Who Is Going To The Workshop At LLU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-dent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future Dr.'s,

I want to know who is going to the workshop at Loma Linda this summer?? :clap: It's going to be cool. And plus it can help us get into other schools as well. They teach you lots of stuff about Dentistry. Tell me that this won't sound good in your application??

Thanks
Mel :)

Members don't see this ad.

I might be attending.....Did u pay for it yet....cause I would be sending my check this Friday....after getting paid...

future_dentist said:
I might be attending.....Did u pay for it yet....cause I would be sending my check this Friday....after getting paid...

I am sending the check in no later than tomorrow like express mail. Just in case. I was told by someone in the admissions office that they have plenty of space right now. So I want to make sure my check arrives asap.

Thanks
Mel

p.s. I guess I'll see you there. I don't want to be lonely :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Mel,
Is this the one on July 16th-19th?

kkumalap said:
Hey Mel,
Is this the one on July 16th-19th?

Yes it is!! July 16th-19th. Held at the Prince Hall at LLU.

Mel :D

Is there a website that describes the contents and application process for the workshop?

If someone could post that, it would be much appreciated.

Hello,

It's official I'm going to the workshop, I paid and my spot is reserved. :D I even purchased the airplane tickets. :) No one else going??? :confused:

p.s. I would like to know someone a little by the time I go. This way I don't feel lonely. :oops:

pre-dent said:
Hello,

It's official I'm going to the worshop I paid and my spot is reserved. :D I even purchased the airplane tickets. :) No one else going??? :confused:

p.s. I would like to know someone a little by the time I go. This way I don't feel lonely. :oops:

i am considering attending the event, though i would like more information about it. also, would it be a waste to go if i don't plan on applying to LLU?

Hey Mel....I would be there....I got the letter from them in mail like on Sat...I think I would be staying in dorm...just wondering if u r staying there or in the INN...what airport are u landing Ontario or LAX...I am new to SDN so I am still learning to post and reply....

If I am reading this correctly, you all are going to be paying to shadow a dental student? Please tell me there's more to it than that.

organichemistry said:
i am considering attending the event, though i would like more information about it. also, would it be a waste to go if i don't plan on applying to LLU?

I don't think that it would be a waste, because you get to see many sides of dentistry. You also talk to faculty, dental students and advisors. It think this experience will help me with other schools as well. :D I can put it as an experience in my application to dental schools. It don't think this would hurt, a little extra you know. It can also show how eager I am to learn more about dentistry. :clap: :clap: :clap:
By speaking to dental students you get an idea of what to expect. I also get to see the campus, since I am applying there. Go to the website I gave in an earlier reply. I hope I see you there.

Mel :p

future_dentist said:
Hey Mel....I would be there....I got the letter from them in mail like on Sat...I think I would be staying in dorm...just wondering if u r staying there or in the INN...what airport are u landing Ontario or LAX...I am new to SDN so I am still learning to post and reply....

Hello future_dentist, :D

I will be staying with family in victorville. I have family all over California so by staying with them I will save me the money. I am landing at the San Diego airport then driving the same day by LLU. Where u flying from? And what airport are you landing at?? It will be awesome to know someone there. :p Are u a guy or a girl?? I'm a girl :p

Members don't see this ad :)
HermeytheElf said:
If I am reading this correctly, you all are going to be paying to shadow a dental student? Please tell me there's more to it than that.

Hey HermeytheElf, :D

There is more to it than that, you get to talk to faculty, advisors and dental students. You shadow dental students and I believe faculty as well. You learn about all the dental fields what options you have when going to d-school and so on. I think this will be a positive experience.
You also get to interact with other pre-dental students. :D

Well I live like 1 1/2 drive away....but would be working all day before the workshop....so did not want to drive back and forth for those few days....yep it would be great to know someone....cause dont wanna be a loner....I am guy... :cool:

future_dentist said:
Well I live like 1 1/2 drive away....but would be working all day before the workshop....so did not want to drive back and forth for those few days....yep it would be great to know someone....cause dont wanna be a loner....I am guy... :cool:

Great so I'll see you there. I'll pm u soon, to arrange something.

It will be fun :D

Mel

Sweet...

I'm thinking of going... I haven't signed up, though.. Does anybody know if it is full already?

Hopefully I'll see you guys there!

burton117 said:
Sweet...

I'm thinking of going... I haven't signed up, though.. Does anybody know if it is full already?

Hopefully I'll see you guys there!

Hello burton117, :D

It's not full yet last I heard. If you live in Cali, I suggest you call the admissions office first to make sure they have a spot for you and go in person to take the fee. Or overnight the payment if you live out of state :scared: . Let us know if you will make it, this way we can hang out. You know this way were not lonely during the workshop. :(

P.s. we can arrange something after you know for sure.

sounds interesting, any1 know of any other workshops at other schools?

Oops forgot to update...
Yeah I'll be attending. See you there Mel!

I went before, does not make any difference in admission. basically you just pay to visit the school and listen to instructors why LLU is better than other schools. I hate veggie foods

I was gonna be attending but then I got accepted to USC... so I'll be attending there instead. One more spot is available

SirShagaLot said:
sounds interesting, any1 know of any other workshops at other schools?

Not that I know of.

Mel

Oops forgot to update...
Yeah I'll be attending. See you there Mel!

Hello kkumalap, :D

I'll be glad to see you there. :D I will PM those that are going, closer to the date of the workshop to get familiar a bit. I WANT TO BE THE POPULAR ONE!!! :smuggrin: Just Kidding!!

trust068 said:
I went before, does not make any difference in admission. basically you just pay to visit the school and listen to instructors why LLU is better than other schools. I hate veggie foods

I had heard about this. I love veggies, BUT I NEED MY MEAT AS WELL. :D