who makes more

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dc-10

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
who makes more money. A radiologist MD, or an endodontist DDS?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about radiologis MD, but from what I know Endodontics DDS Makes haila mulla am talking 'bout over 1 mill a year after taxes (net). That sounds like a lot to me.

The question you should be asking is who makes more: a cardio thoracic surgeon or an endodontist. Endo's are at a different stratosphere. Many GP's earn more than Radiologists.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are so many factors that determine the earning potential of either of these professions like how many hours one works, speed/efficiency, and overhead costs to name just a few.

I assume that the average radiologist or endodontist will never be without the essentials: food, water, and shelter. Plus have enough to indulge in many non-essential wants.....if their money is managed correctly.

In any case, if you are interested in pursuing either career....with hard work, you'll be among the highest paid professionals in the country. It all depends....

The answer: who cares. Both make a lot of money. After a certain point money doesnt matter and you must pursue the career you would like best.

I always heard the breakdown was kinda like this

Endo/Perio/Ortho : ~300 K/yr

Oral Surgeon : ~1 Million/yr

My aunt who is a neuroradiologist makes about $300K a year in Southern California (and is expected to make more over the years). She was offered $500K starting to go to Arizona.