Who though verbal was too easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeruvianDoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Form CN was a little easy with 2 10 question passages in the middle and 2 6 question passages in the end, nothing hard strait forward..I hope some of you thought it was difficult

Members don't see this ad.

form BK had "readable passages"...but I thought that some of the questions they asked were hard. Also, I had to speed read (without any going bak) because our proctor ended the verbal 4 min early.

What were your passages? I had form DK. abstract art/expressionism, mohave deserts, bte and refuge nonsense, music and trance, rosseau and education, parochial and universal concepts, antiques for knowing about the past, and couple of others.

I didn't think it was easy. I guess you got a 15. i think i got an 8 VR--> punishment I get for rhapsodizing tunes and losing focus.

I got some of the same passages, the whole trance, education, antiques, dinosaur crap. But I thought it was strait out. Nothing like those VR passages that you read and have no Idea whats going on. But I figure if everyone feels this way, if you miss 5 you'lle get a ten because of the curve, which would suck. And to the guy who was shafted 4 minutes, I would sue the bastards!

Members don't see this ad :)
The ones that seem the easiest are sometimes the most tricky... I guess we'll just have to wait until June.

If you thought it was too easy, that may be a sign you fell for all the tricks...You're supposed to feel uncomfortable walking out of VR, with all the "educated guessing" that you must do...

I felt that half the passages were more straightforward and that the questions weren't as tricky like that of examkracker's VR 101. There were a few passages that were tough- but not as many as I was used to. I walked out feeling like it was slightly easier because I was so used to having like 6-8 tough passages instead of the 4 or 5 that I had. I am still hoping for above a 10. If I get above a 10, then the passages were easy for me- VR is my weakest area. It all depends on your perspective. :)

I also found VR reasonable. usually i find ecology passages harder than literary/history/humantities type passages, which worries me.. i hope i didnt fall for too many of their tricks.

bigbassinbob said:
If you thought verbal was easy, you will end up with a low score on it.

I only half agree with this statement. It's true that if you felt it was easy, there is the chance that you fell for some of their tricks (also, other people probably thought it was easy and raised the curve). However, when I took the AAMC practice exams, I felt the best about 6R, and that ended up being my best verbal score.

UCLAstudent said:
I only half agree with this statement. It's true that if you felt it was easy, there is the chance that you fell for some of their tricks (also, other people probably thought it was easy and raised the curve). However, when I took the AAMC practice exams, I felt the best about 6R, and that ended up being my best verbal score.

I have taken around 18 VR tests (10 from EK 101 VR and ~6 from AAMC, 1 Kaplan, 1 EK). With that in mind... I have developed a feel for how well I do on those tests. So as long as the scales are similar, I think I did fine.

Yes it is sad... I took 18 tests... I feel like a loser now- I never sat back and thought about it. My score went from 7s to 11 and 12s though, so I would say it was worth it.

fun8stuff said:
I have taken around 18 VR tests (10 from EK 101 VR and ~6 from AAMC, 1 Kaplan, 1 EK). With that in mind... I have developed a feel for how well I do on those tests. So as long as the scales are similar, I think I did fine.

Yes it is sad... I took 18 tests... I feel like a loser now- I never sat back and thought about it. My score went from 7s to 11 and 12s though, so I would say it was worth it.

I took about that many, too: 9 from EK 101, 6 from Berkeley Review, 4 from AAMC.