqs there now but I'm unsure about their program. Thx.

Waiting to hear from these as well...I interviewed at SBU but nothing yet either...
What have you heard about York college? I'm taking two prereqs there now but I'm unsure about their program. Thx.
York I've heard iffy things, since they're so much cheaper than other programs they apparently get a ton of applications and are super picky :/ I also just found out this week that they fill their program with their own students first and kinda just look at transfer applications as extras, so I don't have a great feeling about them. I also applied to the CUNY system back in december and when I call to get a status update, the robot tells me I'm missing certain documents but won't specify.

I applied to twelve schools (got rejected last year so decided to apply to a bunch this year). Interviewed and was accepted to NYIT. Have an interview at Stony Brook this Friday. Haven't heard a peep from the other ten schools though. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to twelve schools (got rejected last year so decided to apply to a bunch this year). Interviewed and was accepted to NYIT. Have an interview at Stony Brook this Friday. Haven't heard a peep from the other ten schools though. Fingers crossed!
When did you apply to stony? I applied right before the deadline date so hoping I get an interview...

When did you apply to stony? I applied right before the deadline date so hoping I get an interview...

I paid for the OTCAS portion on November 15th (It had been verified for a few months at that point) and sent in the supplemental app on January 18th.

I paid for the OTCAS portion on November 15th (It had been verified for a few months at that point) and sent in the supplemental app on January 18th.
Oh ok I just sent in my supplemental last week so guessing it'll still be some time before I hear anything. Thanks for letting me know! Good luck on your interview :)

I received an acceptance email from LIU Brooklyn yesterday! Still waiting to hear from NYU, Columbia, Seton Hall, Downstate Medical and Stockton.

I received my acceptance email from NYU yesterday and from SUNY downstate today! Waiting to hear from stony, Hofstra, Columbia, and sacred heart

Reactions: 4 users
I was also accepted to NYU yesterday! Still waiting to hear back from Bay Path, Midwestern, and Springfield College!

I was also accepted to NYU yesterday! Still waiting to hear back from Bay Path, Midwestern, and Springfield College!

I think it's ridiculous that Springfield College wants me to pay an additional $50 just to continue reviewing my application. I don't think I will pay it since it wasn't one of my top choices. But I had already paid the $60 to apply in the first place...super frustrating that I won't hear a decision unless I give them more money!

Reactions: 2 users
I think it's ridiculous that Springfield College wants me to pay an additional $50 just to continue reviewing my application. I don't think I will pay it since it wasn't one of my top choices. But I had already paid the $60 to apply in the first place...super frustrating that I won't hear a decision unless I give them more money!
That's annoying!! I didn't receive that email....maybe that means I didn't make the cut

How can they ethically do that? I hope you already got in somewhere so you don't have to play their game.

How can they ethically do that? I hope you already got in somewhere so you don't have to play their game.

@FINGERS_CROSSED @JennaOT23
The e-mail said "We are pleased to inform you that your application for graduate study at Springfield College to work toward your Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy has been through preliminary review and qualifies for further review. In order to continue processing your application, a non-refundable application fee of $50 is required by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Upon receipt of this fee, your application will be complete and moved into the final stage of review."

I just wish they had told me in the beginning it would cost $110 total to apply...I feel ripped off. I'm sure they will send out more e-mails depending on how many people decide to pay. I did get into a program already, so I will not waste any more money...but hearing a decision would have been nice since I did take the time to apply and paid the initial application fee.

So last year I applied and got denied everywhere, so that kind of sucked. This year I applied to some of the same schools, some different. I am so anxious to hear back, I am terrified it will be a repeat of last year :(

This is what I have so far:
Applied: Midwestern - Downers Grove & Glendale, UW Madison, UW Milwaukee, St. Ambrose, Carroll University, Mt. Mary University, Brenau Univeristy, and Chatham University.
Acceptances: None so far :(
Waitlisted: Carroll University
Rejected: Brenau, Chatham, and UW Madison
Interviewed: St. Ambrose (2/3)

I keep refreshing my email hoping to hear back, especially from St. Ambrose! Has anyone interviewed there and heard back yet?

I heard that applicants should hear back from St. Ambrose within 1-2 weeks. I am waiting patiently as well!

So last year I applied and got denied everywhere, so that kind of sucked. This year I applied to some of the same schools, some different. I am so anxious to hear back, I am terrified it will be a repeat of last year :(

Applied: Midwestern - Downers Grove & Glendale, UW Madison, UW Milwaukee, St. Ambrose, Carroll University, Mt. Mary University, Brenau Univeristy, and Chatham University.

I keep refreshing my email hoping to hear back, especially from St. Ambrose! Has anyone interviewed there and heard back yet?

Keep trying and be positive ! What are your stats?

Hello,
How do you know you were rejected at Madison? Keep your head up! I aalso got rejected last year to all schools. Everything will work out how it is supposed to!!

I received my acceptance email from NYU yesterday and from SUNY downstate today! Waiting to hear from stony, Hofstra, Columbia, and sacred heart
Congrats! Is NYU a top choice for you? I'm happy to have gotten in to LIU but I'm really looking forward to hearing from NYU (and now will be refreshing my email nonstop hoping to get an email since they're sending them out now). If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? (I know they look for a bunch of different things so it's hard to tell what they're looking for in an applicant but just curious!)

@FINGERS_CROSSED @JennaOT23
The e-mail said "We are pleased to inform you that your application for graduate study at Springfield College to work toward your Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy has been through preliminary review and qualifies for further review. In order to continue processing your application, a non-refundable application fee of $50 is required by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Upon receipt of this fee, your application will be complete and moved into the final stage of review."

I just wish they had told me in the beginning it would cost $110 total to apply...I feel ripped off. I'm sure they will send out more e-mails depending on how many people decide to pay. I did get into a program already, so I will not waste any more money...but hearing a decision would have been nice since I did take the time to apply and paid the initial application fee.
I got the same email! So frustrating...

I interviewed at St. Ambrose 1/27/17 and last year as well. For this year, I haven't heard anything yet. Last year I found out I was wait listed on 2/29. During my interview, the faculty told us that we would hear something 4-6 weeks. The students in the program told us 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

Keep trying and be positive ! What are your stats?

Thank you! I plan to keep trying until someone takes me into their programs, I want this so bad. And as far as my stats go:

Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: 3.4-3.6 depending on school
GRE Scrores: 152V 150Q 4.0AW

Shadowing: 3,000+ hours at IP rehab, 12 lymphadema OT, and 12 peds/hippo/EI
Work Experience: IP rehab tech, certified nursing assistant, certified pharmacy technician
Research Experience: 4+ years in Emotion Regulation and Temperament in infants and toddlers, 2 years in Trauma and Mental Health. I have one paper in preparation to be published and have authorship on over 6 presentations.

I messed up my junior year when I was switching majors and working full time, so schools that look at your last 60 credit hours don't usually help me any :(

Hello,
How do you know you were rejected at Madison? Keep your head up! I aalso got rejected last year to all schools. Everything will work out how it is supposed to!!

I checked their log-in portal and it said I was denied, I also received a letter from the school as well. Keep your head up as well! I hope we both get in and it does work out! :)

I interviewed at St. Ambrose 1/27/17 and last year as well. For this year, I haven't heard anything yet. Last year I found out I was wait listed on 2/29. During my interview, the faculty told us that we would hear something 4-6 weeks. The students in the program told us 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

I really hope you get in!! It seems like such a great school to be at, I was really impressed with the program and faculty. I am pretty sure my heart will break if I don't get accepted, but I also have realized not to get too excited lol. Good luck! Make sure to update if you hear anything back!