General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*Updated*
Applied:
Tufts, NYU, Kean, Seton Hall, MGH IHP, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Thomas Jefferson
Interviews: UNE (Declined Interview), MGH, Sacred Heart (Declined Interview)
Acceptances: Tufts (11/1)*, MGH (12/19), NYU (2/7)
Waitlist:
Rejections:
TJU
*Attending Tufts*

congrats on your schools! I applied to Tufts and NYU and was rejected from Tufts lasr week lol. Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, when did you apply to NYU? Waiting anxiously for a response!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on your schools! I applied to Tufts and NYU and was rejected from Tufts lasr week lol. Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, when did you apply to NYU? Waiting anxiously for a response!
No problem! I'll cross my fingers for you!
GPA: 3.92
GRE: 165q, 160v, 5w
Undergrad: Brandeis University, Neuroscience
Observation Hours: 62 total hours (mostly geriatric and pediatric but 8 hours in hospital)
LOT: 1 employer, 1 site supervisor, 1 professor

I applied to NYU in late September!

Reactions: 1 users
No problem! I'll cross my fingers for you!
GPA: 3.92
GRE: 165q, 160v, 5w
Undergrad: Brandeis University, Neuroscience
Observation Hours: 62 total hours (mostly geriatric and pediatric but 8 hours in hospital)
LOT: 1 employer, 1 site supervisor, 1 professor

I applied to NYU in late September!
Did you get a response in the mail or email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god!!!! NYU emailed me today!! Yay!! Where is your top choice? NYU is one of my top choices, but tuition is so expensive
CONGRATS!!!!!! NYU, Tufts, and MGH were my tops! Tufts offered me the most scholarships and has a great pet assisted therapy group so I picked Tufts!

When did you hear back from UIC? Would you mind sharing your stats too?
I heard back from UIC on Jan 29th, and in terms of my stats, I have a 3.75 overall GPA with all B+ is my anatomy/physiology prereqs but A's in the rest. GRE scores 159 for verbal, 155 for quantitative, and 6.0 for writing. I have around 800 hours of volunteering at a school for kids with disabilities in Ecuador, and 150 hours in rehab/hospital settings here in the U.S. They said in the email that final decisions will be made around March 15th, so there's still more time! :)

Undergrad GPA: 3.06
GPA for Pre-Reqs: 3.85ish
GRE: Math 151, Verbal 162, Writing 4.5
Observation Hours: 80 or so at 4 different sites
I applied at six schools, and so far...

Applied at 6 programs, received offers from 3, interview offers at 2, haven't heard from the last one yet

My dream came true though because UTMB was the program I was aiming for and they invited me to attend last Friday :):):)

I'm a resident in Utah, so it was a wild surprise when I found out today that attending UTMB in Texas is actually cheaper than Utah's program. $50/credit for in state residents?? That's mind blowing. I plan on moving in May so that way I'll only have to pay out of state tuition for the first two semesters when I begin the program.

CONGRATS!!!!!! NYU, Tufts, and MGH were my tops! Tufts offered me the most scholarships and has a great pet assisted therapy group so I picked Tufts!
Congrats! That's awesome!!

Applied: Rush University, Midwestern University (IL), Washington University in St. Louis
Interview: Rush (1/14), Midwestern (3/13, although may decline)
Accepted: Washington University in St. Louis (2/8)
Rejected:

Has anyone heard back from Rush? At my interview session they said we should hear final decisions anytime from Feb. 1 - Mid-March.

Congrats everyone!

I got into NYU!! Has anyone heard about scholarships from NYU? I realized that I didn't put NYU in my fafsa application so I resubmitted yesterday. I really hope that doesn't hurt my aid chances

Applied: Rush University, Midwestern University (IL), Washington University in St. Louis
Interview: Rush (1/14), Midwestern (3/13, although may decline)
Accepted: Washington University in St. Louis (2/8)
Rejected:

Has anyone heard back from Rush? At my interview session they said we should hear final decisions anytime from Feb. 1 - Mid-March.

Congrats everyone!
I interviewed in December and we were told mid-February but I haven't heard anything yet. I know they interview until March so I'm not sure how many seats they offer each round. Good luck!

Hi all! Has anyone applied to D'Youville's OT program? If so, has anyone heard back? I know they said end of January/early February they would send out acceptances.

Thanks!

Hey! I applied to D'Youville's MSOT as well and haven't heard anything back yet. We were told a while ago we would hear by the 15th, which was yesterday, so I am assuming we should be getting our letters by this Tuesday at the very earliest because Monday is a federal holiday. I e-mailed an advisor there asking if they've been sent out yet (because I was curious as to if they were just very behind and haven't even made all their final decisions yet) but I am assuming I won't hear anything back from her until Wednesday since their Winter break ends then.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I applied to D'Youville's MSOT as well and haven't heard anything back yet. We were told a while ago we would hear by the 15th, which was yesterday, so I am assuming we should be getting our letters by this Tuesday at the very earliest because Monday is a federal holiday. I e-mailed an advisor there asking if they've been sent out yet (because I was curious as to if they were just very behind and haven't even made all their final decisions yet) but I am assuming I won't hear anything back from her until Wednesday since their Winter break ends then.

I actually just recieved my acceptance letter from D'Youville in the mail yesterday, so they've been sent out. Hopefully you'll receive yours soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I actually just recieved my acceptance letter from D'Youville in the mail yesterday, so they've been sent out. Hopefully you'll receive yours soon!

Oh, that's awesome, congratulations!! Thank you, I'll be on the lookout - fingers crossed.

I got into NYU!! Has anyone heard about scholarships from NYU? I realized that I didn't put NYU in my fafsa application so I resubmitted yesterday. I really hope that doesn't hurt my aid chances

I haven’t heard anything about scholarships yet:( I submitted my FAFSA application back in November.

Update:

Applied: UW, Puget Sound, Pacific University, USC, Samuel Merritt, Columbia, NYU, LLU

Interviews: Samuel Merritt (12/15), Loma Linda (declined)
Waitlist: Samuel Merritt
Rejections:
Acceptances: USC (12/20), NYU (2/8), Puget Sound (2/14)

Congrats to everyone getting into schools, and good luck to everyone waiting!

I just heard back from my acceptance to D'Youville too! Are you going to go?? I accepted somewhere else, but now I'm torn!

Applied: Shenandoah University- Leesburg, Howard, USA-Miami, TJU, Trinity Washington

Interviews: Shenandoah, USA, Howard
Waitlist:
Rejections: TJU
Acceptances: Shenandoah, USA, Howard

Last edited:
I just heard back from my acceptance to D'Youville too! Are you going to go?? I accepted somewhere else, but now I'm torn!
Congrats on the acceptance! No, I'm not planning on attending there. I've also accepted a position at another school, but am still waiting to hear back from my top choice.

Hi!
I am currently waiting to hear back from DYC, but I currently reside in Ohio, are you in NY because I am freaking out bc it is taking so long, also did it come in a big packet and when is the deadline for the deposit?

Hi!
I am currently waiting to hear back from DYC, but I currently reside in Ohio, are you in NY because I am freaking out bc it is taking so long, also did it come in a big packet and when is the deadline for the deposit?

Hi! I haven't officially received the letter in the mail yet. I've been frequently logging into the portal (you should have received an email from DYC) to see if anything had been announced. When I had signed in, I saw that an application had been created on 2/15, but it didn't say anything more. When I saw that I was confused so I reached out to one of the recruiters and they contacted me saying I had been accepted, and that the letter should be arriving soon. So check your portal and see if there have been any changes.

Good luck!

Hi! I haven't officially received the letter in the mail yet. I've been frequently logging into the portal (you should have received an email from DYC) to see if anything had been announced. When I had signed in, I saw that an application had been created on 2/15, but it didn't say anything more. When I saw that I was confused so I reached out to one of the recruiters and they contacted me saying I had been accepted, and that the letter should be arriving soon. So check your portal and see if there have been any changes.

Good luck!
Hi, which portal because I applied through OTCAS?

Actually, I went into my DYC login thing and it also said application submitted on 2/15 as well, I hope that it means I got in

I think it might! When I saw that, thats when I contacted them and they called me back with the news.

Thanks! yeah sure

University: UC Berkeley
Major/Minor: Molecular and Cell Biology (major), Toxicology (minor)
Overall GPA: 3.46
GRE: 161v, 160q, 5.0a
Observation Hours: 80 outpatient peds, 39 hand therapy, 45 inpatient rehab, 7 school setting
LOR: 1 OT, 1 professor, 1 supervisor ar volunteering site
Hi! I saw that you also applied to SMU and LLU. Did you hear back from them?

Hi! I saw that you also applied to SMU and LLU. Did you hear back from them?

hey! yeah i interviewed at samuel merritt and got waitlisted, and i declined an interview at loma linda and withdrew my application.

Schools I'm Applying to: NYU, SUNY Downstate, Touro, Seton Hall, Stockton, Hofstra, Gwynedd Mercy, Springfield, Bay Path, Wesley

Interviews: Gwynedd Mercy(declined), Springfield(declined)
Acceptances: Bay Path!
Waitlisted: NYU
Denials: Hofstra, Stockton

Last edited:
Hello! I wanted to join in on this thread :)

Psychology Major
GPA: 3.62
GRE: 157V, 160Q, 4.0
Observation: 40 hours at an elementary school, hippotherapy organization, and private office (Weakest part of my application, but it was hard to get a ton of hours while working full time and going to night classes for pre-reqs! But I emphasized how my current job at a research foundation relates to evidence-based practice in OT)
Letters of Rec (3) : Occupational Therapist I shadowed, Lab Director at my current job, Army mentor and professor
Applied: D'Youville, TJU, Howard, USC, Nova, Brenau, University of Florida
Interview: TJU (11/9)
Rejections:
Acceptances:
-----UPDATE----
Interview: TJU (11/9), Brenau (1/18 invite, I declined)
Rejections:
Acceptances: TJU (11/23), USC (12/20)!, D'Youville (2/21)

I interviewed in December and we were told mid-February but I haven't heard anything yet. I know they interview until March so I'm not sure how many seats they offer each round. Good luck!
I was interviewed in Nov and notified acceptance end of jan

Hey! Any updates on D'Youville for you? I did receive my letter last week. Best of luck!

Hi everyone!
Applied: UTEP, Midwestern (AZ), Emory and Henry, Howard, Nova, Utica, AdventHealth, Abilene Christian, Brenau, MCPHS, and Trinity
Interviews:
Rejections:
Waitlisted: Midwestern (waitlisted for interview)
UPDATE
Interviews: Nova (declined), Emory and Henry (declined)
Accepted: UTEP where I will attend! :)

Anyone on the waitlist for Temple? They said the ranking would be made in February, wondering if anyone has heard back.

Update:
Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Temple, TJU, MGH, Tufts, UW Madison, Chatham, BU
Accepted: Tufts, TJU, BU
Waitlisted: Temple, NYU
Rejected: MGH, UW Madison
Interviews: MGH, Chatham (turned down), Temple, TJU, BU

Hello! I wanted to join in on this thread :)

Psychology Major
GPA: 3.62
GRE: 157V, 160Q, 4.0
Observation: 40 hours at an elementary school, hippotherapy organization, and private office (Weakest part of my application, but it was hard to get a ton of hours while working full time and going to night classes for pre-reqs! But I emphasized how my current job at a research foundation relates to evidence-based practice in OT)
Letters of Rec (3) : Occupational Therapist I shadowed, Lab Director at my current job, Army mentor and professor
Interview: TJU (11/9)
Rejections:
Acceptances:
-----UPDATE----
Interview: TJU (11/9), Brenau (1/18 invite, I declined)
Rejections:
Waitlist: UF (3/6)
Acceptances: TJU (11/23), USC (12/20)!, D'Youville (2/21)

*Updated*

Applied: Huntington University, KU Med.
Interviews: Huntington, 11/9/19. KU Med, 2/8/19
Accepted: Huntington, 11/15, KU Med 2/26/19

Was moved off the waitlist at rockhurst, and will be accepting

Hi! I have also been accepted for NYU's Fall 2019 OT MS Cohort. Will you be attending?

Update:

Applied: UW, Puget Sound, Pacific University, USC, Samuel Merritt, Columbia, NYU, LLU

Interviews: Samuel Merritt (12/15), Loma Linda (declined)
Waitlist: Samuel Merritt
Rejections:
Acceptances: USC (12/20), NYU (2/8), Puget Sound (2/14)

Congrats to everyone getting into schools, and good luck to everyone waiting!
Hi! Congrats on your acceptances. I also got into NYU, will you be attending?

Applied: SJSU, CSUDH, Samuel Merritt, USA San Marcos, Dominican University, AT Still, LLU
Interviews: Samuel Merritt (12/15), Loma Linda (10/26), AT Still (10/26), Dominican U (2/8) USA (2/12)
Waitlist: Samuel Merritt-4 (1/25)
Rejections: CSUDH, LLU, Unofficially from SJSU
Acceptances: USA (2/19), AT Still (11/1), Dominican (2/15)

I have already declined my spot at USA so right now I'm looking at Dominican at AT Still and possibly Samuel Merritt if I am able to get off the waitlist! Any input on any of these programs would be greatly appreciated!!

I hadn't heard either so I emailed them last night for an update on the process and I received a letter than I am on the waitlist. Maybe try to email them!

Hahah me too. It’s stinks that they took so long just to tell me I was on the waitlist.

Hi Everyone,
Congrats on all your acceptances!
I was wondering what people knew about the WashU and the OSU waitlist.

Hi! Has anyone heard back from University of Minnesota?

Hey! Anyone hear back from Midwestern University Downers Grove IL?