Character

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
Status
Other Health Professions Student
hi everyone. I will be attending dartmouth this summer. Just wanted to see if anyone else will be going.

bornconfused

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I'll be at Dartmouth this July as well...I just decided, though, so I'm way behind in the game. Any advice on where to live/look for housing? or just advice in general? :)

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'll be at Dartmouth this July as well...I just decided, though, so I'm way behind in the game. Any advice on where to live/look for housing? or just advice in general? :)
I haven't applied to dartmouth yet. do you think i stand a chance?
3.56gpa, 34Q mcat

i want to pursue a career in medicine where I can also get involved with leadership and research in health care delivery. so thats why i'm doing this. didn't get into md/mph this year, so i'm just applying mph. i have one mph acceptance, but i was wondering if dartmouth would consider me at this point...

TunaTunes

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2009
Boston, MA
Status
I was accepted and I'm trying to decide right now. What made you choose? I'm making the decision between Dartmouth and Tufts.

waddupdoc

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
i'm trying to decide whether i should go to dartmouth as well! i'm debating between boston university and dartmouth. how did you choose?

honeysuckle

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Status
I just dropped my decisions for both Dartmouth and BU in the mail (accepted BU's offer, declined Dartmouth's offer). Hope I made the right decision. At one point Dartmouth was my top choice, but after thinking it over, the BU curriculum seems to be more aligned with my interests. I was also concerned about the ASPH accreditation thing.

I was surprised to get accepted to Dartmouth when my application wasn't complete until so late--my application didn't get sent to committee until March due to a missing LOR.

Ressig

Public Health Souljah
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2009
Status
Non-Student
do you guys know how long it takes to get a response from them?
i sent my materials about 3 weeks ago. do they send decisions by mail or email?

thanks!
it was about 4-5 weeks for me.

honeysuckle

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Status
It took them 3 weeks to review my application and get back with me. They send you an e-mail first, followed by a snail mail package. You can also check your status on the online application (several times a day, if you'd like....lol). Good luck :)

TunaTunes

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2009
Boston, MA
Status
It took them 3 weeks to review my application and get back with me. They send you an e-mail first, followed by a snail mail package. You can also check your status on the online application (several times a day, if you'd like....lol). Good luck :)
Same for me.

I decided early this week I'm heading to Dartmouth in July, now I just need to find a place to live. Any help there would be great!

srt52

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
posted this elsewhere, i think, but im a former mph-er returning to the upper valley, and i am looking for a female roommate to share a 2-bedroom condo in lebanon (5 miles from dhmc). message me for details. thanks!