Khurram

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
hey everybody.
well now that it seems like everybody and their uncle have been called for a NYU interview how many of you are still waiting like me? Please post ure scores so we can see who is still waiting and in what score range they are...i talk to NYU yesterday, said my application is still under reivew...any idea when the new batch of interveiw letters will be sent (third batch)
84. 3.75, 300

denzel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2004
Status
Hi,

I am also waiting for the call, but I do not think I will be called for the interview, my scores are 82, and 3.2. I am looking at the options for next year, why didnt u try to take the exam again for this year?

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
Khurram said:
hey everybody.
well now that it seems like everybody and their uncle have been called for a NYU interview how many of you are still waiting like me? Please post ure scores so we can see who is still waiting and in what score range they are...i talk to NYU yesterday, said my application is still under reivew...any idea when the new batch of interveiw letters will be sent (third batch)
84. 3.75, 300
I am still waiting (86/273/3.79). I think someone with 85 called for interview sometime in Feb! So I don't understand NYU criteria. I am still an optimist as some of the NYU acceptees sure to move to Michigan, Nova and U pitt. So by April-May our turn will come. I don't want to be proved wrong!! :D

rahmed

blacktooth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Khurram said:
hey everybody.
84. 3.75, 300
relax!my application reached them yesterday.my stas:89%,3.67,263.they said they are interviewing until april.good luck to all :luck: :thumbup:

jimmyhere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
blacktooth said:
relax!my application reached them yesterday.my stas:89%,3.67,263.they said they are interviewing until april.good luck to all :luck: :thumbup:
Well I am confused. I got 82, 3.2, 250.
Applied in December 04. Waiting for the interview. I don't want to waist my time. WAnt to take either part 1 again or part 2 to improve my chances. What you guys think about it?

thanks
jimmy

denzel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2004
Status
Hi Jimmy,

Do u think score of 82 has any chance? I was told that people with 82 got in last year, what do u think? do u know any one who got in with that score? I too have 82 and I gave up my hope. Whats ur opinion?

jimmyhere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
denzel said:
Hi Jimmy,

Do u think score of 82 has any chance? I was told that people with 82 got in last year, what do u think? do u know any one who got in with that score? I too have 82 and I gave up my hope. Whats ur opinion?
I am going to wait till FEb...I am going to wait till end of Feb.Then start the preparationa gain for part 1.

thanks
Jimmy

mrk75

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
Status
Hi.I send my application in the end of January.My scores 85 257 3.39.I am preparing to take part 1 again march/april.

toothie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
Status
jimmyhere said:
Well I am confused. I got 82, 3.2, 250.
Applied in December 04. Waiting for the interview. I don't want to waist my time. WAnt to take either part 1 again or part 2 to improve my chances. What you guys think about it?

thanks
jimmy
give part 1 again....rather than giving part2
all the best

gpg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
India
Visit site
Status
I would say,start preparing for Part I right away. That way you will not regret having wasted the time right now. At the most you will get a call and this prep will not be needed. Thats ok is it not?

OP
K

Khurram

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
hey everyone,
good to know i'm not alone!
i applied back in mid september and i'm still waitnig i know they called 85 scores so i'm hoping theyh willl call 84's in the next batch that will start in march i think i'm an optimist too...good luck guys, keep me updated

spowari

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status
hey i'm in the list too.i applied in the jan .........actually quite late..nyu is my only hope.lets pray and keep our fingers crossed.

spowari

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status
spowari said:
hey i'm in the list too.i applied in the jan .........actually quite late..nyu is my only hope.lets pray and keep our fingers crossed.
hi there, i called them and they said its under reveiw.waiting to hear from there side.this wait is killing.i wish i could know today itself if they are going to call and accept me.its very difficult to wait.

inder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
hey guys even i am inthe list
status
ndbpart1=82
part2=78
toefl=247
gpa=3.6

inder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
Khurram said:
hey everyone,
good to know i'm not alone!
i applied back in mid september and i'm still waitnig i know they called 85 scores so i'm hoping theyh willl call 84's in the next batch that will start in march i think i'm an optimist too...good luck guys, keep me updated
hey!
did u hear anything from nyu ,if u get a call than we can get little hopefull!!!
i think applied at the wrong time ,i regret not applying last year

mrk75

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
Status
Hi!I recived the invitation for interview letter today.I am going to call them tomorrow to schedule the date.

inder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
mrk75 said:
Hi!I recived the invitation for interview letter today.I am going to call them tomorrow to schedule the date.
congratulations!!!!
u did it atlast!!

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
well,i'm just coool,lite&eazzzy!'m everywhere but.
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hi guys,
still waiting 4 an interview call!!!!!!!!i called up ample no.of times 2 know about my application status,but...same old story...my appln. is under review!is it really worth waiting so long 4 d interview?my stats-85,260.3.5.the wait is is really painstaking!!!!!i'm really getting frustrated!i know few of u guys r in the same boat!but what can we do?i really dont have the answer.well just keep ur fingers crossed & hope 4 d best!
prady

inder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
hey what happened everyone is so quite now ,did anybody else hear from nyu for april interviews

OP
K

Khurram

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
i'm quiet cuz i'm depressed...everyday that passes i get nothing...and i emailed NYU yesterday and got the same tired response of it being complete and under review...i'm afraid our luck is running out...
:(

G

gdent

hi i am new to the forum ... Am waiting to get a call from NYU have got a part1 score 82 . would like advise as to whether i should sit for part1 or part2 now .

SJ35

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2004
AZ
Visit site
Status
Dentist
I am waiting for NYU interview call also. My NDBE score is 83. But at the same time I am studying to retake the exam. Don't think this score will get me anywhere, so hope to improve it and get into two-year program next year. NYU is too expencive anyways :)

profile76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
gdent said:
hi i am new to the forum ... Am waiting to get a call from NYU have got a part1 score 82 . would like advise as to whether i should sit for part1 or part2 now .
my advise to u is, to appear for part 1 again. good luck with ur prep.

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
mrk75 said:
Hi mrk75

when was your interview at NYU and how did it go? did you hear anything from NYU yet?

rahmed

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey molaris,
have u received anything from nyu?nothing from my side!any fresh updates?prady
molaris said:
hi
I am sailing in the same boat as you guys .Desperatly waiting for an interview call from nyu.My stats are:84,270,3.41.I dont want to retake
part 1 as studying again is like a nightmare to me.
I am trying to be patient and i would suggest all those waiting for a call to be optimistic.
MOLARIS

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hello rahmed, got anything positive from nyu yet!all the best!
rahmed said:
Hi mrk75

when was your interview at NYU and how did it go? did you hear anything from NYU yet?

rahmed

OP
K

Khurram

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
NYC
Visit site
Status
Hey molaris, prady,
what's up people,
i'm still waiting as well..although it seems pretty hopeless now..it seems like they dind't call anyone below an 85 this time...amy at nyu said i will be receiving some correspondonce soon, but i can tell that will be a rejection letter :( ...oh well what can i do..i'm right with u molaris and prady, all three of us have nightmares about studying again for that bloody, exam, it was the worst 3 months of my life when i did it the first time and doing it all over again seems impossible...
keep me posted on any events,
good luck to both of you
khurram
ps. my stats in case ure wondering/forgot are 84, 300, 3.75

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey molaris,
have u received anything from nyu?any updates?plz.respond soon!prady

Soniredy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status
I applied pretty late and I am still waiting for interview my stats are - 85/3.92/285. Please keep me updated if anyone hears anything ...

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hi soniredy,when did u apply?whatz the status of ur application now?have u called them up recently?i'm also waiting 4 the call.reply soon,prady
Soniredy said:
I applied pretty late and I am still waiting for interview my stats are - 85/3.92/285. Please keep me updated if anyone hears anything ...

molaris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status
Hi Guys,
Even i am sailing in the same boat.Waiting for Nyu call since december.
Do you guys think that we stand some chance thr or one shld start praparation for boards again.
Anyways Good luck to all my friends who are waiting .
Molaris

Soniredy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status
prady said:
hi soniredy,when did u apply?whatz the status of ur application now?have u called them up recently?i'm also waiting 4 the call.reply soon,prady
Hey Prady,

I have applied just before the deadline (March 5) but since, I recently took my toefl - my scores have not reached them yet :( Hopefully they will have it by this weekend.

Prady, When did you apply and Have you been called for an interview yet?

dent_rana

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
hi guys...me in the same boat tooo..,..i have emailed Amy Knowles gazillion times,,,same answer evreytime....its still under review...huh!!!
my stats r
do u think i hav any chance............

Soniredy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status
prady said:

stats are 85/283/3.92

Rahmed,

What are your scores?

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
Soniredy said:
stats are 85/283/3.92

Rahmed,

What are your scores?
86/273/3.79. NYU Intv date March 31....waitlisted.

Good luck :thumbup:

rahmed

profile76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
rahmed said:
86/273/3.79. NYU Intv date March 31....waitlisted.

Good luck :thumbup:

rahmed
did u get any letter from nyu
i got a rejection letter today.hey what do u think about the international programme they offer.they send me letter offering me that programme. i have one of my friend who got admission into adv placement during that course. just give me some advise about it.

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
profile76 said:
i got a rejection letter today.hey what do u think about the international programme they offer.they send me letter offering me that programme. i have one of my friend who got admission into adv placement during that course. just give me some advise about it.
Hi profile76

I am really sorry to hear about the rejection. I don't know what to say. My advice is to start preparing for the Part 1 examination and retake it sometime end of July or early August as one needs at least 3 months to prepare. I don't know the details of these international programs but as far as I remember you won't get any academic/clinical credit out of those programs if you are going to practice in USA. Of course before taking a decision look at the details.

Although I am waitlisted by NYU there is a very slim chance for me to get into the program this year. So far I haven't heard anything from them. NYU was my only hope. And hence I am retaking Part 1 in mid August.

Please feel free to ask me any Q in the future.

Best wishes,

rahmed

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
profile76 said:
If joining international program helps you to get a seat in NYU then look into that aspect. Make the deal with them beforehand about your seat.

rahmed

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
sorry 4 the rejection!my adv. start preparing 4 nbde 1!what else i can say!just chin up & go ahead in life!
wish u all the best for ur future endeavours.
regards
prady
profile76 said:
!

toothie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
Status
profile76 said:
hi ,
i have a friend who last year was offfered the same thing. she did her AEGD for a year with the confidence that the following year she would be definately given a seat in the class of 2008...
if u are sure that u dont want to repeat ure exam to improve ure score and want to be sure of getting placed next year then go for it.
i dont know what ure score is.. im presuming that ther is potential for improvement. its ure choice.
plus i think they willl make u pay for the AEDG.... check on that ...
its an additional amount ...

profile76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
toothie said:
hi ,
i have a friend who last year was offfered the same thing. she did her AEGD for a year with the confidence that the following year she would be definately given a seat in the class of 2008...
if u are sure that u dont want to repeat ure exam to improve ure score and want to be sure of getting placed next year then go for it.
i dont know what ure score is.. im presuming that ther is potential for improvement. its ure choice.
plus i think they willl make u pay for the AEDG.... check on that ...
its an additional amount ...
thnaks for all ur advises.its comforting,but i still have to decide on giving part 1.i haven't applied in thew est coast cuz last deadlines were over by the time i recieved my score. so i'm hoping on them.i'm planning for part 2.
and about the aegd programme i have my friend who is already into programme last yr an dgot admiitted this yr for dds. just within 6mths she was offered the seat.theyw ere totally 10 in the programme and 8of 10 got into dds. ofcourse its expensive ,it costed about 50,000 dollars apart from living expenses.u should also have score above 80,good attendance,intrest in the programme.
i'm thinking baout the amount thats really painful.haven't thought anything about it yet.
toothie my score is 85 in part1.
toefl-250 getting old this nov.
gpa-3.5