Who says you can't get a decent lab from an online class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MLT2MT2DO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
BIOL 233 Human Anatomy and Physiology (4)( )() () ()

Continuation of the principles of human anatomy and physiology. Includes the anatomy and physiology of the reproductive, cardiovascular, lymphatic, sensory, and endocrine systems. A cat specimen is used as an anatomical model (each student will be receiving a cat specimen via mail for dissection). An interactive CD ROM is used for the physiological portion in the laboratory segment of this course.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This brings two questions to mind.
#1. Am I the only one that would be disturbed recieving a dead cat in my mail (not to mention what if this were taken in a summer semester, how long is it sitting on your porch before you get home?)

#2. If you end up doing multiple labs with said cat, how does one go about store a half dissected cat from week to week? Next to the milk?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Continuation of the principles of human anatomy and physiology. Includes the anatomy and physiology of the reproductive, cardiovascular, lymphatic, sensory, and endocrine systems. A cat specimen is used as an anatomical model (each student will be receiving a cat specimen via mail for dissection). An interactive CD ROM is used for the physiological portion in the laboratory segment of this course.

#1. Am I the only one that would be disturbed recieving a dead cat in my mail (not to mention what if this were taken in a summer semester, how long is it sitting on your porch before you get home?)

#2. If you end up doing multiple labs with said cat, how does one go about store a half dissected cat from week to week? Next to the milk?

No in the crisper next to your dinner salad!

Got some cola, purple stuff, dead cat, hey...SUNNY D!

We received pigs in my online bio class. We had to submit pictures of the organs.

Where is this class offered?

Eastern Oregon University, they are one of the few universities that I've been able to find that have a physics w/lab online. Not going to take it, but I was surprised to find that A&P class.

in high school, i took an accelerated human anatomy class with cat dissection at a local jc. we had to dissect the cat in 2 weeks, which was pretty crazy. needless to say, we had to take our cat home over the weekend to finish tagging the muscles. used an old icebox to keep it "fresh."

A cat specimen is used as an anatomical model (each student will be receiving a cat specimen via mail for dissection).

...well they never said they shipped it "ready for dissection" it may be a "do it yourself" specimen.

:eek:

Eastern Oregon University, they are one of the few universities that I've been able to find that have a physics w/lab online. Not going to take it, but I was surprised to find that A&P class.

Where else have you found classes online that offer an online lab?:D

Where else have you found classes online that offer an online lab?:D

There are tons of places, awhile ago I had a hairbrain idea that I was going to do my whole pre-med online. Then I found out some schools frown upon it, not to mention there isn't a single school that I could do all of my pre-reqs through.
I have sinced decided a full year of getting my butt back in a classroom would be a better idea, ecspecially if a school asks about the classes and I get accepted, and they want me to retake the classes. As it is now I can stand retaking 3 classes in a year before marticulation, 7 might drive me batso.

singinfifi said:
...well they never said they shipped it "ready for dissection" it may be a "do it yourself" specimen.
:eek:

Dissected or not, don't you think a dead cat baking in the summer heat all day would stink?

Hmmm, wonder if they do mail order for Human A&P with the same specimen? Fit that in your icebox... :smuggrin:

Dissected or not, don't you think a dead cat baking in the summer heat all day would stink?

....not if they didn't send it to you dead....hence the "do it yourself"...

...it was a joke...lol