1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is petitioning to retake a fourth time?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Jo07, May 28, 2008.

1. Jo07

Jo07 Dingo
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Has anyone recently petitioned to retake the DAT a fouth time? If so, any advice for it?

Thanks in advance.

2. yomikepump

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    do you seriously have enough motivation to take it a fourth time after already trying three and i also dont know how good thatll look to dental schools.

3. 113zami

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    it will look lovely to dental schools cuz it will show his dedication to dentistry which is just what dental schools are looking for

4. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Only if you've been improving on your scores.

5. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I wouldn't go that far. I talked to an admissions director and she said that they prefer you to study for it once, take it once, and do well on it once. Although it shows dedication, I would say that you would need considerable improvement if taking a 4th time.

6. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I usually do some sort of pre-test ritual to make myself feel better. I know, I know, it's all in the head.

Good luck! :)

7. Jo07

Jo07 Dingo
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    well, if there is something out there that you want bad enough-especially something you will be doing the rest of your life- I think it is worth trying for until you get it.

Maybe it's just me. But anywho, back to the question. Anyone? Thanks!

8. cougarblue84

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey more power to you -- I think it's pretty lame if people on here try to discourage you. Good luck and I hope things go well.

9. daviddav

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Good luck to you. Do well. I think you should get as many tries as you want but then again I struggle with myself. If you take a test 10 times, and do GREAT one time, but do horrible the 9 other times then what does that say? My argument is flawed in the fact that every test is different in that you get different questions for each one. Anyway, I don't know where I was going with that. Good luck, don't know about the fourth time question, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.