Mathemagician

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
Status
  1. Medical Student
i'm submitting a case report to a journal that is requiring 5 potential reviewers. if i'm submitting to a peds journal but the case pertains to ophthamology could i list ophthamologists and pediatricians or only pediatricians? also, is it ok to list docs at your home institution if they were not involved or know about the case?

sorry if these questions come off as incredibly dumb, but i really didn't know and didn't find any posts on this. thanks in advance for replies.

Tildy

12 yrs old, feels like 84
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
My master's house
Status
  1. Attending Physician
i'm submitting a case report to a journal that is requiring 5 potential reviewers. if i'm submitting to a peds journal but the case pertains to ophthamology could i list ophthamologists and pediatricians or only pediatricians? also, is it ok to list docs at your home institution if they were not involved or know about the case?

You can list anyone who might be knowledgeable on the topic of your paper, regardless of their field of practice or even if they are physicians. However, you should not list people who are at your home institution OR who are current collaborators with you or whoever is senior author on your paper.

Also, don't list people who hate you or your mentor.;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads