General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One more update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (Date TBD)
Hey! I also applied to AT Still! I was just wondering when you heard back and when you applied? Thanks and good luck! :)

Stats:

GRE: 312
GPA: 3.78
Observation/Volunteer hours: 2300
Work experience: 6 week internship with Ekisa Ministries in Uganda, 2 years with EasterSeals Midwest in the pediatric autism department, 4 years at Camp Barnabas, 3 semesters as a supplemental instructor for human physiology.

Applied: Huntington University, KU Med.
Interviews: Huntington, 11/9/19. KU Med, 2/8/19
Accepted: Huntington, 11/15

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Update:

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), St. Ambrose, AT Still, University of South Dakota, St. Catherine's, Belmont
Interviews: St. Ambrose (10/19), Midwestern (10/23), Belmont (11/16)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

One more update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26)
Update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26), Brenau University (11/30)

Last edited:
UPDATED 10/15

Applied: Drake University, Saint Ambrose University, Ohio State University, Midwestern (IL), University of Indianapolis, and Creighton
Interviews: Drake University (September 28th), Creighton (November 9th), Saint Ambrose (October 19th)
Acceptances: Drake University
Rejections:

I just recieved an interview invite from TJU!
Me too! Congrats! They gave us like no time to plan though, the first interview date is next week and only goes till 11/9

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! Congrats! They gave us like no time to plan though, the first interview date is next week and only goes till 11/9
I KNOW!
And I'm not in Philly so its all pretty last minute. I'm planning to do November 2nd!

Here's my more formal list for this:

Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Temple, TJU, MGH, Tufts, Wisconsin, Chatham, (planning on applying to BU as well, just haven't submitted it yet. Hopefully will be submitting this week).
Accepted:
Rejected:
Interviews: MGH, TJU

I KNOW!
And I'm not in Philly so its all pretty last minute. I'm planning to do November 2nd!

Here's my more formal list for this:

Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Temple, TJU, MGH, Tufts, Wisconsin, Chatham, (planning on applying to BU as well, just haven't submitted it yet. Hopefully will be submitting this week).
Accepted:
Rejected:
Interviews: MGH, TJU

Congratulations! I got an interview at TJU too! When did you here from MGH and when did you apply?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: Augusta Uni, GA State, Tennessee State Uni, Brenau (Day)
Interviews: Augusta, Brenau
Acceptances: Augusta
Rejections:

Hi Madis00! Congrats on getting into Augusta! I just got an interview invite. When you got accepted, what was/is the deadline for telling them your decision? Is it a hard deadline for everyone, or a certain amount of days from when you were offered admission?

Thanks!!

Updated 10/24

Applied: San Jose State, Augusta U, Texas Woman's U, UTH San Antonio, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Uni Washington*, Dominican University of CA*
Interviews: Augusta, LLU
Acceptances:
Rejections:

(UW and Dom not yet submitted)
It's still early yet! All the schools I applied to other than AU are letting us know Nov-Jan.

Last edited:
Applied: San Jose State, Augusta U, Texas Woman's U, UTH San Antonio, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Uni Washington*, Dominican University of CA*
Interviews: Augusta
Acceptances:
Rejections:

It's still early yet! All the schools I applied to other than AU are letting us know Nov-Jan.

I applied to UT Health San Antonio and Loma Linda as well. Have you heard back from Loma Linda already?

Hi Madis00! Congrats on getting into Augusta! I just got an interview invite. When you got accepted, what was/is the deadline for telling them your decision? Is it a hard deadline for everyone, or a certain amount of days from when you were offered admission?

Thanks!!

Hi! Thank you!! And you have 10 business days from the time of the email to accept and pay the deposit!

I applied to UT Health San Antonio and Loma Linda as well. Have you heard back from Loma Linda already?
Not yet! I wonder when they’ll let us know. Good luck!

Congratulations! I got an interview at TJU too! When did you here from MGH and when did you apply?

Thank you! Congrats to you too! I heard back from MGH about the interview just two days ago (Tuesday morning) and I applied mid-september.

UPDATED 9/20

Applied: Drake University, Saint Ambrose University, Ohio State U
niversity, Midwestern (IL), University of Indianapolis, and Creighton
Interviews: Drake University (September 28th), Creighton (November 9th), Saint Ambrose (October 19th)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

Hey,

I was wondering if you already heard from the University of Indianapolis?

Applied: Midwestern (IL and AZ), Chicago State University, Lewis University, North Central College, Indiana State University, and Maryville University
Interviews: North Central
Rejections:
Waitlist: Midwestern Glendale (AZ)

Last edited:
Hey,

I was wondering if you already heard from the University of Indianapolis?

I have not heard back from University of Indianapolis. I know their deadline was 10/1 so not sure how long it will take for them to start sending out interview invites. I submitted my application on August 31st.

I have not heard back from University of Indianapolis. I know their deadline was 10/1 so not sure how long it will take for them to start sending out interview invites. I submitted my application on August 31st.
Okay!! I have upcoming interview in Indianapolis. I submitted mine pretty early tho

Applied: Midwestern (IL and AZ), Chicago State University, Lewis University, North Central College, Indiana State University, Western Michigan University, and Maryville University
Interviews:
Rejections:
Waitlist: Midwestern Glendale (AZ)

I was wondering what is your stats?

Thanks you too! Hopefully soon. Did you already complete the supplemental application for LLU?
I have completed the supplemental application, it feels like ages ago but maybe a month? Do you know if they invite a lot of people to submit the video, or just a few? I haven't been invited to make one, but I haven't been rejected either. My stats are pretty high, but I have no religious experiences or affiliations, so I am not hopeful they will like my answers for the sup app! They were VERY religiously targeted questions, I wasn't expecting it to be that overt! I don't fault them for it, I just don't have much hope left lol.

Update:
Applied: Rockhurst, Texas Tech, Creighton, Nebraska Methodist, Cox, Allen
Interviews: Creighton (Nov 9th), Rockhurst (Dec 1), Texas Tech (November 16th), Nebraska Methodist (November 8th)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

Applied: Midwestern Glendale, Creighton, St. Augustine-Miami, A.T. Still
Will be applying to: York, West Coast
Interviews: St. Augustine-Miami (11/9)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted: Midwestern, Creighton

Last edited:
Thanks you too! Hopefully soon. Did you already complete the supplemental application for LLU?
I got the LLU interview invite today, and I see you did too! I’m bummed it’s a recorded interview and not just a video like it has been in the past. We don’t have a lot of time to prepare either! When is your interview?

I got the LLU interview invite today, and I see you did too! I’m bummed it’s a recorded interview and not just a video like it has been in the past. We don’t have a lot of time to prepare either! When is your interview?

Mine was yesterday. Literally just be yourself, you will do great! Now it's just waiting again to see on what they decide.

Applied: SJSU, CSUDH, Samuel Merritt, Loma Linda, Univ of St. Aug San Marcos, A.T. Still
Will be applying to: West Coast, Dominican University in California, University of Washington, and Stanbridge
Interviews: AT Still(10/26) Loma Linda(10/26)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Applied: NYIT, NYU, BU, UIC, WashU, SUNY Downstate, Rush
Hopefully still applying to: Columbia, UNC Chapel Hill
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews: NYIT (10/29), Rush (12/3), BU (12/5)
Definitely nervous/excited to hear back from the rest/still unsure if I want to keep applying. Any advice about any school on my list/anything would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Applied: NYIT, NYU, BU, UIC, WashU, SUNY Downstate, Rush
Hopefully still applying to: Columbia, UNC Chapel Hill
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews: NYIT (10/29), Rush (12/3)
Definitely nervous/excited to hear back from the rest/still unsure if I want to keep applying. Any advice about any school on my list/anything would be appreciated!
When did you apply to Rush and when did you hear back?

Applied: AT Still, UIC, Elmhurst College, North Central, NOVA, Governors State, Salus
Acceptances: Salus
Rejections:
Interviews:
AT Still, North Central.

GRE:
GPA:3.3 (low I know)
Prereq GPA: 3.8-4.0 depending on school.
Shadowing: Over 500 hours Mostly outpatient Pedes, and some Hand therapy
LOR: 1 OT that I worked with for years, 2 Professors, one is a department head for Health Admin Masters program

Update:

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), St. Ambrose, AT Still, University of South Dakota, St. Catherine's, Belmont
Interviews: St. Ambrose (10/19), Midwestern (10/23), Belmont (11/16)
Acceptances
:
Rejections:
Have you heard anything from St. Ambrose yet?

Applied: AT Still, UIC, Elmhurst College, North Central, NOVA, Governors State, Salus
Acceptances: Salus
Rejections:
Interviews:
AT Still, North Central.

GRE:
GPA:3.3 (low I know)
Prereq GPA: 3.8-4.0 depending on school.
Shadowing: Over 500 hours Mostly outpatient Pedes, and some Hand therapy
LOR: 1 OT that I worked with for years, 2 Professors, one is a department head for Health Admin Masters program
Hey When did you hear back from AT Still and when did you apply? I applied back in August and still haven't heard back yet, so just wondering what they're up to

I applied about 3 weeks ago and I heard back this Saturday. I sent in my otcas application about 6 weeks ago but only paid the supplemental application on their website about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Nope, have you?
I've heard they've already emailed some people
No I haven't! I also heard that people were receiving emails so I'm not sure if they've already sent out all of their early decision acceptances yet or not.

I was wondering what is your stats?
Here are my stats!
Undergrad School: Illinois State University
Major: Human Development and Family Science
Cum GPA: 3.19
Last 60 GPA: 3.577
GRE 1st attempt: 149 V, 140 Q, 4 AWA, 2nd attempt: 147 V, 145 Q, 4.5 AWA
GPA (OTCAS calculation): 3.21
Observation hours: Around 50 total (outpatient clinic & at elementary schools), currently completing hours at an orthopedic and shoulder center (probably 20-30 more hours, so I will hopefully have 70-80 hrs total)
Experience: ABA Line Therapist (working with children with autism), Caregiver for the geriatric population, an internship at Easterseals. Volunteer work at Easterseals, Children's Discovery Museum, and as an after-school sports coach for elementary-aged children.

Update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26), Brenau University (11/30)
hey! I just received an invitation to interview 11/30 and I was wondering how your interview went? Hope it went well! :)

Updated 10/24

Interviews: Augusta, LLU

Acceptances:
Rejections:

We should hopefully start hearing back from UT Health San Antonio starting mid Nov!

hey! I just received an invitation to interview 11/30 and I was wondering how your interview went? Hope it went well! :)

Hey what school reached out to you? Congrats! All my interviews so far have been as perfect as I could have wanted them to be.

If you’re talking about Brenau, there is a big chance I will cancel my interview if I hear back from one of the schools I’ve interviewed already.

Good luck!

Applied: Boston, Tufts, UIC, Rush Midwestern, UWM, UW-Madison
Interviews: Boston, Rush, Midwestern
Acceptances: Tufts

Update:

Hello :) have you heard back from Nova, OTD Tampa yet? If so, how long after submitting the video did you hear back/was it via email or mail? Thanks.

Update:

Update:

Acceptances: A.T. Still (OTD)

Waiting on Nova Southeastern and North Central College. Have and will decline remaining interviews and interview offers! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Have you heard back from Touro yet?

I haven’t! But it’s probably because of the mistake I made on my end. I barely sent them my supporting documents through mail two weeks ago because I uploaded them online instead since Charles the admission counselor said it was fine. So I have yet to hear back from them, even though I got verified 10/4.

How about you?

Applied: Midwestern, Breanau University, AT Still, Touro University- Nevada
Interviews:
Acceptances:
Rejections:

UPDATE

Applied- UTEP, TWU, University of St. Augustine, LLU
Waitlist: Midwestern (waitlist for interview)
Interviews- AT Still (11/30) Brenau (declined)
Acceptance- AT Still

Will be attending ATSU:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users