Who is taking the Computer Based July PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThugMotivation

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys..the paper based PCAT is now history. Any thoughts or advices on the CBT for next PCAT on July? Are there any study aids targetted for the CBT such as practice problems on CD or anything? Also share your experiences if you have taken the CBT!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Alright guys..the paper based PCAT is now history. Any thoughts or advices on the CBT for next PCAT on July? Are there any study aids targetted for the CBT such as practice problems on CD or anything? Also share your experiences if you have taken the CBT!:)

I took it on a computer last october- It was so much easier as far as the essay's go and you didn't have to wait for everyone to finish to move on to the next section. And you could bookmark questions to come back to them in the end. I thought it was much better than what I've heard about the paper one.

How is it when it comes to time management as compared to the paper based? Do you still rush to get through sections? And can you use Ctrl+F for the reading comprehension? lol

Members don't see this ad :)

As far as I am aware of, only Pearson and PCAT Achiever are gearing for the CBT PCAT. :luck:

Lol- you can copy and paste I'm pretty sure
- If I remember correctly I typed my essays out on the notepad and copy/pasted it over.

Any idea if we can use a calculator? Like a built in one? I took the DAT and we could do it for that.

I'm taking PCAT this July too. Does anyone know when can I apply for the exam? I go on pcatweb.info, but I cant register for it. Also, anyone has Dr.Collins Pcat update for this year? Thanks

If you go to kaptest.com/practice you can sign up for free practice exams, etc.

I am a Sophmore and planning on taking the July PCAT, have you guys already registered on PharmCAS or do you wait til the end of your Junior year to register?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an update from Kaplan if anyone is interested in their PCAT material. Do not buy so from them until about another month they are changing the PCAT curriculum to target the CBT type exam. The information bio, chem, etc. is supposed to be the same but the format for their course will change. Don't know how much that helps.

I took the CBT in october- loved it!! you can copy and paste through out your essay. NO calculator. White board to do your math on. Everyone is sooo nice there too!! Pearson sends you an email 1 week before your exam that includes a link to 'practice software' so you can get oriented with your examination software.

I also took the Kaplan course, and have my course materials still (books cover all the major subjects and includes practice tests) for $250 OBO! PM me!

Does anyone know whether or not all the questions are on the same page and you just scroll completely down? Or is it set up so there are lets say 10 questions and then you go to page 2? I'm just curious because if its set up with 10 questions a page, it would be a pain to go back to questions you left unanswered!

Does anyone know whether or not all the questions are on the same page and you just scroll completely down? Or is it set up so there are lets say 10 questions and then you go to page 2? I'm just curious because if its set up with 10 questions a page, it would be a pain to go back to questions you left unanswered!

1 question per page

I ll take pcat this july for my first time. Anyone could suggest how long does it take to study? I am taking 16 quarter credits and the quarter will end arounf mid june. Do you think it is enough time for study? I am worry since there are a lots to review.

If your taking the PCAT in July and won't be registering on PharmCAS til next summer, do you still send your scores to PharmCAS and will they hold them?

Hey! I'm taking it in July, too! I have a question about the registration process. In order to submit the registration we have to choose the schools now that we are applying to, but what if we want to add or remove some? Is that easy to do and do they refund your money if you remove a couple later on?

Also I see that the July ones are a week apart. It would be better to take the earlier one for rolling admissions schools, right? Do they not start to review your application until they get the PCAT scores?

Hey! I'm taking it in July, too! I have a question about the registration process. In order to submit the registration we have to choose the schools now that we are applying to, but what if we want to add or remove some? Is that easy to do and do they refund your money if you remove a couple later on?

Also I see that the July ones are a week apart. It would be better to take the earlier one for rolling admissions schools, right? Do they not start to review your application until they get the PCAT scores?

I took it back in October. MAKE SURE you put have the PharmCAS code added so they get your test as soon as the test is done being scored. Otherwise you have to wait the few weeks until they score it before they let you request that the test be sent to an additional place, which will then take them another week or two to do.

"f your designated PharmCAS schools require the PCAT, you MUST arrange for Harcourt Assessment to send your PCAT scores directly to PharmCAS – CODE 104"

If you guys have any PharmCAS or PCAT related questions feel free to message me and I'll tell you what I can.

I am taking it July 27th. Been studying for about 1 month now, my plan is to gradually increase the intensity of my studying from about 2-3hrs a day, which is what I am at now, once the spring semester is over with. For the first summer session I am hoping to study for a solid 3 hours a day, and the month prior to the exam which is also the second summer school session for me go 5 hours a day until test day. The only thing that sucks is that I am also taking 13 credits this summer which is 2 courses per summer semester. I am also working but honestly the way I see it... no pain, no gain :D
Anything less than 90th percentile would be utter failure IMO.

I took the CBT in october- loved it!! you can copy and paste through out your essay. NO calculator. White board to do your math on. Everyone is sooo nice there too!! Pearson sends you an email 1 week before your exam that includes a link to 'practice software' so you can get oriented with your examination software.

I also took the Kaplan course, and have my course materials still (books cover all the major subjects and includes practice tests) for $250 OBO! PM me!

hi
i was interested in the stuff you have

I am taking it July 27th. Been studying for about 1 month now, my plan is to gradually increase the intensity of my studying from about 2-3hrs a day, which is what I am at now, once the spring semester is over with. For the first summer session I am hoping to study for a solid 3 hours a day, and the month prior to the exam which is also the second summer school session for me go 5 hours a day until test day. The only thing that sucks is that I am also taking 13 credits this summer which is 2 courses per summer semester. I am also working but honestly the way I see it... no pain, no gain :D
Anything less than 90th percentile would be utter failure IMO.

Wow im taking it the same day and I wasn't even planning on starting til June, guess I need to get on my game :laugh:

I just signed up and I'm extremely nervous. I never do good on standardized tests. Even Ochem finals don't scare me as much! I was wondering if Dr. Collin's stuff would be worth it to get now and use towards the July PCAT.

Wow im taking it the same day and I wasn't even planning on starting til June, guess I need to get on my game :laugh:

I haven't really started either, don't worry. I'll start really working hard in June and July.

Taking it in July as well. In the Pearson information, it says you will get a whiteboard with dry erase markers & eraser to use for your test - is this still the case for the CBT? I need something to write, I am not quick with using notepad for math notes, but I can practice if I have to. :p

Is there any way we can X out answer choices on the computerized version?

I usually like to mark those if I get stuck between 2 answer choices and decide to skip it and come back. I wouldn't want to start the problem from scratch if I had already spent a few seconds working on it earlier.

Hmm.. does anyone know where you sign up for the specific testing date for the July exam? I just registered, but all Pearson's registration form asked was which testing month. Can I just show up on either the 20th or 27th? I apologize if this question is really stupid/ignorant `-`

Hmm.. does anyone know where you sign up for the specific testing date for the July exam? I just registered, but all Pearson's registration form asked was which testing month. Can I just show up on either the 20th or 27th? I apologize if this question is really stupid/ignorant `-`
you have to pick a test center and date using the pearsonvue website. Its all on the receipt or on registratin confirmation page

How much easier/harder is it taking the PCAT on the computer versus on paper? All my life I've been taking tests on paper and this will be my first computer based test. I'd like to know all the tricks available to me with a computer based test that weren't apparent in paper based tests.

Questions for those who wrote the computerized PCAT:

Is there a timer on the computer screen where you know how many minutes left to the test? I always bring a watch to tests, but on a fast-paced test such as the PCAT, I forget to check the time. Having a timer in front of you is very helpful.

Do the proctors allow ear plugs in the test rooms? It can get nosy hearing other test takers typing on the keyboard on the essay section!

Lastly, what do you use to work out math or chem problems?

Thanks in advance :) :)!!

did u try it before? They ask me to register for the event, so i'm not sure... they gonna charge us later?

I was wondering the same thing. They claim its totally free and haven't asked for any personal information so I don't believe you have to pay. I signed up just to take it and see what happens score-wise.

Hi! This is my first post : )

I also have a question:
Are the questions be shown one by one or as a scroll-down list? I'm thinking it'd be difficult to skip around and answer the easier ones if questions are shown one at a time.

Thanks in advance!