Who Knows How To Apply Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i77ac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall,

Anyone know how to apply early for AMCAS? I checked their website and the applications are not ready, it says it wont be ready until May...

Now I know you can't actually turn it in until May... But I thought one of the threads suggested that we can fill out all the classes and ECs and others, and when May comes we just send it online. Well, all I see is bunch of worksheets for practice.

Can someone help? Do I have to wait till may for filling in my info for AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, the first day for submission is actually June 1st, and the application comes online sometime in May. I think most people suggest having your PS written and all of your sources available to input your data into AMCAS (consdiring entering your coursework should only take an hour or two).
To top it off, the first day AMCAS actually sends out the applications to schools is sometime in July I think, but they start processing your apps beginning in June. Sooo... Basically just get your stuff ready and have your transcripts sent into AMCAS as soon as you've started your app and have your AMCAS ID #.
There's no prize for being the first application to be submitted, but if you've handled your business properly, your app will be sent in the first batch that gets transmitted to schools.

thought he meant ED...

but anyways...yeah of course...there are only worksheets right now. its for you to practice and fill it out so that when the amcas becomes available later this summer you will already have everything you need to fill it out.

outside of that you cannot turn it in earlier than the first date they allow you to submit which is what slick said...6.1

Letters of rec or the committee letter are what hold most people up so get those submitted to your letter service or pre-med committee as soon as you can. The AMCAS itself only takes a few hours to fill out.