Who here has memorized their AMCAS ID Number

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Memorized your AMCAS ID?

• Abso friggin lutely

Votes: 198 87.2%
  • Im too cool for that (no)

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Don't have one yet

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Go home braluk

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like my own social security number....sigh thats just sad.

Members don't see this ad.

Of course, its 121*****.....well, you get the point ;)

braluk said:
Like my own social security number....sigh thats just sad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't have it memorized, it's not a bad idea to bring it to your interviews. I needed it a few times. Not that they wouldn't have been able to look it up, but at least I didn't have to ask.

Mine is very symmetrical, so it didn't take much effort.

i am surprised if anyone who has started filling out secondaries has not memorized it yet.

those who have yet to submit amcas n stuff that's a different story..

My number is the ages of three other people when I am 100.

i know it better than my SS#

I'd be worried about your memory if you don't have it memorized by the time you finish applying.

Robizzle said:
i am surprised if anyone who has started filling out secondaries has not memorized it yet.

those who have yet to submit amcas n stuff that's a different story..

yeah, it's pretty hard to not memorize it. secondaries even forced me to memorize my credit card number...which has made ordering takeout much easier ;)

I applied for the first time for 2004/2005, and then last year when I reapplied I had the same number. This year is number three and I still have the same ID. If I don't know it by now then I'm in trouble! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
jbrice1639 said:
yeah, it's pretty hard to not memorize it. secondaries even forced me to memorize my credit card number...which has made ordering takeout much easier ;)

The same thing happened to me . . . so many flights for interviews, hotel rooms, heck even the odd secondary I could pay online . . .

Memorizing your AAMC ID is just the first step in a long semi-toturous process. But I did have a lot of fun skipping out on whole weeks of class to fly around the country, made me feel special (and also somewhat unimportant because life at school went on whether I was there or not). Ah, memories . . .

it took me a while but I've got it down :thumbup: I also remember my Blockbuster employee number from five years ago and rattle it off instead of using a card. they look at me like I'm a freak "why does this woman have her blockbuster account number memorized?" I don't bother to explain it to them.

mustangsally65 said:
I applied for the first time for 2004/2005, and then last year when I reapplied I had the same number. This year is number three and I still have the same ID. If I don't know it by now then I'm in trouble! :p

good luck fellow three timer :D :luck:

I tatooed mine on my ass.

The "Go Home Braluk" votes are mounting!

I abso friggin lutely memorized mine - but that would have been a boring vote!

i memorized my amcas id back when i was applying. but then again, i also memorize my credit card numbers, pi to 100 digits at one point (down to 40something in my laziness), etc. :D

You'd better memorize 'cause they make you say it backwords really fast at interviews.

Sorry Braluck, I had to vote go home, it was to funny. But yes I did memorize it:)

doesn't that make you feel like a pathetic number in this already apathetic world? :D

this is my home, im not going anywhere to the seven ;)

wouldnt it be funny if u had to recite ur amcas backwards as a sobriety test

yobynaes said:
doesn't that make you feel like a pathetic number in this already apathetic world? :D

Not any worse than being at airborne school for 3 weeks known only as C477 (pronounced Charlie-four-seven-seven). By the end I didn't even remember that I had an actual name . . .

Wouldn't that be crazy at interviews to have people referred to only by AMCAS ID number? I'd laugh. Too bad they're so long . . . maybe on individual interview days just use last 4 digits?

i'm such a bum...i have my number saved on a post-it on my desktop wall paper cause i'm too lazy to memorize it. so i have to minimize all my browser windows to copy/paste it into all my forms...ironically i'm making more work for myself this way

It's not a bad idea to memorize it. With luck it will be your physician ID# someday. If you think you're sick of writing it now, just wait...

Thats nothing. THe other day I went to enter my Credit Card # for a secondary and I found myself instinctually typing it out without a glance to my card. Now THAT is scary.

hopster said:
Thats nothing. THe other day I went to enter my Credit Card # for a secondary and I found myself instinctually typing it out without a glance to my card. Now THAT is scary.

i have 2 of mine memorized from online ordering (mostly delivery food).

people are impressed when i am ordering by phone and just spit out the number and ex date with no card in hand

mines so easy u cant not memorize it...it only has 3 different numbers and they are all connected