Mathemagician

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i'm submitting a case report to a journal that is requiring 5 potential reviewers. if i'm submitting to a peds journal but the case pertains to ophthamology could i list ophthamologists and pediatricians or only pediatricians? also, is it ok to list docs at your home institution if they were not involved or know about the case?

sorry if these questions come off as incredibly dumb, but i really didn't know and didn't find any posts on this. thanks in advance for replies.

Tildy

12 yrs old, feels like 84
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
My master's house
Status
Attending Physician
i'm submitting a case report to a journal that is requiring 5 potential reviewers. if i'm submitting to a peds journal but the case pertains to ophthamology could i list ophthamologists and pediatricians or only pediatricians? also, is it ok to list docs at your home institution if they were not involved or know about the case?

You can list anyone who might be knowledgeable on the topic of your paper, regardless of their field of practice or even if they are physicians. However, you should not list people who are at your home institution OR who are current collaborators with you or whoever is senior author on your paper.

Also, don't list people who hate you or your mentor.;)