Who is going to University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2010?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpoldds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its my first post, just trying to see and meet people who are going there. :D

Members don't see this ad.

drpoldds said:

The funny thing about this school is they call me about 2 wks ago saying that they want me to retake my DAT and I have already taken them twice, and now they have this stupid rule that you only have a max. attempt of 3. So I ask the admissions lady when do i have to have these scores in if i decide to retake them, and she says at the end of the month. The end of the month is like in one week, then she says the deadline is like on June 15th. But that still isn't enough time to study and score a decent score. Crap... dental school is so close yet so far... I just don't want to rush and take them .. do bad.. and never have another chance of taking them again. And say i do take them.. that doesn't seal the deal that they will accept me.. uff.. i hate this whole process. But just heads up for people in my boat still waiting, she said there was a couple of seats still left.. so for all of you waiting don't give up hope.

I just wrote them a letter b/c we all know getting through to them is impossible.. so the letter just expresses how much i want to go to school, and how DAT scores shouldn't play such a huge factor. Anyone else have a similar experience?? Well to all you SDN, wish me luck, keep me in your prayers.. and maybe I would get to join the class of 2010.

Caroline.

Members don't see this ad :)
drpoldds said:

HEy i ll be in ur class hopefully, when are u moving there?

sunflower1 said:
HEy i ll be in ur class hopefully, when are u moving there?

I actually live here in metro Detroit already. Where are you from?

CSade469 said:
The funny thing about this school is they call me about 2 wks ago saying that they want me to retake my DAT and I have already taken them twice, and now they have this stupid rule that you only have a max. attempt of 3. So I ask the admissions lady when do i have to have these scores in if i decide to retake them, and she says at the end of the month. The end of the month is like in one week, then she says the deadline is like on June 15th. But that still isn't enough time to study and score a decent score. Crap... dental school is so close yet so far... I just don't want to rush and take them .. do bad.. and never have another chance of taking them again. And say i do take them.. that doesn't seal the deal that they will accept me.. uff.. i hate this whole process. But just heads up for people in my boat still waiting, she said there was a couple of seats still left.. so for all of you waiting don't give up hope.

I just wrote them a letter b/c we all know getting through to them is impossible.. so the letter just expresses how much i want to go to school, and how DAT scores shouldn't play such a huge factor. Anyone else have a similar experience?? Well to all you SDN, wish me luck, keep me in your prayers.. and maybe I would get to join the class of 2010.

Caroline.

I think you can take the DAT as many times as you want, but they look at the last 3, but don't quote me, i might be wrong. :)

drpoldds said:
I actually live here in metro Detroit already. Where are you from?

New york city!!:D
I am soo exited I called the office yesterday and the lady told me if we got b higher in the last semseter we are okay:D
I will move there by end of July :D
since u live there, Can u advice me where is safe to live in? like which area?????????????????????????????????????
or do u know where the school will be moving to?:hungover:

sunflower1 said:
I am soo exited I called the office yesterday and the lady told me if we got b higher in the last semseter we are okay:D
since u live there, Can u advice me where is safe to live in? like which area?????????????????????????????????????

I talked to admissions where and when the school will be moving, they told me that it will most likely be when we are in our third year there. They are either moving to the DMC (detroit medical center, which is downtown) or to UDM main campus. Not sure yet. As to good areas to stay I would probably say Southfiled is good, so is Birmingham( about 15 mins highway) royal oak and other areas around there are ok.
I live about 30 miles from the dental school in norhern suburbs, so it takes me about one hour to get there in traffic. Ok then, if you need any more info just write it down. bye

sunflower1 said:

Does anyone know if they send you a letter after they see your transcripts? I got a C+ in one of my classes, but a B or better in the rest. I'm kinda scared now that you say we need a B or higher :( Is anyone in the same situation or know anything about that?

I am going to Detroit Mercy as well. Looking for a place now. I found nice apartments for around 500-600$. Do you guys know any other nice places to live near University? If anybody wants to share apartment let me as well. I am debating on whether to share or rent on my own.

Where is everybody from?
I am from Toronto, Canada.