1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

who thinks we should call the schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by wuyide, Nov 29, 2005.

1. wuyide

wuyide Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but what does everyone think about giving the schools we've interviewed at phone calls? do they appreciate it? (can't imagine they would)

i don't think calling will really have any bearing on our status at all, but i'm interested in what everybody's opinion on the matter is. peace out.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oldboy

oldboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Although it would be nice to know our fates on Thursday, I think calling the schools is a bad idea unless they told you they don't mind it. My impression from the interviews that I attended is that they don't want 100+ people calling them on Dec. 1st. I tried to call UCONN the other day to see if they advocate calling on the first and it went straight to the answering machine, which I bet will be the case for about a week.

4. myurth

myurth Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    Dr. Kasberg at IUPUI said to go ahead and give them a call on the 1st to find out. So in a case like that where they tell you straight up, I think it's OK, but some schools just don't have the setup to deal with that many phone calls.

5. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Don't Call UPENN! This was made very clear. Don't call them for 1 week.

6. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm going to call schools I didn't apply to just for fun.

"What!? Not accepted? You don't have my file?! But I interviewed!!!"

HaHaHA

7. I'mFillingFine

I'mFillingFine Pulptastic
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ha! :D Good plan. Maybe it would add a tiny bit of panic, symbolic of what we've been going through these several months :) (Not that they care enough about each applicant to panic, but hey....we can hope)

I agree with not calling. Though it may be excruciating, we've waited this long, and can wait a few more days! Also, if it's a rejection, I imagine it'd be much more awkard over the phone, and you never want to make things uncomfortable in case you apply to a school for a specialty program! Never burn those bridges.

(Does selling gifts from ex-boyfriends on eBay count? :oops: )