who thinks we should call the schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wuyide

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but what does everyone think about giving the schools we've interviewed at phone calls? do they appreciate it? (can't imagine they would)

i don't think calling will really have any bearing on our status at all, but i'm interested in what everybody's opinion on the matter is. peace out.

Members don't see this ad.

Although it would be nice to know our fates on Thursday, I think calling the schools is a bad idea unless they told you they don't mind it. My impression from the interviews that I attended is that they don't want 100+ people calling them on Dec. 1st. I tried to call UCONN the other day to see if they advocate calling on the first and it went straight to the answering machine, which I bet will be the case for about a week.

Dr. Kasberg at IUPUI said to go ahead and give them a call on the 1st to find out. So in a case like that where they tell you straight up, I think it's OK, but some schools just don't have the setup to deal with that many phone calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't Call UPENN! This was made very clear. Don't call them for 1 week.

I'm going to call schools I didn't apply to just for fun.

"What!? Not accepted? You don't have my file?! But I interviewed!!!"

HaHaHA

1992Corolla said:
I'm going to call schools I didn't apply to just for fun.

"What!? Not accepted? You don't have my file?! But I interviewed!!!"

HaHaHA

Ha! :D Good plan. Maybe it would add a tiny bit of panic, symbolic of what we've been going through these several months :) (Not that they care enough about each applicant to panic, but hey....we can hope)

I agree with not calling. Though it may be excruciating, we've waited this long, and can wait a few more days! Also, if it's a rejection, I imagine it'd be much more awkard over the phone, and you never want to make things uncomfortable in case you apply to a school for a specialty program! Never burn those bridges.

(Does selling gifts from ex-boyfriends on eBay count? :oops: )