ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
Who is your favorite SDNer?

ChymeChancellor
DR. EUGENICS/DR. BRAINIAC
 

CTtarheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
775
2
Status
Medical Student
what about premed_machine and premed_machine2? He's a legend.
 

CTtarheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
775
2
Status
Medical Student
no way . . . i can't believe there was a premed_machine3. Wow, definietly wins the SDN troll all-star award
 

nekrogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
964
0
Status
jackie md 2007 here too :) kirexhana also wins my vote :p
 

strawberryfield

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
999
9
Status
Attending Physician
all 3 former premed_machines and any future premed_machines get my vote! :thumbup: I loved when people took him seriously! :laugh:
 

chewsnuffles

is a series of tubes
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
456
1
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Medical
Jackies good, but pre_medmachine wins.
NOTHING can beat the time he asked the random, super difficult biochem question in the "not even peripherally related to the mcat thread" and sent about 5 students to almost throw themselves out the window before it was shown he was just kidding around.

Best part of the post.
the end
"biochem, it can be tricky sometimes"
I laugh because I have a friend who tried to explain O-chem to me once, and instead of helping me, everytime I meantioned something I was unsure of, all he said was "that can be tricky sometimes". So condesending, yet I'm pretty sure he didn't get it at all.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
chewsnuffles said:
Jackies good, but pre_medmachine wins.
NOTHING can beat the time he asked the random, super difficult biochem question in the "not even peripherally related to the mcat thread" and sent about 5 students to almost throw themselves out the window before it was shown he was just kidding around.

Best part of the post.
the end
"biochem, it can be tricky sometimes"
I laugh because I have a friend who tried to explain O-chem to me once, and instead of helping me, everytime I meantioned something I was unsure of, all he said was "that can be tricky sometimes". So condesending, yet I'm pretty sure he didn't get it at all.
EXCUSE ME! That is the LAST time I edit anything for you!
NO EDIT FOR YOU! ONE YEAR!! :laugh:

To everyone else, you are too kind.
I have so many favorite SDN'ers, I don't know what to say. :)
 

GoodDoctor

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
446
0
Status
Medical Student
I hate to play the popularity game, but these are the ones who I've found extraordinarily helpful, civil, and well-spoken.
LizzyM
MollyMalone
JackieMD
kirexhana
Law2Doc

My vote for best new member goes to:
frycek
 

uvce

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2006
182
1
Status
GoodDoctor said:
I hate to play the popularity game, but these are the ones who I've found extraordinarily helpful, civil, and well-spoken.
LizzyM
MollyMalone
JackieMD
kirexhana
Law2Doc

My vote for best new member goes to:
frycek
QofQuimica belongs in the list of the helpful, civil and well spoken people.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
GoodDoctor said:
I hate to play the popularity game, but these are the ones who I've found extraordinarily helpful, civil, and well-spoken.
LizzyM
MollyMalone
JackieMD
kirexhana
Law2Doc

My vote for best new member goes to:
frycek
GoodDoctor,
You, sir, have been really diplomatic and amazing in representing the LGBT pre-meds. I think my favorite quote from you is, "I'm queer, I'm here." I know it is out of context the way I am using it. Regardless, your posts have been refreshingly direct and thoughtful. :)

Jackie
 

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
1,313
6
Status
Medical Student
ChymeChancellor said:
Who is your favorite SDNer?


DrDurden, for the irony. The last thing Tyler Durden would be is a doctor. Unless he did it to splice pornography into X-rays... :laugh:

Also, JackieMD for being a Larry David fan and very active on the forum and Erina, my MCAT twin, for being friendly, smart, and did I mention gorgeous? :love:

And also, Apparition for having the cutest avatar ever.
 

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
18,915
4,165
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
GoodDoctor said:
I hate to play the popularity game, but these are the ones who I've found extraordinarily helpful, civil, and well-spoken.
LizzyM
MollyMalone
JackieMD
kirexhana
Law2Doc
I'd add njbmd, efex101, and REL to this list for being super helpful to me when I was applying. Plus everyone who helps me with the MCAT subforum, the pre-allo/MCAT mods, and Lee. :)
 

coco11

will settle for roses
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
344
0
Status
Medical Student
i'd say that the mods are some of the most helpful people on here.

Q
njbmd
mollymalone

:)
 

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
16,442
7,502
Nowhere
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I like the people on the anes. forum. JetProPilot, UTSouthwestern, MilitaryMD, SDN1977, VentDependent. Nevertheless, I'm extremely appreciative of all the vets on the pre-allo forum.
 

Pose

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
1,124
173
Status
Medical Student
I like that prowler fellow, dropkickmurphy...And...Wait, who is that other...Oh yeah. OSUdoc. I also enjoy Q, njbmd, and a few others that I'm unsure of. Someone that has a puppy in their avatar, and I think I like someone with a car, too. There are quite a few.
 

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
1,252
1
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
Q: Probably the nicest person on SDN.

Law: Probably the most knowledgable person on SDN.

Jackie: Probably the most trigger-happy poster on SDN. :D
-Dr. P.
 
OP
ChymeChancellor

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
ChymeChancellor stop giving Dr. Eugenics a bad name
I think we found the newest incarnation of DR. EUGENICS/DR. BRAINIAC/premed_machine.
 

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
5,521
5
toast or english muffins
Status
MD/PhD Student
I have too many favorites to list. Also, favorite does not necessarily equal most helpful. But of course, Jackie, Danjo, people who like to play werewolf, and all the people who hang out in the random thread get a big :thumbup: from this little lady.
 

Bubblehead-to-MD

Emergency Blow!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2006
2,034
0
Baltimore, MD
Status
Medical Student
scentimint said:
I have too many favorites to list. Also, favorite does not necessarily equal most helpful. But of course, Jackie, Danjo, people who like to play werewolf, and all the people who hang out in the random thread get a big :thumbup: from this little lady.
Hey, thanks for the shout out babe! You know you make my cut too! ;)
 

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
9,768
23
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Pose said:
I like that prowler fellow, dropkickmurphy...
Thank you Pose.
 

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
3,015
11
34
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
Some of the pre-osteo guys are really great. Nate and Huntergatherer especially.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ChymeChancellor said:
Who is your favorite SDNer?

ChymeChancellor
DR. EUGENICS/DR. BRAINIAC
Of course you'd put yourself on the list and then put a couple of destructive trolls. Doesn't surprise me after that day I saw you make that sh*tty comment to Chaey about her MCAT. Now I just sort of expect that you're going to be kind of jerky. Sometimes you have good comments but sometimes it seems you are mean for the sake of being mean.

Everyone else--I really like scentimint, anastasis, DrVanNostran, coco11, danjo (of course), mollymalone, mshheaddoc, Pemberley, GoodDoctor, strawberryfield, MiesVanDerMom, Aung, jrice, Robizzle, thnknofu3, theprowler, Q of Quim, and Schaden Freud. I'm sure there are others too but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
 

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
3,015
11
34
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
I decided theres just way too many amazing, knowledgable SDNers to start listing them. If I get in this cycle, it will be because of them.
 

SitraAchra

Attending Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
1,282
177
Status
Attending Physician
DRKUBA said:
I decided theres just way too many amazing, knowledgable SDNers to start listing them. If I get in this cycle, it will be because of them.

I'm going to do some of the work for you.



1. SitraAchra
2. some dudes
3. yo mama
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey, fellow UCSB alum!
Add butmylipshurtrealbad to the list.
Oh, and Bluntman.
Oh, and Floptomist.
 

strawberryfield

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
999
9
Status
Attending Physician
jackieMD2007 said:
Everyone else--I really like scentimint, anastasis, DrVanNostran, coco11, danjo (of course), mollymalone, mshheaddoc, Pemberley, GoodDoctor, strawberryfield, MiesVanDerMom, Aung, jrice, Robizzle, thnknofu3, theprowler, Q of Quim, and Schaden Freud. I'm sure there are others too but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
thanks jackie! :D I feel loved :love: lol...you're one of my favorites too! ;)
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
strawberryfield said:
thanks jackie! :D I feel loved :love: lol...you're one of my favorites too! ;)
You are loved. :love: You always have something sweet to say... And the cutie dog pic too. Any word on those waitlists?? :luck: for you!
 

strawberryfield

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
999
9
Status
Attending Physician
jackieMD2007 said:
You are loved. :love: You always have something sweet to say... And the cutie dog pic too. Any word on those waitlists?? :luck: for you!
no word on the waitlists :rolleyes: thanks for asking though :oops: I'm pretty set on going to KCOM now, it's going to be great! :D I try to be nice, I don't get why people would come on here to be mean :rolleyes: but I suppose there's more than a few.

I love looking @ my dog when she was a cute puppy too...lol.... hence why it's my avatar!

good luck to you w/ this cycle! you're so on top of things, I'm sure you'll get plenty of interviews and acceptances too :luck:
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Robizzle said:
WOW never thought my name would be in here! THANKS JACKIE!! right back atcha ;)
Heck yes, Boston Rob. We are the motha-f-ing list team for '07! Tag team, back again!! :)
 

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
7,990
45
Tally/Willkillya County
psu.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
What do I have to do to get on a list? :p As long as it isn't sexual favors I am probably up for it.
 

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
186
0
Status
Pre-Medical
jackieMD2007 said:
Everyone else--I really like scentimint, anastasis, DrVanNostran, coco11, danjo (of course), mollymalone, mshheaddoc, Pemberley, GoodDoctor, strawberryfield, MiesVanDerMom, Aung, jrice, Robizzle, thnknofu3, theprowler, Q of Quim, and Schaden Freud. I'm sure there are others too but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Are you still pissed at me because I picked a username with someone who could beat the shiit out of Chuck Norris?

Damn, way to hold a grudge. :laugh:
 

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
1,454
14
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i'm so glad jackie listed me :) now all the pain of high school is erased... here goes my best shot: jackie, anastasis, schadenfreuden, qofquimica, oxeye, jota-jota, dr mota, dr pepper, tenaciousmd, and brettbachelor. A lot of people I only know avatars! EVERYONE over in the non-trad forum is awesome. And my love affair with Dr. E. ended when I caught him in bed with Chyme. :sleep: :thumbdown: So he does NOT make the list...

ETA: severus, scentimint and her supercute avatars :)
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Oh! Yeah!
And TomWestmanRules, and Oxeye.
I totally heart Oxeye's baby! :)
And Tom went through the April wait with us! :)
 

keepdreaming

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
157
0
Status
Pre-Medical
lol does this feel like a huge popularity contest to anybody else??? (cue high school flash backs)

i'm a new poster but i've DEFINITELY read enough threads so i'm gonna have to go with jackie who seems to be the big sister of the forum. my props to her endless amount of med school process knowledge :thumbup:
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What's funny is I am the oldest sister in my family. :) Maybe that's why I'm so BOSSY! :laugh:
Welcome keepdreaming :clap: and many new members we've seen lately...joanofarc and others. :thumbup:
 

coco11

will settle for roses
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
344
0
Status
Medical Student
jackieMD2007 said:
Of course you'd put yourself on the list and then put a couple of destructive trolls. Doesn't surprise me after that day I saw you make that sh*tty comment to Chaey about her MCAT. Now I just sort of expect that you're going to be kind of jerky. Sometimes you have good comments but sometimes it seems you are mean for the sake of being mean.

Everyone else--I really like scentimint, anastasis, DrVanNostran, coco11, danjo (of course), mollymalone, mshheaddoc, Pemberley, GoodDoctor, strawberryfield, MiesVanDerMom, Aung, jrice, Robizzle, thnknofu3, theprowler, Q of Quim, and Schaden Freud. I'm sure there are others too but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

:luck:

thanks for the shoutout jackie!

I have a similar list. Although I don't know many people on here, I find the posts of these people to be helpful/funny/both :)

Anastasis
Jackie
Scentiment
theprowler
adeadlois
CavalierMD
miesvandermom
strawberry
Dr.Durden
bluntman
oxeye
peeps that have played the werewolf games
the mods i already mentioned
....and i'm sure there are others

:clap: luck to all those applying this cycle
 

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2005
3,625
3
34
Alabama
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'd have to say QofQuimica has certainly been the most helpful to me. Also several others who have helped me personally are Boomed, Mr. Burns, LizzyM and of course Brett Batchelor is the ****.

I can't think of others right now, although I am sure they exist.