Who still hasn't heard a word from USC post secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdcurious

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that USC is done interviewing, but I haven't received any paperwork from them. Does anyone's status page say anything about a final decision letter being mailed? My page is the same as it's been post-secondary. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothin'. I got nothin'. Same for lola too, I know...

well, the status page said that they would email with decisions, so i don't think it's going to show anything....that's why i've been checking my email 25 times a day!!!+pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm afraid usc is done interviewing by now. I think no news = rejection.

Alright, here is some information from an inside source. If you havn't recieved an interview, that means you are rejected. They were thinking about maybe interviewing some more people, and that is why they didn't send out the rejections quickely.

As for everybody post interview, no word, you are probably waitlisted and you'll get the letter soon. Dr. Quinn normally writes notes on the people on the high waitlists, so if you get this, it means that you will probably get in.

I also received no word at any point from USC, though as you can tell by my screen name, that's probably just as well.

Still, for a school to give NO WORD AT ALL at any point in the process, to me, is inexcusable.

hey now..some of us bruins would love to get into 'sc.....even over ucla.....

I am not going to let them have the pleasure of rejecting me. I withdrew my application on the status website about a week ago. Ha, ha I'll show them that they can't reject me but that I rejected them. I am much happier with my choice!!!!! USC's rejection letter was very condescending last year and I shouldn't have even reapplied, but I did because my parents live in Socal. It's too dang expensive anyway!!!!!:D

ha ha ha...
I have also yet to receive anything from USC, and I've contemplated withdrawing as well just to stick it to 'em. It's just so completely rude not to give any notification at all to us - we did pay practically $100, and for what?!

Actually, I think I might as well go withdraw my app... no sense in letting them have the last word!

I feel used. Post-secondary I have nothing to show for applying there, except for their cheesy brochure. This school's definitely lost my respect. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jalby
Alright, here is some information from an inside source. They were thinking about maybe interviewing some more people, and that is why they didn't send out the rejections quickely.

So what you're telling me is that I still have a chance ;)

Originally posted by asu03

Actually, I think I might as well go withdraw my app... no sense in letting them have the last word!

I figured I was the only who hadn't got the memo. Seriously I hate the fact that I wasted like a grand on schools who probably never even opened my file. Bastards. Oh well at least I am going somewhere. I might actually write them that leter now, maybe I will hint at deposit reimbursement.

"Since you haven't actually finished processing my app do you think you might reimburse me the money that hasnt been spent on cocktail parties and bbq's for the students you already flew out to cali on my tab?"

-ct

i think we should demand that if by may 15th we haven't heard news from them, we should get our secondary fees back.

p

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, do any of you have the link to the status page handy? i don't know what it is anymore, and i completely forgot about it. i interviewed, oh, i don't know, 5 months ago, and i'd really just like to tell them to shove it -- it's ridiculous to string people along like this. i really liked usc, but i can't believe the way they handle most of their applicants. grr.

Originally posted by badgergirl
hey, do any of you have the link to the status page handy? i don't know what it is anymore, and i completely forgot about it. i interviewed, oh, i don't know, 5 months ago, and i'd really just like to tell them to shove it -- it's ridiculous to string people along like this. i really liked usc, but i can't believe the way they handle most of their applicants. grr.

The site is http://keck-admit.hsc.usc.edu
:D

thanks aquaboy... unfortunately it told me nothing (i was confusing it with the NW status page where it tells you accept/reject), but i suppose i can mentally start freaking out around 11am (when the mailman comes) and i'm still stuck at work.

i'm going to focus on something good: today is my last day of undergrad classes ever. :D countdown to commencement: 9 days...

Dude, finally they sent the rejections. How classy - emails that tell you to log on to the status check site where you can download your rejection letter.

I am writing to tell you that are not one of those chosen for an interview. I understand how painful that may be at the moment. But I am sure that you understand as well as anyone the reality of the math.

Uh, no, it's not painful cuz it's not a surprise. And "the reality of the math"? Weird way of putting it.

USC is everything that is wrong with the medical profession. It is obvious their medical school and their admissions process is run like a business, with the bottom-line always in mind. First they don't screen primary applications so that everyone gets a secondary. Everyone sends in secondaries because they publish such low accepted applicant statistics, even though they have a $95 secondary fee. Then, in their own words: "...the reality of the math" prevents them from reviewing many or the majority of the applications. They stopped interviewing in early April, so why has it taken so long to e-mail (another tactic for the school to save money) those not considered for an interview? The answer is obvious, they are too busy laughing all the way to the bank with the >$450,000 in application fees. The decision letter was trite, unprofessional, and grammatically erroneous ( I am writing to tell you that are not one of those chosen for an interview... NOTICE THE SECOND "YOU" MISSING). The assistant dean cannot produce a grammatically sound 100 word letter in more than a month of free time. What a joke, I think the ~4300 applicants not interviewed should file a complaint with the AAMC against USC. Who's with me? And if you are reading this Mr. Erin A. Quinn, (the admissions staff of many schools regularly checks this website) then I suggest you resign and intern at UCLA, where they receive many more applications, but are prompt, courteous and at the very least respectful.

scott, you bring up some good points, but unfortunately these problems are not limited to USC. take, for example, BU. if you want to talk about laughing all the way to the bank, there's your prime example ($100 secondary fee, no secondary to speak of, etc.) UC Davis also sent out email rejections. i have yet to hear from Mount Sinai post-secondary. i interviewed at UCLA in nov. and did not hear from them until april. plenty of schools have bad ways of doing things. you can't let it get to you though. just gotta take the good with the bad and move on. unless they somehow discriminated against you, i wouldn't get all fired up over it.

It is so wrong. I turned in my secondary in September, they didn't cash my fat check til January and now a rejection email. Californians are so screwed, crazy hard to get into UCs and private schools that gouge you. Oh well. Best of luck to everyone.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry to those of you who didn't get an interview from my school. I was in the same position 3 years ago when I first applied. Don't lose heart if you don't get into anywhere. A lot of people at my school are second time applicants. If you really want to find out how to improve your applications, Dr. Quinn sometimes meets with rejected students to talk about how to improve their chances in applying the next time. If you really want to become a doctor, it might take time but you will be able to.

It was tacky that in the rejection letter they had to brag @ how many applications they received this year. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nefertari
It was tacky that in the rejection letter they had to brag @ how many applications they received this year. :rolleyes:

Just to bring up another point, the letter is the exact same one from last year , so even in that they are WACK! Oh well, USC is missing out on some great future MDs here......

okay, for those of us this may still apply to (all five people maybe?) i'm hoping we're waitlisted..but as for myself, i have a funny feeling my rejection email got lost in cyberspace....a little closure would be really nice right now....