General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have either of you had an interview at North Central yet? Or Lewis? I applied to both in October and haven't heard anything back yet! I know Lewis said they won't make decisions until March but I wasn't sure about North Central.
I interviewed on 10/29 at North Central as well. They had another round of interview last week. I emailed North Central and they said we will hear of decisions after Thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I submitted my app too late to be contacted about that first round of interviews, so I am hoping I get an email soon!! I haven't heard back from either school yet :( But how was the interview? What kind of questions did they ask?

Crossed fingers!! You’ll probably hear back from them by December. Don’t lose hope. Where else did you apply?

Update:
Applied: Rockhurst, Texas Tech, Creighton, Nebraska Methodist, Cox, Allen
Interviews: Nebraska Methodist (Nov 8th), Creighton (Nov 9th), Texas Tech (Nov 16th), Rockhurst (Dec 1) Allen College (Nov 30th)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
-----UPDATE----
Applied: D'Youville, TJU, Howard, USC, Nova, Brenau, University of Florida
Interview: TJU (11/9)
Rejections:
Acceptances:
TJU (YAY!)

Additional: Application is on hold at Brenau until the academic update period since I am taking A&P right now.

Congratulations on getting into TJU! I just got off the phone with admissions and got in as well! Maybe I'll see you up there :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on getting into TJU! I just got off the phone with admissions and got in as well! Maybe I'll see you up there :)
Thank you and congrats to you too!! It is definitely toward the top of my list. Are you from GA? I noticed you said "up there," and I can only imagine your avatar is related to UGA lol. I only ask because I live in GA as well.

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Applications: St. Kate's, UM-Twin Cities, UI-Chicago, Creighton, Wash U in St. Louis
Acceptances: Wash U in St. Louis OTD (declined), UI-Chicago (declined), Creighton (accepted)
Rejections:
Waitlists:
Deferments: St. Kate's deferred to regular decision
Updated 1/29/19

Last edited:
Applied: ECU, Wingate University, Brenau University, GSU, Shenandoah University, Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin
Interviews: Murphy Deming (11/10), Wingate (11/30), Brenau (probably declining - 1/18), ECU 1/4, Shenandoah University (probably declining)
Acceptances: Murphy Deming (OTD)
Rejections:
Waitlists:

Last edited:
Applied: Rush, UIC, Tufts, Boston University, MGH IHP, Ohio State, St. Kates
Interviews: MGH IHP (12/1), Rush (12/3), Boston University (12/5), Ohio State (did not attend)
Acceptances: Tufts, UIC, Rush
Rejection:
Waitlists:

Last edited:
Applied: Rush, University of Illinois-Chicago, Tufts, Boston University, MGH IHP, Ohio State, St. Kates
Interviews: MGH IHP (12/1), Rush (12/3), Boston University (12/5)
Acceptances: Tufts, University of Illinois-Chicago
Rejection:
Waitlists:

When did you hear back from UIC?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Crossed fingers!! You’ll probably hear back from them by December. Don’t lose hope. Where else did you apply?
I hope so!! I also applied to Maryville University, Chicago State, Lewis, Midwestern (both campuses), Indiana State, and Western Michigan. The only ones I feel like I have a real chance at is Chicago State, Lewis, and North Central though.

Update:
Applied: Rockhurst, Texas Tech, Creighton, Nebraska Methodist, Cox, Allen
Interviews: Nebraska Methodist (Nov 8th), Creighton (Nov 9th), Texas Tech (Nov 16th), Rockhurst (Dec 1) Allen College (Nov 30th)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

I am not 100% sure I am accepting Allen College interview. I have yet to be accepted anywhere but Rockhurst is my #1 choice and I don't want another interview to ruin that weekend or my preparation. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Congrats on all of your interviews!! I would say if you don't see yourself going to Allen then maybe skip that interview. Out of the other 4 schools, you are bound to get into at least one. But if you want to play it safe and have more options, going to the Allen interview won't hurt.

I hope so!! I also applied to Maryville University, Chicago State, Lewis, Midwestern (both campuses), Indiana State, and Western Michigan. The only ones I feel like I have a real chance at is Chicago State, Lewis, and North Central though.

What’s your stats if you don’t mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: Rush, University of Illinois-Chicago, Tufts, Boston University, MGH IHP, Ohio State, St. Kates
Rejection:
Waitlists:
When did you hear back from UIC?

Rejection:
Waitlists:
Did UIC give you a deadline for accepting the offer?

Did UIC give you a deadline for accepting the offer?
Yeah they said we have two weeks to reply, but we have the option to extend the deadline. I'm not visiting until January so I'll have to extend it until then

Applied: ECU, Wingate University, Brenau University, GSU, Shenandoah University, Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin
Interviews: Murphy Deming (11/10), Wingate (11/30), Brenau (1/18)
Acceptances: Murphy Deming (OTD)
Rejections:
Waitlists:

ECU won't send out notifications till 12/01 and Shenandoah said interview invitations will be sent out in December.

Hi, congratulations on your interviews! Can I ask when you submitted your app to Brenau? I submitted earlier this month but haven't heard back about an interview as of yet.

Hi, congratulations on your interviews! Can I ask when you submitted your app to Brenau? I submitted earlier this month but haven't heard back about an interview as of yet.

I submitted my application for them on 11/13 (was already verified) and I received an interview date two days ago for 12/11

I submitted my application for them on 11/13 (was already verified) and I received an interview date two days ago for 12/11

Thanks for the response! If you don't mind me asking, did they contact you by phone or email? And was there anything else you submitted to Brenau directly after submitting through OTCAS?

My application was verified in early October and I heard back from Brenau on Oct 17th. I was originally supposed to interview in November but I had a conflict so I had to move it to January.

Thanks for the response! If you don't mind me asking, did they contact you by phone or email? And was there anything else you submitted to Brenau directly after submitting through OTCAS?
Email and nope!

Hey all, has anyone received an interview invitation from Georgia State? I got one today and was hoping to meet some people there! The interview date is November 30th, btw! (From Tennessee)
I’m interviewing on 12/3. Goodluck :)

Just found out I was accepted into Wash U's MSOT program!
Congrats! When did you turn in your application? I turned in mine at the beginning of October so I don't know when to expect to hear back

Applied: St. Kate's, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, University of Illinois-Chicago, Creighton, Washington University in St. Louis
Interviews: Creighton (11/9)
Acceptances: Wash U in St. Louis (OTD)
Rejections:
Waitlists:
When did you submit your Wash U application? I submitted mine in early October so I don't know when I should expect to hear back

When was your UIC app submitted?
I submitted in mid-September. Their admissions coordinator said that they started to look at applications in the beginning of October, but they consider the quality of applications over when you submit it (as long as it's before the deadline of course)

-Update-

Applied: Midwestern Glendale, Creighton, St. Augustine-Miami, A.T. Still
Will be applying to: York, West Coast
Interviews: St. Augustine-Miami (11/9)
Accepted: St. Augustine-Miami
Rejected:
Waitlisted: Midwestern, Creighton

Congrats! When did you turn in your application? I turned in mine at the beginning of October so I don't know when to expect to hear back
I also applied end of August! I'm pretty sure they'll be sending out another round of acceptances in a few weeks once people decline their offer

Has anyone heard from St. Ambrose that didn't apply early decision? They told me I would get an email in November about an interview, but I haven't gotten anything

Has anyone who interviewed with Creighton on Nov 9th heard back??? Anxiously checking my email and portal.

Applied: WashU, Mizzou, Maryville University
OTCAS verified: 9/18
Accepted: WashU (OTD, 11/19), Mizzou (10/4)
Rejected:

I will be attending WashU starting in August and would love to chat with anyone else who will be doing the same!

Has anyone heard from St. Ambrose that didn't apply early decision? They told me I would get an email in November about an interview, but I haven't gotten anything

you shouldn't hear anything until December as December 1st is the cut off for general admission applications

I didn’t hear about my interview until mid December for last years admissions.

Hi everyone!
Applied: UTEP, Midwestern (AZ), Emory and Henry, Howard, Nova, Utica, AdventHealth, Abilene Christian, Davenport, Brenau, Messiah, MCPHS, Johnson & Wales, and Trinity
Interviews:
Rejections:
Waitlisted: Midwestern (waitlisted for interview)

Last edited:
Another update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7)

I also applied to Nova. When did you submit your application and supplemental application fee?

UPDATED 11/26

Applied: Drake University, Saint Ambrose University, Ohio State University, Midwestern (IL), University of Indianapolis, and Creighton
Interviews: Drake University (September 28th), Creighton (November 9th), Saint Ambrose early admission (October 19th), University of Indy (December 7th), Ohio State (January 19th)
Acceptances: Drake University
Rejections:

I have not heard back from them except for getting a confirmation after submitting the application. Do you know if they do interviews?
Yep, they do have interviews! I haven't even received a supplemental application yet which you do first then the interview, but for the supp app you have to get invited to do one.

Has anyone who interviewed with Creighton on Nov 9th heard back??? Anxiously checking my email and portal.
I interviewed at Creighton on November 9th and I haven't heard back either. I've been anxiously checking as well! Didn't they say we should contact them if we didn't hear by today? I might do that if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning.

I interviewed at Creighton on November 9th and I haven't heard back either. I've been anxiously checking as well! Didn't they say we should contact them if we didn't hear by today? I might do that if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning.
That’s what I remember! We should hear today or yesterday. Fingers crossed for within the next couple hours.

That’s what I remember! We should hear today or yesterday. Fingers crossed for within the next couple hours.
Check your student portal! I just saw I received admisoadmi! Did anyone hear about scholarships?

Applied: NYU, Kean, Brenau, Brunel, University of New England, Hofstra, Long Island, D'Youville, Dominican College, AIC, Texas Tech

Interviews: Brenau (11/13), Brunel (11/20), Hofstra (12/2), UNE (Originially 12/10 but requested different date so 2/8)
Acceptances: Brenau, AIC
Waitlist: Hofstra
Rejections:

Last edited:
Hello! AT Still accepted me, and I'm pretty sure I am going to go there. Anyone else so far?? Also, feel free to message me if you have questions about their application process or interview advice. :) I loved it there, and can't wait to start!

Congrats on your acceptance :) ! I have my interview this Friday! Any advice you can give me?