Who is taking it again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leonine

The WARRIOR
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you folks will be taking the MCAT again in April 05?

I know most are undecided and will be certain in about 2 months time, but asking this question then would'nt be fun :p

So based on yesterday's experience what is the general consensus? Are you,

Content?
Uncertain?
Disappointed?
Indifferent?

Members don't see this ad.

Uncertain and slightly disappointed. I'm probably in for April. Fun fun funnnnn.....

definitely uncertain and disappointed beyond words; probably taking it again; now i wish i had waited. the thing is i don't want to waste my time on apps if i'm retaking b/c it would delay my app year

Disappointed, uncertain & most of all upset. I'm planning for April for sure. Call me crazy, but I think I am actually going to continue studying for MCAT until then...I think someone like me needs to. :(

But first, I need to finish my vacation...

Members don't see this ad :)
strangelight said:
Disappointed, uncertain & most of all upset. I'm planning for April for sure. Call me crazy, but I think I am actually going to continue studying for MCAT until then...I think someone like me needs to. :(

I too have a mixed feeling, feel disappointed and uncertain - i'll definitely be taking it again in April.

I am debating whether i should continue studying for the April exam or give myself a couple of months before i delve into this systematic torture.

Leonine said:
I too have a mixed feeling, feel disappointed and uncertain - i'll definitely be taking it again in April.

I am debating whether i should continue studying for the April exam or give myself a couple of months before i delve into this systematic torture.

Well, I'm giving myself time until school starts at the end of this month. I'm not gonna study intensely like I did this summer, but rather devote maybe 1-2 hours everyday or every other day. I don't want all this summer's work to go to waste, nor do I want to start all over again when prepping for April, sooo I might as well continue where I left off from...

If you're SURELY gonna retake it in April, I think it'd be wise to continue studying since you've kinda got the touch now. I mean, wouldn't you rather take it easy by spreading everything out than torturing yourself again a few months before April?

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, just take some time off first. It's needed :)

having to take it again totally screws me over with classes, and extracurriculars..my gut feeling is i have to take it again...its a sickening feeling but then again whatever it takes to get where i need to be its worth it...is it really true ours cores will be delayed due to hurricane?

But all my books are written in. I guess I'll have to hold a big "erasing party" if I'm going to reuse my practice books.

willthatsall said:
Same here. Let's just say I'm not giving away my MCAT studying stuff yet.

I tried not to write on the practice exams (well, not all of them). I just used extra scrap paper to figure things out.

I'll be back in April... +pissed+

strangelight said:

Same with me. I was in panick , yes I admit the test was easy ( compare with Kaplan)...my attitude towards it killed me...I used to have 30+ in Kaplan, well I 6 passages in PS and 4 in BS I even did not read, I was just picking the answers that made more sense to me...I know it sucks to study for it again, but I'll retake it in April and I'll do good.

but what practice tests will we take..i for one did them all and they stick in my memory like POWs