Who pays for interview flights/hotel/car....?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Belleza156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interviewed with a CMG and an independent group. The CMG paid for airfare/hotel/car rental. I assumed that was the standard. However, I'm interviewing with an independent group and they haven't offered to pay for anything. Same goes for a small democratic group. Is the standard that only the big CMGs pay for you to interview with them?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have interviewed with a CMG and an independent group. The CMG paid for airfare/hotel/car rental. I assumed that was the standard. However, I'm interviewing with an independent group and they haven't offered to pay for anything. Same goes for a small democratic group. Is the standard that only the big CMGs pay for you to interview with them?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

Depends on how bad they want you. The CMG has money to spend because it takes money off the top. The other groups distribute that money back to the partners. But again, depends on how much they want you.

We don't pay interview expenses because we don't have to. We get plenty of good candidates applying willing to foot that themselves.

A CMG trying to attract you to a crap job in Timbuktu? No surprise they have to offer that, but remember where the money to pay for that comes from.

Members don't see this ad :)
We don't pay interview expenses because we don't have to. We get plenty of good candidates applying willing to foot that themselves.

A CMG trying to attract you to a crap job in Timbuktu? No surprise they have to offer that, but remember where the money to pay for that comes from.

To put it otherwise: In the end you pay for it, one way or another.

Or you can just pay the local CMG in your area of interest to cover your expenses to travel and also arrange to interview at your local independent physician or SDG around the same time. Kill two birds with one stone and you're not obligated to sign with anyone for having your expenses covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Some jobs do. Some jobs don't. Just because they do doesn't necessarily mean it's a crap hole. It could just be in a less desireable area of the country.