General Admissions & OTCAS Who Have You Heard Back From?! 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting on most of my schools but the main three I could hear back from any day are Medical University of South Carolina, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, and Adventist. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
York I've heard iffy things, since they're so much cheaper than other programs they apparently get a ton of applications and are super picky :/ I also just found out this week that they fill their program with their own students first and kinda just look at transfer applications as extras, so I don't have a great feeling about them. I also applied to the CUNY system back in december and when I call to get a status update, the robot tells me I'm missing certain documents but won't specify.
Thanks for letting me know... I went to an info session where they said they had 400+ applicants but I thought they were over-inflating their stats.
Who knows?
With CUNY you kindness of have to go there in person to get answers. I must say though I'm pleasantly surprised with the staff at York.
We'll see what happens

Members don't see this ad :)
How does it reflect upon the applicant if i were to follow up with some of the schools i applied to? I have already emailed them making sure they got all my materials but now it is two weeks past the deadline. Does anyone know if it's ok if i email them asking when i can expect to hear back or does that not look good?

Still waiting on most of my schools but the main three I could hear back from any day are Medical University of South Carolina, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, and Winston Salem State University. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm still waiting on MUSC, they said late February/early March

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from Midwestern Glendale or University of Philadelphia?

How does it reflect upon the applicant if i were to follow up with some of the schools i applied to? I have already emailed them making sure they got all my materials but now it is two weeks past the deadline. Does anyone know if it's ok if i email them asking when i can expect to hear back or does that not look good?
If you call you don't even have to give your name haha, just ask about applicants in general

Reactions: 1 users
I really hope you get in!! It seems like such a great school to be at, I was really impressed with the program and faculty. I am pretty sure my heart will break if I don't get accepted, but I also have realized not to get too excited lol. Good luck! Make sure to update if you hear anything back!
I'll be heartbroken too! Good luck and I hope we both hear positive answers soon!!

Accepted: Boston University, University of Pittsburgh, Tufts
Waitlisted: NYU
Rejected: University of Puget Sound
Still waiting to hear from USC and UW, but I will be attending BU!

I haven't even heard back from Midwestern
Is that a bad sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard back from Tufts today...so, so excited I was accepted! Still waiting to hear from Springfield College and Bay Path. I need to do some serious thinking about finances and the like, but hopefully I'll be attending Tufts in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I was waitlisted on January 20th... hoping to hear back with some better news soon. Good luck to you!

which school were you waitlisted at? also, when did you submit all your info or when was it verified?

which school were you waitlisted at? also, when did you submit all your info or when was it verified?
Waitlisted for Philadelphia U (Jan 20th) and Temple U (Jan 11th). Submitted application Oct 13th, verified Oct 19th

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh, Tufts, Rush, UW Madison, Boston University

Rejected: Thomas Jefferson

Interview: Rush 12/16, Boston University 2/24

I'm visiting Boston to interview at BU and tour Tufts but I will probably go to UW Madison because I qualify for instate tuition and its a great school!

*Update I was accepted at BU and it's such a great program and so is Tufts but I think cost wise I'm sticking with Madison. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I interviewed at St. Ambrose 1/27/17 and last year as well. For this year, I haven't heard anything yet. Last year I found out I was wait listed on 2/29. During my interview, the faculty told us that we would hear something 4-6 weeks. The students in the program told us 2-3 weeks. Good luck!
If you don't mind me asking, why were you waitlisted last year for St. Ambrose? Did they tell you? I interviewed there in January as well and I am nervous to hear back.

Accepted: Boston University, University of Pittsburgh, Tufts
Waitlisted: NYU
Rejected: University of Puget Sound
Still waiting to hear from USC and UW, but I will be attending BU!

Congrats on getting into BU and all the other great schools. Waiting to hear back from the same schools as you :O

If you don't mind me asking, why were you waitlisted last year for St. Ambrose? Did they tell you? I interviewed there in January as well and I am nervous to hear back.
They said there were a lot of competitive applicants which is so generic yet everyone says that. I haven't heard anything back yet this year...have you?

I haven't even heard back from Midwestern
Is that a bad sign?

I don't think it's a bad sign! I applied to Midwestern Glendale at the beginning of December and was waitlisted for an interview mid-December. Haven't heard anything since then.

Accepted to: Rush U, Virginia Commonwealth, UW Milwaukee
Interviews at: University of New England (withdrew my application), Boston U
Rejected from: UIC
Waiting to hear from: UW Madison, MUSC, UPitt, Colorado State, St. Catherine's

The other sticky had GPAs and GREs, so I'll add those in case it's helpful...
GPA: 3.7
prereq GPA: 3.75 (I think)
GRE: Analytical 169, Math 159, Writing 4.0
160+ hours of shadowing, mostly in a nursing home.

Accepted to: Rush U, Virginia Commonwealth, UW Milwaukee
Interviews at: University of New England (withdrew my application), Boston U
Rejected from: UIC
Waiting to hear from: UW Madison, MUSC, UPitt, Colorado State, St. Catherine's

The other sticky had GPAs and GREs, so I'll add those in case it's helpful...
GPA: 3.7
prereq GPA: 3.75 (I think)
GRE: Analytical 169, Math 159, Writing 4.0
160+ hours of shadowing, mostly in a nursing home.

When did you hear back from UW-Milwaukee if you don't mind me asking?

I was rejected from Sacred Heart. (Reapplicant no interview). Not surprised, last year I was waitlisted.

I don't think it's a bad sign! I applied to Midwestern Glendale at the beginning of December and was waitlisted for an interview mid-December. Haven't heard anything since then.
I applied for Midwestern I think it was in like October, I remember I was told I was waitlisted for an interview, then in December I was invited for an interview, but not until March (next month). But I would think that their cohort is basically filled up..

They said there were a lot of competitive applicants which is so generic yet everyone says that. I haven't heard anything back yet this year...have you?
That is very generic and I hear it a lot. I haven't heard back yet either. The wait is killing me, but I think we should know sometime in March for sure.

That's annoying!! I didn't receive that email....maybe that means I didn't make the cut
Did you ever get the email from Springfield? I received and paid, it's one of the few schools I applied to. Anxiously awaiting a response, another 4-6 weeks they said!!

Did you ever get the email from Springfield? I received and paid, it's one of the few schools I applied to. Anxiously awaiting a response, another 4-6 weeks they said!!

I did end up receiving that email! I can't believe it's another 4-6 weeks.... I have until Tuesday to pay, but I don't know if I will.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I did end up receiving that email! I can't believe it's another 4-6 weeks.... I have until Tuesday to pay, but I don't know if I will.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I paid this time because I only applied to a few places. If I don't get in anywhere and have to reapply I'll reconsider applying there again because of the $50 they require on top of everything else already paid

@FINGERS_CROSSED @JennaOT23
The e-mail said "We are pleased to inform you that your application for graduate study at Springfield College to work toward your Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy has been through preliminary review and qualifies for further review. In order to continue processing your application, a non-refundable application fee of $50 is required by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Upon receipt of this fee, your application will be complete and moved into the final stage of review."

I just wish they had told me in the beginning it would cost $110 total to apply...I feel ripped off. I'm sure they will send out more e-mails depending on how many people decide to pay. I did get into a program already, so I will not waste any more money...but hearing a decision would have been nice since I did take the time to apply and paid the initial application fee.

I received the exact same email. It pissed me off too. I'm not paying it either, because they're literally just trying to get your money.

Just heard back from Tufts today...so, so excited I was accepted! Still waiting to hear from Springfield College and Bay Path. I need to do some serious thinking about finances and the like, but hopefully I'll be attending Tufts in the fall!
When do you have to tell tufts your decision by?? I'm curious because I'm anxiously waiting to hear from them!

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh, Tufts, Rush, UW Madison

Rejected: Thomas Jefferson

Interview: Rush 12/16, Boston University 2/24

I'm visiting Boston to interview at BU and tour Tufts but I will probably go to UW Madison because I qualify for instate tuition and its a great school!
When do you have to notify Tufts your decision by? Also how did they inform you of your acceptance?

Denied : MUSC
Interview: UAB 03/03/17

Denied : Musc
Interview: University of Alabama Birmingham 03/03
Have not heard back from BU
stats
undergrad GPA 3.6
gre : quantitative 148 verbal 155 writing 4.0
90 + observation hrs

When do you have to notify Tufts your decision by? Also how did they inform you of your acceptance?
They sent me an email that said my status had been updated on my Tufts Application. They included two letters in your account and then send you the same letters in the mail as well. We have until April 3rd to let them know. I'm probably going to decide in the next week or so. I reeaaallly love the school so its a tough choice between them and UW-Madison.

I've been accepted to all three schools that I applied to: Samuel Merritt, Dominican U, and San Jose State. I will most likely go with SJSU, it sounds like a great program, and it's tuition is way less than the other two.
:)

Reactions: 3 users
I heard back from Dominican University yesterday! I have an interview on Feb 18th!

I heard from Eastern Washington about a month ago about an interview, which I did over the phone this past Monday. They said they need to review the interviews and will let everyone know mid-march.

Accepted: Pitt, VCU, MUSC
Standby: Salus
Denied: UNC
Interviews: TJU next week (I feel like the program is full though), Towson at the end of the month
Never heard from AT Still but I've heard too many concerning things about them anyways... kind of irritated about wasting my money if they didn't review my application though.

Accepted: Pitt, VCU, MUSC
Standby: Salus
Denied: UNC
Interviews: TJU next week (I feel like the program is full though), Towson at the end of the month
Never heard from AT Still but I've heard too many concerning things about them anyways... kind of irritated about wasting my money if they didn't review my application though.
Regarding AT Still, have you heard anything else besides what's on the thread "don't attend AT Still"?

Honestly not anything super credible... I had a friend last year who said her cousin wanted to apply but didn't because of their schedule. She had heard that their quarter system is disorganized and harder on students but they are transitioning away from that anyways so

If you're set on that program and excited about it, I wouldn't let what others say scare you :) I'm just irritated at them because I haven't heard a single word back from them and I know my application was completed lol.

Honestly not anything super credible... I had a friend last year who said her cousin wanted to apply but didn't because of their schedule. She had heard that their quarter system is disorganized and harder on students but they are transitioning away from that anyways so

If you're set on that program and excited about it, I wouldn't let what others say scare you :) I'm just irritated at them because I haven't heard a single word back from them and I know my application was completed lol.
I heard back from another program in a different state so I wanted to kind of weigh the options and hear how others feel about the program. Congrats on your other acceptances though!

I heard back from another program in a different state so I wanted to kind of weigh the options and hear how others feel about the program. Congrats on your other acceptances though!

Understandable! I've mostly heard small things from acquaintances and then the one form on here. You could always reach out to alumni (you'd probably get a better idea of the program since people tend to have a reason for posting... either really loving or really disliking). That's what I've done. Thank you and same to you :)