Who is petitioning to retake a fourth time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jo07

Dingo
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently petitioned to retake the DAT a fouth time? If so, any advice for it?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

do you seriously have enough motivation to take it a fourth time after already trying three and i also dont know how good thatll look to dental schools.

do you seriously have enough motivation to take it a fourth time after already trying three and i also dont know how good thatll look to dental schools.

it will look lovely to dental schools cuz it will show his dedication to dentistry which is just what dental schools are looking for

Members don't see this ad :)
it will look lovely to dental schools cuz it will show his dedication to dentistry which is just what dental schools are looking for

I wouldn't go that far. I talked to an admissions director and she said that they prefer you to study for it once, take it once, and do well on it once. Although it shows dedication, I would say that you would need considerable improvement if taking a 4th time.

well, if there is something out there that you want bad enough-especially something you will be doing the rest of your life- I think it is worth trying for until you get it.

Maybe it's just me. But anywho, back to the question. Anyone? Thanks!

Hey more power to you -- I think it's pretty lame if people on here try to discourage you. Good luck and I hope things go well.

Good luck to you. Do well. I think you should get as many tries as you want but then again I struggle with myself. If you take a test 10 times, and do GREAT one time, but do horrible the 9 other times then what does that say? My argument is flawed in the fact that every test is different in that you get different questions for each one. Anyway, I don't know where I was going with that. Good luck, don't know about the fourth time question, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.