• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bioboy2007

Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
58
0
36
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I've been reading a lot of posts talking about 'premed machine.' Is this a real SDN user (if so, sorry that I singled you out) or is this just a hypothetical pure premed gunner?
 

ADeadLois

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
3,158
7
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
bioboy2007 said:
I've been reading a lot of posts talking about 'premed machine.' Is this a real SDN user (if so, sorry that I singled you out) or is this just a hypothetical pure premed gunner?

Pre-med machine was a troll in the MCAT forum who claimed he was getting 41s on practice tests and impuning anyone who got below him. I actually found it someone entertaining when someone would take his posts seriously.
 

Hardbody

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
743
2
Status (Visible)
ADeadLois said:
Pre-med machine was a troll in the MCAT forum who claimed he was getting 41s on practice tests and impuning anyone who got below him. I actually found it someone entertaining when someone would take his posts seriously.

How did you get a letter grade on a practice test?
 
About the Ads

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
6,265
2
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think premed_machine is the most famous SDN troll in recent history. :laugh:

I find him funny in retrospect but didn't think he was so amusing when we were just weeks away from the MCAT. ;)
 

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,809
6
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
oxeye said:
I think premed_machine is the most famous SDN troll in recent history. :laugh:

I find him funny in retrospect but didn't think he was so amusing when we were just weeks away from the MCAT. ;)
that's bunk. he was a useful addition to the MCAT discussion. just because he studies for 23 1/2 hours a day stopping only to devour small puppies to keep up his energy is not reason for you to hate.

:smuggrin:
 

kirexhana

Make Me A Sandwich.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,395
4
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Anastasis said:
that's bunk. he was a useful addition to the MCAT discussion. just because he studies for 23 1/2 hours a day stopping only to devour small puppies to keep up his energy is not reason for you to hate.

:smuggrin:

mmm, i'm not that big a fan of your current avatar. it's like vin diesel trying to look like eminem on steroids. although marshall mathers is rather good looking in his own way...
 
About the Ads

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,809
6
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
kirexhana said:
mmm, i'm not that big a fan of your current avatar. it's like vin diesel trying to look like eminem on steroids. although marshall mathers is rather good looking in his own way...
I just dig his shoulders in that pic really. :D

And for the record, I thought Eminem was hot in 8 mile.
 

DrHusky

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
78
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Zoom-Zoom said:
premed_machine's tears cure cancer, too bad he has never cried.

premed_machine is starting to sound like Chuck Norris (walker texas ranger).

"There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures premed_machine has allowed to live."
 

Zoom-Zoom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
2,008
6
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
DrHusky said:
premed_machine is starting to sound like Chuck Norris (walker texas ranger).

Premed-machine doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is
 

durfen

I see plans within plans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
1,650
1
Kaitain
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
bioboy2007 said:
I've been reading a lot of posts talking about 'premed machine.' Is this a real SDN user (if so, sorry that I singled you out) or is this just a hypothetical pure premed gunner?

You have to take the blue pill to find out, Neo.
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,823
65
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
so did he get banned for trolling? Or is he still lurking around?

By the way, what is the exact definition of trolling?
 

LifetimeDoc

EM Attending
10+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
2,845
61
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
braluk said:
By the way, what is the exact definition of trolling?

Examples...

1. Should I retake the MCAT with a 38?
2. I'm so depressed, I only have a 3.8 and a 36 on the MCAT. I'm never getting in :(
3. Anything talking about AA or URM, or controversial subjects that people love to derail or ban.
4. You're an idiot if you didn't submit your AMCAS by June 15th!
5. I've got family connections to Harvard, but I had my heart set on Ross

Add your own fun trolling topics... :D
 
About the Ads

zach1201

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2006
433
0
Status (Visible)
When premed_machine goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket.



(a la Chuck Norris)
 

Caristra

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2004
704
6
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
LifetimeDoc said:
Examples...

1. Should I retake the MCAT with a 38?
2. I'm so depressed, I only have a 3.8 and a 36 on the MCAT. I'm never getting in :(
3. Anything talking about AA or URM, or controversial subjects that people love to derail or ban.
4. You're an idiot if you didn't submit your AMCAS by June 15th!
5. I've got family connections to Harvard, but I had my heart set on Ross

Add your own fun trolling topics... :D

6. Title of thread: "Huge life CRISIS". And inside is not a request for a kidney donor or even failing out of school. Instead it's "I got into Harvard, Yale and full ride to Michigan but can't decide where to go" Please god let me have such a crisis. I think somehow I'll manage :laugh:
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,823
65
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
ooo sooo basically everyone here on SDN
OOO SNAP SDN WATCHU GOIN TO DO HUH WATCHU GOIN TO DO

ok ill stop my trolling ;)
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,823
65
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
looks like my donor status kicked IN WOOP
 

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
4,259
1
The Dirty South
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think premedmachine did indeed get banned, but like the phoenix, he returned with his second incarnation of premedmachine2. His avatar was the standard one with the surgeon mask and everytime I see someone join with it, my heart skips a beat. His 24/7 trolling (he could afford to, he already was certain of a 45) in the MCAT forum was amusing, but his legend keeps growing over time.

If Chuck Norris had a child, he would be it.
 

Gabujabu

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
527
2
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
A picture of premed machine, the famous troll.

 

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
20,793
106
SOCMOB
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Dr Durden said:
I think premedmachine did indeed get banned, but like the phoenix, he returned with his second incarnation of premedmachine2. His avatar was the standard one with the surgeon mask and everytime I see someone join with it, my heart skips a beat. His 24/7 trolling (he could afford to, he already was certain of a 45) in the MCAT forum was amusing, but his legend keeps growing over time.

If Chuck Norris had a child, he would be it.
Surgeon Mask avatars are so derivitive.
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,823
65
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i decided to go with the standard bottle up the butt xray avatar instead
 

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
3,596
3
On SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
With a 45 MCAT, shouldn't premed-machine now be something like, "med_machine". Or, "M1_Supreme". Yeh, from premed_machine to M1_ Supreme. :thumbup: (Hope there isn't actually someone with that handle, would be too funny) :laugh:
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,823
65
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Haemulon said:
With a 45 MCAT, shouldn't premed-machine now be something like, "med_machine". Or, "M1_Supreme". Yeh, M1_Supreme rules all. :thumbup: (Hope there isn't actually someone with that handle, would be too funny) :laugh:
haha sounds like an order at taco bell
 

MasterMD

it's a smile on the rocks
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
560
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Dr Durden said:
I think premedmachine did indeed get banned, but like the phoenix, he returned with his second incarnation of premedmachine2. His avatar was the standard one with the surgeon mask and everytime I see someone join with it, my heart skips a beat. His 24/7 trolling (he could afford to, he already was certain of a 45) in the MCAT forum was amusing, but his legend keeps growing over time.

If Chuck Norris had a child, he would be it.

everytime i see the surgeon mask avatar i assume its him unless proven otherwise. :laugh:
 
About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.