Who here got into school after applying after August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted925031

Has anyone gotten into a school after applying in August, September, October, onwards?

Members don't see this ad.

I took my DAT 8/9 last year and didn't apply until 8/24 (primary submitted for some schools, last secondary was finished 10/5 for LLU). Had a successful cycle :) Applied to like 13-14, interview invites from 8 (2 were pre-Dec dates-USC & UCLA), attended 4 of those interviews (the SoCal ones), got into all 4 (UCLA on 12/1, the rest later on, and USC on 5/10/18 :rofl:). Feel free to ask questions! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a friend who applied in late August and got in, but she had stellar stats.

I won't be able to submit my application until later so I was curious. I luckily have my DAT done with and my GPA is solid. I also sent in my transcript. Is there anything I can do at this moment so things don't take weeks to process once I get to click that submit button later?
Transcript and GPA won't be verified (and the process doesn't really begin) until you hit submit. Good luck!

I had 20AA 21TS and applied to schools the last week of August. I got confirmation from schools that my app was complete around the end of the first week of September.

I took my DAT 8/9 last year and didn't apply until 8/24 (primary submitted for some schools, last secondary was finished 10/5 for LLU). Had a successful cycle :) Applied to like 13-14, interview invites from 8 (2 were pre-Dec dates-USC & UCLA), attended 4 of those interviews (the SoCal ones), got into all 4 (UCLA on 12/1, the rest later on, and USC on 5/10/18 :rofl:). Feel free to ask questions! :)
Pshh, you and your 25AA and 3.90 :yeahright::rage:

Transcript and GPA won't be verified (and the process doesn't really begin) until you hit submit. Good luck!
can you submit to one school for everything to get verified then the rest later? As I am retaking the DAT and dont want schools to look at the first attempt only.

can you submit to one school for everything to get verified then the rest later? As I am retaking the DAT and dont want schools to look at the first attempt only.
Yup! It's recommended to do this, as it might take longer to get verified the later it gets in the cycle (you don't know how many people are in queue before you- could be many or could be few). Don't take any chances and just send it out to that one school now :) then take your DAT, add unofficial scores, apply to more schools, and work on secondaries as your DAT gets processed to become official. Good luck!

I applied in September last cycle and got 9 interviews and got into 4 schools. Apply broadly and make sure the other parts to your application are strong. Good luck! If you have any questions let me know!

I applied in September last cycle and got 9 interviews and got into 4 schools. Apply broadly and make sure the other parts to your application are strong. Good luck! If you have any questions let me know!
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I submitted in December. 5 post-Dec interviews with 3 acceptances, one off waitlist though. All private.