Who is going to Temple -class of 2009-?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see who my future fellow classmates are. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

superman said:

i would like to be...we'll see how my interview goes :oops:

does anyone know the acceptance:interview ratio?

thnx

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to be too. Temple is my first choice. Had my interview Dec 8. I was very impressed by the school. Location is not bad at all either. I'm surprised ppl make such a big deal out of it, it seemed perfectly fine to me.

Noroozi said:
I would like to be too. Temple is my first choice. Had my interview Dec 8. I was very impressed by the school. Location is not bad at all either. I'm surprised ppl make such a big deal out of it, it seemed perfectly fine to me.
The people who make a big deal out of it are usually sheltered burbies

fruity_trident said:
i would like to be...we'll see how my interview goes :oops:

thnx

Hey fruity...when is your interview again??? If you wanna save money on a hotel, you are welcome to stay at my place...

Dr.BadVibes said:
Hey fruity...when is your interview again??? If you wanna save money on a hotel, you are welcome to stay at my place...

thanks buddy,
but my sister's friend lives in philly :)
mine is on the 7th of jan

Hey...if there is anyone that is interested in doing a Masters in Public health degree, please feel free to post or PM me and we'll chat. It looks like the dual MPH/DMD degree for Temple will be official by the time the Class of 2009 starts in September.

As healthcare professionals, I truly believe that more of us shoudl be taking more of a public health role in the community. Especially when you witness the sheer poverty that exists in this country everyday by going to school in North Philly.....the MPH is a lot of extra work on top of dental school but hopefully people will consider it...

fruity_trident said:
thanks buddy,
but my sister's friend lives in philly :)
mine is on the 7th of jan

Cool, when are u heading down to Philly? PM me right before your interview and we'll chat at school

Dr.BadVibes said:
Cool, when are u heading down to Philly? PM me right before your interview and we'll chat at school

that's great! thanks :thumbup:
my flight gets me there @ 2:57pm, so i'll check out philly & temple on thursday the 6th before the interview.
i usually like to know where the place is before hand, so i don't arrive late cuz i couldn't find it! :)

i tried to send a PM again. but ur box is full mr.popularity! lol :laugh: :D

fruity_trident said:

wow what a great question...too bad no one has answered it yet...

-talking to self...first signs of final exam anxiety- :laugh:

fruity_trident said:
wow what a great question...too bad no one has answered it yet...

-talking to self...first signs of final exam anxiety- :laugh:

i asked terry, the admissions lady, a while ago, and she told me that they accept about half of the interviewees....

Members don't see this ad :)
superman said:
i asked terry, the admissions lady, a while ago, and she told me that they accept about half of the interviewees....

50% :eek: .... :confused: ..... :scared: ....hmmmm..... :rolleyes: ..... :oops: ... ;) .... :cool: ....

i need some of this :luck: and some cleavage...and YAY, i can say 'hello d-school'.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

fruity_trident said:
50% :eek: .... :confused: ..... :scared: ....hmmmm..... :rolleyes: ..... :oops: ... ;) .... :cool: ....

i need some of this :luck: and some cleavage...and YAY, i can say 'hello d-school'.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

haha, what a good influence grinningrice is to our fellow female applicants! jk.

maybe you should ask admissions yourself to verify that 50% acceptance rate (acceptance:interview rate)....

superman said:
haha, what a good influence grinningrice is to our fellow female applicants! jk.

maybe you should ask admissions yourself to verify that 50% acceptance rate (acceptance:interview rate)....

oi, i'm fruity_trident! :eek: :D

fruity_trident said:
oi, i'm fruity_trident! :eek: :D

yes, but aren't we all aware of grinningrice's infamous incident?... :eek:

:)

cusp of carabelli said:
hehehe...that's why i'm hoping she comes to temple... ;) :love: :love:

what are u guys talking about??

fruity_trident said:
that's great! thanks :thumbup:
my flight gets me there @ 2:57pm, so i'll check out philly & temple on thursday the 6th before the interview.
i usually like to know where the place is before hand, so i don't arrive late cuz i couldn't find it! :)

i tried to send a PM again. but ur box is full mr.popularity! lol :laugh: :D

sorry for the full PM box...Ive made room if you wanna send another PM.

If you want, I can introduce you to the other Canadian students on the 6th...also where does your friend live? Perhaps you'd like to check out the area where most Temple dental students live?

Dr.BadVibes said:
sorry for the full PM box...Ive made room if you wanna send another PM.

If you want, I can introduce you to the other Canadian students on the 6th...also where does your friend live? Perhaps you'd like to check out the area where most Temple dental students live?

Where do most Temple dental students live? Roxborough?

superman said:

I'm seriously seriously considering it...like I even went to check out the apartments I would live in if I went there. Can't decide between there and Maryand...what helped you make your final decision??

Dr.BadVibes said:

I went to see Summit Park and Henry on the park yesterday...summit was more my place....do alot of students live there?

hey guys i had my interview on dec 7th, when do you think i would hear back?

JRA181 said:
I'm seriously seriously considering it...like I even went to check out the apartments I would live in if I went there. Can't decide between there and Maryand...what helped you make your final decision??

hey JRA181,

from the schools i was accepted to (Temple, NYU, BU), i chose temple because of but not limited to the following reasons: (i dunno how many times i shared this with others- haha- but my pleasure)

-lower tuiton and living expenses than NYU and BU (about $70K or more cheaper for 4 years)
-smaller class size than NYU (125 first year students vs. 268 students <268 according to ADEA, NYU says 230>, plus NYU adds about 100 foreign students the 2nd year!!!)
-abundant patient pool of temple (nyu has an abundant patient pool, too, but like i said, 300+ students is a lot....<even if they divide the class up into sections>)
-excellent clinical reputation of temple
-western regional board exam available at temple but NOT at NYU or BU
-possible merging of dental and nursing schools at NYU doesn't sound pleasant
-i've heard that it is hard to get a chair during clinical years at BU
-seems like there are too many externships at BU (possibly need to go out-of-state resulting in additional expenses and inconvenience)-- also, i am not too interested in the APEX program. also, it seems like the didactic courses are crammed to make time for APEX.
-can earn a MBA degree at no additional cost

ah, i think i'll stop there for now. there may be some more reasons i forgot to include, but it's 2 am. if anyone can add any positives of temple, feel free.

i am from california, so can you share any useful information you get on housing? thanks, i'd appreciate it a lot.

good luck in your decision-making process!

JRA181 said:

JRA181, forgot to mention this, but it seems you're a Pennsylvania resident, so you'd get in-state tuiton! it's about 10K a year cheaper than what i'd be paying. just something i would seriously consider.

:thumbup:

Just wondering if anyone who had an interview in
December got an acceptance yet? I interviewed the 8th, and I am very anxious, hoping to get accepted before Temple closes (if I do get accepted). I emailed Brian like he asked, but haven't heard anything from the school yet.

Thanks

anyone else?

can i get your contact info dr.badvibes?

thanks!!

happy new yr all! :D

fruity_trident said:
anyone else?

can i get your contact info dr.badvibes?

thanks!!

happy new yr all! :D

good luck on your interview fruity_trident! just relax and enjoy your trip because the interview is very laid-back and low-stress. :thumbup:

superman said:

Sup buddy,
i think i will be attending to temple for sure. i am from Cali too.

superman said:
good luck on your interview fruity_trident! just relax and enjoy your trip because the interview is very laid-back and low-stress. :thumbup:

great!
thanks superman. sounds like a great school..at least dr.badvibes makes it sounds bravisimmo ;) ...as do u!