who STILL has not taken those damn DATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meth mouth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i haven't
aug 28th
lame i know
:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Taking mine tomorrow, wish me luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is in 10 days.... :barf: For some reason, I just don't feel prepared. Maybe it is just my nerves. The past week I've been doing 6-8 hours a day of nothing but DAT DAT DAT. I guess I'll go into overdrive the next 9 days and do maybe 8-10 hours. I know my G Chem and Orgo pretty well now, but I'm not doing so great on Bio. I thought I knew it since I'm a bio major and all, and then took a practice test and made a 16 on bio. I've read thru Kaplan, but I feel like there is more I need to know. But, with what everyone says about the bio being so random....I've decided I'm gunna keep studying my chemistries and pull 25's in those and then like a 17 or 18 in bio and it'll all average out. :thumbup: Lol. Yes, I am rambling. But, it releases tension and makes me feel better. :rolleyes:

Oh, and good luck to you Mackchops!! :D

DMD to Be said:
Mine is in 10 days.... :barf: For some reason, I just don't feel prepared. Maybe it is just my nerves. The past week I've been doing 6-8 hours a day of nothing but DAT DAT DAT. I guess I'll go into overdrive the next 9 days and do maybe 8-10 hours. I know my G Chem and Orgo pretty well now, but I'm not doing so great on Bio. I thought I knew it since I'm a bio major and all, and then took a practice test and made a 16 on bio. I've read thru Kaplan, but I feel like there is more I need to know. But, with what everyone says about the bio being so random....I've decided I'm gunna keep studying my chemistries and pull 25's in those and then like a 17 or 18 in bio and it'll all average out. :thumbup: Lol. Yes, I am rambling. But, it releases tension and makes me feel better. :rolleyes:

Trust me, with a GPA like that you must have done very well in your bio pre-reqs. The bio section of the DAT will be no problem for you, so don't stress. Good luck...not that you'll need it.

tinman831 said:
You only applied to 3 schools? Wow, you're very confident in yourself. You'll be okay assuming the rest of your application is complete. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Texas schools strongly prefer texas residents, so he'd have the best chances there anyways.

Well I took mine at the end of July....I did well except i completely bombed the QR section...have no idea why (during the practice tests I was doing fine)..so i'm taking it again. The problem is i have to wait 90 days so that means I'll write it at the end of October...my chances for this year are pretty much over aren't they....???? :scared:

DMD to Be said:
I know my G Chem and Orgo pretty well now, but I'm not doing so great on Bio. I thought I knew it since I'm a bio major and all, and then took a practice test and made a 16 on bio. I've read thru Kaplan, but I feel like there is more I need to know. But, with what everyone says about the bio being so random....I've decided I'm gunna keep studying my chemistries and pull 25's in those and then like a 17 or 18 in bio and it'll all average out. :thumbup: Lol. Yes, I am rambling. But, it releases tension and makes me feel better. :rolleyes:

I was having trouble with Bio too, scoring as low as 14 on the practice tests. I broke out my old biology textbook and went through the whole thing. I went through every page, but I skipped over the stuff I knew already and took notes on the stuff that I was really unfamiliar with. It took me three days to get through the book but I ended up making a 21 on the Bio section. I think you should consider doing that too.

haven't set a date for my DAT yet, but i'm looking at early sept. just e-submitted my app. to AADSAS as of 8/20. am i considered late now? also should i mail the schools which i applied to the secondary fee and my picture now? or wait until after i take DAT before i do so? thanks =)

aggie-master said:
I was having trouble with Bio too, scoring as low as 14 on the practice tests. I broke out my old biology textbook and went through the whole thing. I went through every page, but I skipped over the stuff I knew already and took notes on the stuff that I was really unfamiliar with. It took me three days to get through the book but I ended up making a 21 on the Bio section. I think you should consider doing that too.

I have the Campbell's bio book, and I read that on and off. Mainly ecology and evolution, since I've heard that usually shows up. I only have 10 days left to review, and I'm about half finished w/ Orgo review. Still need to go over PAT and QR and take all my practice tests. Hm, :idea: maybe I should put it off for another week and read through that Campbell's book more thoroughly....I'd rather put it off and be prepared than take it too early and regret it. :)

DMD to Be said:
I have the Campbell's bio book, and I read that on and off. Mainly ecology and evolution, since I've heard that usually shows up. I only have 10 days left to review, and I'm about half finished w/ Orgo review. Still need to go over PAT and QR and take all my practice tests. Hm, :idea: maybe I should put it off for another week and read through that Campbell's book more thoroughly....I'd rather put it off and be prepared than take it too early and regret it. :)

definately make sure that you know your material...i would put it off the test and take it when i am ready to...

Well, I have already put it off so late that I won't have time to take it a second time and still be considered for the 07 cycle. Everything on my application is done but it hasn't been mailed out yet...So, what the heck I may just push it back one more week....We'll see how everything goes Wednesday when I take my first topscore. :thumbup: